Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

All we can do is keep praying for more realignment.

Databull is right, everything was quiet for a couple months there. Many of these "insiders" said it was over and they wouldn't be commenting on realignment anymore.

Now? All of the sudden It's crazy. There's something going on, something big, and it's going to be announced this season. By 2014 the CFB landscape will be changed.

We need to pray the B12 falls apart, because we DON'T want to be in it.

The best of all scenarios for USF is if UT and OU bolt for the PAC, taking TT and OSU with them

Why would that be best case scenario for USF?  In my mind, that is worst case.  We stand ZERO chance of getting into the ACC or SEC or B1G, if the Big 12 goes then we are permanently stuck in the AAC (if it still even exists at D4).  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just win baby! If we win, we get in.

Winning is Irrelevant.  Colorado joined the PAC12 and Syracuse and Rutgers both got out of the AAC

Maybe it was before, but the realignment game is not the same as it was before.  

I'm of the opinion that winning is important now because if conferences need to add more teams, they want the teams to be making money and getting viewers.  We'll get the most viewers when we are winning.  We've seen what happens when there is a buzz around the program like in 2007.  If we can somehow create that buzz in Tampa again, we are a shoo-in to a big boy conference.  

Databull is right, everything was quiet for a couple months there. Many of these "insiders" said it was over and they wouldn't be commenting on realignment anymore.

Now? All of the sudden It's crazy. There's something going on, something big, and it's going to be announced this season. By 2014 the CFB landscape will be changed.

The best of all scenarios for USF is if UT and OU bolt for the PAC, taking TT and OSU with them

Why would that be best case scenario for USF?  In my mind, that is worst case.  We stand ZERO chance of getting into the ACC or SEC or B1G, if the Big 12 goes then we are permanently stuck in the AAC (if it still even exists at D4).  

I'm ok with being stuck in the AAC if it's D4.  

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

If I was the university president, my order of preference would be:

1.  B1G
2.  ACC
3.  B12
4.  AAC (or some derivitive) in D4

Based upon reading the tea leaves, I think all four of these are possible, with order of likelihood being:

1. B12
2. AAC in D4
3. B1G
4. ACC

Mainly I have the ACC last right now because FSU and Miami are currently in.  That makes it difficult to justify adding a 3rd and or 4th Florida member.  If FSU and/or Miami leave, then the ACC shoots to the top of list of possibilities.

Based on known rumor and facts, it appears that the AAC or some variation to D4 is gaining steam.  USF is in the middle of these conversations.  At the same time, USF is almost certainly talking to the B1G, B12 and ACC at some level or another.  

This is kind of an interesting time, as it appears that the big boys are driving two simultaneous efforts.  While they are getting D4 off the ground, they also appear to be pushing to add teams at least to the B12, and maybe pushing the ACC to add teams also.  Maybe that is to keep another conference from becoming D4 eligible, I don't know.  In any case, it is in the best interest of USF to keep pushing on all fronts.  For example, the "threat" of USF and a few other teams building a D4 conference may be enough to get at least some of those teams invited to a P5 conference.

Fun times.
Edited by ContrarianBull

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

At work so can't copy paste twitter, but I'll type it in.

@MHver3 via Twitter: Might USF be considering an on or near campus stadium? Word today is that B12 not wanting schools w/o a dedicated stadium.

@MHver3 via Twitter: That appears to be USF's biggest hurdle if we go to 14

Disclaimer: If you guys don't know MHver3, he claims to be a WVU/B12 insider. I think he got the Maryland to B10 right months before it happened. But like all rumors, who knows how true this is, but I love these rumors even if it gives me false hope. At least we are being talked about

@MHver3 via Twitter: Might USF be considering an on or near campus stadium? Word today is that B12 not wanting schools w/o a dedicated stadium.

@MHver3 via Twitter: That appears to be USF's biggest hurdle if we go to 14

image.png

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Irrelevant, an OCS doesn't matter.  :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Irrelevant, an OCS doesn't matter.  :rolleyes:

We don't know that it doesn't, but we could have the opinion that it shouldn't. This is now an outside presence talking about a USF OCS. Just got a kick out of it because fans think about it enough already. Now an outside source mentions it.

• Topic Count:  422
  • Content Count:  9,786
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe they take UCF instead.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

Tweets like that really make me think we are getting trolled. I can't think of 1 reason why an OCS would matter to a conference. But a troll who looks at this message board sees it as something that USF identify as the next thing needed.

• Upvote 1