Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Our Stadium is located between the main campus and St Pete Campus.    

I know some on here would like to paint the picture that our stadium is out in the boonies far far away from campus.  LOL

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Our Stadium is located between the main campus and St Pete Campus.

I know some on here would like to paint the picture that our stadium is out in the boonies far far away from campus. LOL

This must be the least convincing anti-OCS argument I've ever heard.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Tweets like that really make me think we are getting trolled. I can't think of 1 reason why an OCS would matter to a conference. But a troll who looks at this message board sees it as something that USF identify as the next thing needed.

:FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  422
  • Content Count:  9,786
  • Days Won:  8

So some of you guys really think these twitter fools are a modern day conference realignment Nostradamus....

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,814
  • Days Won:  3

Add UConn to the list of schools that play off campus.

I don't know why they're not mentioned more, maybe they're technically on-campus, but I went to the 13-9 game a few years ago, and their stadium is in the middle of f$#@% no where. Awful stadium... maybe it was the loss that left such a bad taste in my mouth though...

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

So some of you guys really think these twitter fools are a modern day conference realignment Nostradamus....

And some of you guys are really in denial that discussions are taking place behind the scenes.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't know why they're not mentioned more, maybe they're technically on-campus, but I went to the 13-9 game a few years ago, and their stadium is in the middle of f$#@% no where. Awful stadium... maybe it was the loss that left such a bad taste in my mouth though...

Some teams have, "on-campus" stadiums that are remote, but they are considered part of the campus, even if it's not contiguous.  South Carolina is like that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Days Won:  14

"Dedicated" is different than "on campus". see: Oregon, s carolina

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

And some of you guys are really in denial that discussions are taking place behind the scenes.

It's one thing to believe that discussions are taking place.

Quite another to believe that these guys have access to the inner sanctum and that they are leaking inside dope. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

Some teams have, "on-campus" stadiums that are remote, but they are considered part of the campus, even if it's not contiguous.  South Carolina is like that.

UConn's stadium is really off campus, like 45 miles off campus. UConn is in Storrs while they currently play football in East Hartford, in a community owned, taxpayer built stadium. The stadium was once the rumored home of the New England Patriots when talks for the Pats to get a new stadium broke down (years ago, before they eventually got the stadium).

You are right, it is very bleak, no color, no personality. The only thing your memory might be off, it is pretty close to downtown Hartford, so not really in the middle of nowhere.

Side note - first time USF played at UConn, it was before they were in that stadium, we played them on campus, where they basically had bleachers that could hold about 8,000 .... it was when both USF and UConn were transitioning between I-AA and I-A.