Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Days Won:  13

38 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So they’ll pay our exit fee if we leave the AAC?

Who knows?  They might pay part of it... and USF could also forego it's share of the remaining fees from UCF, Cincy, and Houston (which are paying $1M per year for quite a few more years)

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,472
  • Days Won:  14

Joining the PAC means a gamble on: 

1. FSU staying stuck in the ACC - AND - 
2. The TV deal being worth it

We have in the AAC:

1. Good TV exposure
2. Good destinations for fans
3. Reasonable travel for athletes
4. A very good path to the playoffs, with our OOC SOS (next year: @ UF, @ UM, Boise State, FCS - 12-0 and we are in the CFP)

I'll say it again - in business you don't overreact to your competition's last move. You stick with your long term strategy. 

Vote AAC this November. Er, weekend. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,307
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

Joining the PAC means a gamble on: 

1. FSU staying stuck in the ACC - AND - 
2. The TV deal being worth it

We have in the AAC:

1. Good TV exposure
2. Good destinations for fans
3. Reasonable travel for athletes
4. A very good path to the playoffs, with our OOC SOS (next year: @ UF, @ UM, Boise State, FCS - 12-0 and we are in the CFP)

I'll say it again - in business you don't overreact to your competition's last move. You stick with your long term strategy. 

Vote AAC this November. Er, weekend. 

They better have a deal pretty much done to turn down the PAC. We cannot turn down a “sure thing” for a maybe. We don’t want to get stuck playing FIU, App State, ECU, Temple, etc. for years. 

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  5

USF has expressed a strong willingness to stay in the AAC, given their ongoing discussions with ACC and Big 10

Keep seeing this about the B1G.  Is it legit?  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,472
  • Days Won:  14

17 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

They better have a deal pretty much done to turn down the PAC. We cannot turn down a “sure thing” for a maybe. We don’t want to get stuck playing FIU, App State, ECU, Temple, etc. for years. 

What "sure thing" does the PAC offer? 

Yes the brands are slightly better. That's literally it. The TV contract doesn't exist and is pure speculation. The travel schedule sucks. And if FSU actually does leave sooner than 2030, we are stuck in a west coast conference - so that is speculating that FSU stays. 

Not trying to be rude or attempt to change anyone's mind (that does not work) but I think it's worth noting... the TV deal could very well suck, the team exhausted from travel, and all your east coast alumni have lost their road trips... all for CSU and Fresno State. I worry about gambling an AAC/B1G invite for that. 

Edited by hm101

Just now, hm101 said:

What "sure thing" does the PAC offer? 

Yes the brands are slightly better. That's literally it. The TV contract doesn't exist and is pure speculation. The travel schedule sucks. And if FSU actually does leave sooner than 2030, we are stuck in a west coast conference - so you're speculating that FSU stays. 

Not trying to be rude or attempt to change anyone's mind (that does not work) but I think it's worth noting... the TV deal could very well suck, the team exhausted from travel, and all your east coast alumni have lost their road trips... all for CSU and Fresno State. I worry about gambling an AAC/B1G invite for that. 

Our tv deal in the AAC would almost certainly be worse if we were to get stuck here. The teams in the PAC would be better than what we’d have especially if we have to replace Tulane and Memphis. Who could we bring in that would be an equal?

Hopefully we can get into the AAC or Big 10 but if we don’t the next few years could be really rough. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  612
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

USF has expressed a strong willingness to stay in the AAC, given their ongoing discussions with ACC and Big 10

Keep seeing this about the B1G.  Is it legit?  

I think the FSU fan eating that cup of dog **** is more likely. 

But there’s a chorus on X that posts that nonsense daily, giving it life.

Edited by 00Bull
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

This sells me on the fat there are some big things on the horizon for USF. Even if FSU/Clemson leave the ACC, I feel joining that conference is much better than the PAC12. 

I didnt realize that USF has played 24 games vs current ACC opponents (didn't count any previous games vs UL or Cuse before they were in ACC). Which conference would you rather be a part of?

PAC 12                                                                                          ACC

Washington St                                                                            Miami

Oregon St                                                                                 NC State

Boise St                                                                                        UNC

Fresno St                                                                              Wake Forest

San Diego St                                                                            Louisville

Colorado St                                                                             Syracuse

Memphis                                                                                     Cal

Tulane                                                                                     Stanford

UTSA (maybe)                                                                         Ga Tech

???                                                                                               PITT

SMU

Virginia

I think most of us would prefer the ACC over the PAC…we just don’t know if the ACC really wants us. If FSU and Clemson stay I don’t see the ACC adding us. 3 schools in the same state. The travel for teams and fans is much better in the ACC. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  612
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think most of us would prefer the ACC over the PAC…we just don’t know if the ACC really wants us. If FSU and Clemson stay I don’t see the ACC adding us. 3 schools in the same state. The travel for teams and fans is much better in the ACC. 

Folks on this board used to say FSU and Miami would have to leave because Miami would block our entrance if FSU did leave. If that’s true there are 2 roadblocks.