Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,803
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

i mean theyre 6-1 against us.

if they blow every year except now wtf does that say about us?? 🫠

this game is full of guys that played with & against eachother since high school, middle school, pop warner. Miami is going to be competitive with us even on years theyre ass. & even on years theyre ass they will still have more 5 & 4 star talent at every position than we do. thats the difference between the ACC & AAC.

USF is still a team with maybe 2 or 3 skill guys on each side of the ball that would crack a solid P4 roster. 

it really takes all the stars to align for a G5 Florida school to beat one of the Big 3. the fact that we’ve done it twice is amazing, but both of those wins came as member of the Big East when the gap wasnt quite as wide.

It’s honestly not an ACC thing, it’s a Miami, FSU, and Florida thing.

Looking at history of national championship winners for the last 50 years it’s very top heavy with all of the championships being won by onky a few teams, and Miami, FSU and Florida are among the tiny concentration of repeat title winners that account for most of the titles. These are the programs that are recruiting top 10 every year no matter what their records are.

Even though Miami can’t muster an ACC conference title they still inexplicably pull in top 10 recruiting class year after year. Miami is just a hot program for recruits. It’s not the ACC. 

We blow out Syracuse 45-0 in a bowl game. 

We should have no problems matching the average P4 team in recruiting like we did in the BigEast. 

But even if you put USF in the p4, we will have a hard time pulling in the recruiting classes needed to compete for national championships just like most of the P4 does. 

I think we can be competitive at a top 25 level in p4 conference but we’d still be second fiddle to FSU, Miami, and IF. They are the true top tier of college football if you look at history and their ability to recruit top talent year after year for decades. 

14 teams have multiple national titles since 1975. That’s 50 years. 

Alabama has 9 of those 50.

Miami has 5.

Everyone else has 2-3. 
Georgia, Ohio state, Clemson, LSU, FSU, Florida, Oklahoma, USC, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Michigan, SMU.

But these 14 teams are like 80% of the recent championships. Very close to 20% of p4 teams winning 80% of the titles. 

The last 50 years of winning football is concentrated among a small percentage of teams. 

Thinking just moving to the p4 is going to elevate us to the level of Miami or Alabama is silly. Most of the p4 isn’t at their level either.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Days Won:  10

if we don't get the PAC call up I hope they invite Rice, Charlotte, North Texas, and Tulsa. Those teams bring nothing to the AAC, and losing them would be addition by subtraction

It was a smart move for the PAC to not just merge with the Mountain West since who wants to play Wyoming and Utah State. Its something i like about the Pac conference; there will be no weak programs. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

who wants to play Wyoming and Utah State. 

Utah State is also rumored to be a target of the new PAC#. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Utah State is also rumored to be a target of the new PAC#. 

Yea i saw that to along with UNLV, but regarding Utah State it was in the context if everything else false apart and the AAC teams decide to stay put and the Pac stays West Coast

WWW.KSL.COM

The Aggies could be on the move, and not just traveling back from Philadelphia after Saturday afternoon's college football game at Temple.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,812
  • Days Won:  30

49 minutes ago, Gismo said:

It’s honestly not an ACC thing, it’s a Miami, FSU, and Florida thing.

Looking at history of national championship winners for the last 50 years it’s very top heavy with all of the championships being won by onky a few teams, and Miami, FSU and Florida are among the tiny concentration of repeat title winners that account for most of the titles. These are the programs that are recruiting top 10 every year no matter what their records are.

Even though Miami can’t muster an ACC conference title they still inexplicably pull in top 10 recruiting class year after year. Miami is just a hot program for recruits. It’s not the ACC. 

We blow out Syracuse 45-0 in a bowl game. 

We should have no problems matching the average P4 team in recruiting like we did in the BigEast. 

But even if you put USF in the p4, we will have a hard time pulling in the recruiting classes needed to compete for national championships just like most of the P4 does. 

I think we can be competitive at a top 25 level in p4 conference but we’d still be second fiddle to FSU, Miami, and IF. They are the true top tier of college football if you look at history and their ability to recruit top talent year after year for decades. 

14 teams have multiple national titles since 1975. That’s 50 years. 

Alabama has 9 of those 50.

Miami has 5.

Everyone else has 2-3. 
Georgia, Ohio state, Clemson, LSU, FSU, Florida, Oklahoma, USC, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Michigan, SMU.

But these 14 teams are like 80% of the recent championships. Very close to 20% of p4 teams winning 80% of the titles. 

The last 50 years of winning football is concentrated among a small percentage of teams. 

Thinking just moving to the p4 is going to elevate us to the level of Miami or Alabama is silly. Most of the p4 isn’t at their level either.

There is a lot of truth to your statement. The other issue is that our previous president decided to neglect athletics and fire a coach that could beat the blue bloods. We will never know the truth about what happened between Leavitt and the former college athlete. Coaches have done much worse and have statues erected in their name on campus. The biggest issue is we keep shooting ourselves in the football at every opportunity we get. We could have earned a B12 invite if Charlie Strong didn't decide to punt to Trequan Smith or whatever his name is with a lead multiple times. Taggart had no idea how to manage a team at USF or coach, but he did recruit very good. TJ Weist came along, creating the Gulf Coast offense and making Taggart a rich man. Golesh hasn't had three years to recruit and purge the lower-rated players out of the program. USF has a lot of transfers that their previous power teams were not sad to see leave for various reasons. We can embrace the underdog and learn to bite back or roll over and take our beatings. At some point, the desire to compete and win has to come from within the players. We could use the Miami and Bama beatdowns to see what it takes to be a champion, or we can continue to do what USF has done best since 2011 and lose more games than it wins. I expect at least nine wins this year. WE have significantly fewer players  going to the nfl post-Leavitt and significantly more losses. There is a correlation between the talent at USF under Leavitt and the lack of talent at USF post-Leavitt. Is Golesh the guy to turn this around? I hope so, but we need to put up or shut up. At this point the only way to fix the curse is to bring Leavitt back in any capacity. Judy is gone and won her battle with him at the expense of the football program. The 14,000 plus students that claimed tickets probably wont be back for Memphis.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1