Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Tweets like that really make me think we are getting trolled. I can't think of 1 reason why an OCS would matter to a conference. But a troll who looks at this message board sees it as something that USF identify as the next thing needed.

The OCS doesn't make a difference.

I know Baylor is getting a new stadium on campus, but they currently play off campus.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

We play on the best playing surface in the NFL... and have space for an OCS... shouldn't matter. UCLA, USC and Miami don't have one.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We play on the best playing surface in the NFL... and have space for an OCS... shouldn't matter. UCLA, USC and Miami don't have one.

And Pitt

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Big 12 university president or a coach or AD: "I prefer on campus stadiums. They're not required if we expanded, but they would be nice."

USF message board or article: "Will USF ever get an on campus stadium? Interest seems to be there, but financial backing isn't yet, and Raymond James is okay for now."

Twitter jackass only sees "I prefer on campus stadiums if we expanded," and "Interest seems to be there for USF OCS." **** the dates they were written, sounds like USF must be planning an OCS because they're either planning to pitch themselves to the Big 12, or they're already on the radar and the B12 has told them to put an OCS plan in place as part of the initial agreement. See how easy that was?

Tweets like that really make me think we are getting trolled. I can't think of 1 reason why an OCS would matter to a conference. But a troll who looks at this message board sees it as something that USF identify as the next thing needed.

Plus, there has been legitimate OCS talk, or at least questioning, when they were asking McGillis/Woolard/Taggart about it a few months ago. Then the talk stirred up (even if only on here and maybe an Auman article) again when the NFL bag policy came out. All these Twitter duds do is find two half related comments and try to correlate them into a rumor.

"Realignment Primer" from Waiving the Wheat, a Kansas board.  

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/showthread.php?14545-Realignment-Primer

Good read.  Probably nothing will happen in the next few years.  

Also, if the writer is correct, if the B12 didn't think Louisville was worth $20M, we sure aren't.  We'd have to agree to a pretty serious revenue cut to be considered.  

All 10 B12 teams make roughly $20M/year

B12 teams stand to lose $1.4M per added team if they want to go to 12, get the CCG back, etc.  

Say we come in with Cincy or UCF, looks to me like (and I'm no math major) we and our incoming partner would need to agree to make no more than $13M/year in order to receive an invite from the B12 and have their current members make the same $.

Over the rest of the contract, hopefully we could stay competitive, grow our brand, maybe have some success in conference and position ourselves better when its time to renegotiate.

I'm sure our people have thought of this stuff already, but I'd love to see this happen, as it would still be $10M more or so than what we're making now.   

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Um, we'd need to be happy and praise the lord with a partial share of even $6 million per year, because even that would be way more than we're getting now. As long as eventually, at some point, we worked our way up to an even share.

Edited by Hem

Um, we'd need to be happy and praise the lord with a partial share of even $6 million per year, because even that would be way more than we're getting now. As long as eventually, at some point, we worked our way up to an even share.

Agreed, but you start high and work your way down as needed.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Of course lol

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

When it comes to the Revenue Sharing aspect, a half win, is still a win in our books...