Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  0

How dumb were we to sign a deal with the AAC with "huge exit fees". Literally no one wants to be in this conference and all of the new schools added were basically AI generated schools. Completely interchangeable with anyone else available at the time and with zero added value. 

We should have left when the big 12 expansion happened and gone independent. We shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Edited by DontPushMe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,761
  • Content Count:  17,694
  • Days Won:  13

32 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

How dumb were we to sign a deal with the AAC with "huge exit fees". Literally no one wants to be in this conference and all of the new schools added were basically AI generated schools. Completely interchangeable with anyone else available at the time and with zero added value. 

We should have left when the big 12 expansion happened and gone independent. We shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

same guy that signs coaches to extensions without making the coaches increase their buyout made that decision. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,795
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, BurghBulltoo said:

Good readout

If both of us posted that video that's +2 recommendations.  🤣

1 hour ago, MMW said:

I also have some difficulty giving a **** about teams on the west coast.

I will say that they are great travel destinations if you like outdoors.  I would like to travel to all of these places every few years and see some mountains and epic stuff.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,263
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I will say that they are great travel destinations if you like outdoors.  I would like to travel to all of these places every few years and see some mountains and epic stuff.

No doubt!  I have been to many and they are great destinations.  In fact, the last thing I would do is go to a USF game if I was on vacation in some of these locations.  (I can do that back in Tampa)

1 minute ago, MMW said:

No doubt!  I have been to many and they are great destinations.  In fact, the last thing I would do is go to a USF game if I was on vacation in some of these locations.  (I can do that back in Tampa)

Fair enough, but I have used USF as an excuse to see most of the country :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  699
  • Content Count:  7,902
  • Days Won:  6

The AAC backfill was simply a revenue grab directed by ESPN to take the largest media markets available, not the most attractive, competitive teams.  That's why we selected Dallas, Houston, Charlotte, and Miami-Palm Beach.  The only 2 that made sense at the time are UAB and UTSA.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, BULLSHTR said:

We certainly don't need to be making 2-for-1 deals just to schedule juggernauts that crush us. Let's schedule more 1-for-1s with other programs at our level. Alabama is a level above. If Alabame will do a 1-for-1, then okay, schedule them.. But they will not do that. I'd like to see more OOC games against teams like Pitt, Louisville, WVU, UNC, etc. Basically, let's try and schedule ACC games, since that's the conference we want to be in. Even if we did beat Alabama, it doesn't increase our odds of joining the SEC, so i'm not sure what the point is exactly.

It's a fair point, though Miami is of course an ACC school in our state. Until this year, Miami's been a good, but not elite, football program for many years. When we put it on the schedule years ago, who knew Cam Ward would transfer to Miami and make an immediate impact?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

You are correct, but if you look at the AAC we have ECU, Charlotte, FAU, Temple, Army and Navy as true east coast teams.  All the rest are  in the middle of the country.  

FIFY

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,857
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

It's a fair point, though Miami is of course an ACC school in our state. Until this year, Miami's been a good, but not elite, football program for many years. When we put it on the schedule years ago, who knew Cam Ward would transfer to Miami and make an immediate impact?

I'm okay with continuing to schedule Miami, as long as we don't do 2-for-1s with them.

• Like 1