Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So let me get this straight, Big 12 takes Cincy and BYU and B1G is like, "...oh no you didn't! We'll take USF. What's up now, bitches?!?"

Where's that tweet!?!?! Lmao

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

So let me get this straight, Big 12 takes Cincy and BYU and B1G is like, "...oh no you didn't! We'll take USF. What's up now, bitches?!?"

Look, the Big 10 is far fetched as a conference home, but .... given current tv contracts, we bring more to the Big 10 than we do to the Big 12.

Why? Because the Big 10 gets a higher rate per subscriber for the Big 10 network in states where there are member schools, Florida is the 4th most populated state in the US. So, adding any Florida school will brings tons of money into the Big 10, even if people aren't USF fans, or even watching the BIG10 Network, it doesn't matter.

Now, Am I saying we are going there, no ..... but if this is just a chase for money, the Big 10 should pick up a Florida school, and we would certainly say yes if the schools ahead of us on the pecking order say no.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Look, the Big 10 is far fetched as a conference home, but .... given current tv contracts, we bring more to the Big 10 than we do to the Big 12.

Why? Because the Big 10 gets a higher rate per subscriber for the Big 10 network in states where there are member schools, Florida is the 4th most populated state in the US. So, adding any Florida school will brings tons of money into the Big 10, even if people aren't USF fans, or even watching the BIG10 Network, it doesn't matter.

Now, Am I saying we are going there, no ..... but if this is just a chase for money, the Big 10 should pick up a Florida school, and we would certainly say yes if the schools ahead of us on the pecking order say no.

Actually well stated, USF makes people in Tampa and Orlando to pay for a network station in B1G. A lot of B1G transplants there.

Big12 is not network based.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Isn't there some research membership that B1G schools have to be apart of? I thought they were pretty strict on that, even when blinded by TV $$.

I really think the DIV4 is going to be the next big thing, and there will be a shake up across all the conferences of those willing/able to go to the next level. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Can't let this die :)

@CTMike78: @RMoore1999 On the B1G’s radar and being vetted. Potentially 13/14 with USF if B12 takes Cinci and BYU.

UConn fans hearing word we are 13/14....

I hate to burst CTMike's bubble, but spots 13 and 14 in the B1G are already taken.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Isn't there some research membership that B1G schools have to be apart of? I thought they were pretty strict on that, even when blinded by TV $$.

I really think the DIV4 is going to be the next big thing, and there will be a shake up across all the conferences of those willing/able to go to the next level.

AAU and we aren't very close to becoming a member (and please, if you're going to bring Nebraska into this, read up on the situation before you just say "Nebraska isn't an AAU member).

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Can't let this die :)

@CTMike78: @RMoore1999 On the B1G’s radar and being vetted. Potentially 13/14 with USF if B12 takes Cinci and BYU.

UConn fans hearing word we are 13/14....

I hate to burst CTMike's bubble, but spots 13 and 14 in the B1G are already taken.

BHaaaaahhhh!!!! MaryLamb and Buttgers! Boom

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Its us and Cinci to B12....Byu will get a Pac/Mw invite...im pretty sure based on the evolving landscape. Plus i want to win my bet with Slick haha

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I would love to see USF in Big 10 since I live here in Michigan but I just don't see it. Would love to be wrong here.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

I would love to see USF in Big 10 since I live here in Michigan but I just don't see it. Would love to be wrong here.

USF ever getting into the B1G would be the greatest thing in the history of the universe. Won't happen in our lifetimes however.