Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,318
  • Days Won:  56

If we end up in this silly PAC-whatever, it just reconfirms what complete nonsense college athletics and conference realignment has become.

How do two programs as non-descript as Washington State and Oregon State warrant this? Just because they own the three letters PAC? Why didn’t the Mountain West just add them and be done with it?

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

Is USF to the PAC-Whatever a real thing? I don't see how joining that conference is much better than where we are now. At least we can hold out for an ACC or B1G invite in the AAC.  

Plus, the travel to the PAC-Whatever would be horrid. 

At our own peril. No one knows when or if those invites are coming and every year we twiddle our thumbs hoping for the phone to ring is another year of falling further behind our competition as they take in more money (based on reports) and get more exposure.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If we end up in this silly PAC-whatever, it just reconfirms what complete nonsense college athletics and conference realignment has become.

How do two programs as non-descript as Washington State and Oregon State warrant this? Just because they own the three letters PAC? Why didn’t the Mountain West just add them and be done with it?

Blow the whole thing up and start over again. This ain’t it.

We apparently are in the money grab stage of our societal and economic collapse where everything is for sale to the highest bidder.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  851
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Well here's the thing it's not so much those 2 schools it's more about what they have. OSU and WSU were left holding on to the keys to a now vacant pac 12 conference where essentially the best of the rest can be hand plucked to join. Every handful of years Cusa, AAC, SBC, etc. have standout programs that end up moving up to a better conference to make more money. The hope is that this reloaded conference can garner enough interest to get a decent media deal worth the move.

In other words, now is an unbelievable opportunity to build a new conference with the best of the rest and trim the fat and rid yourself of programs that remain stagnant.

Again the media deal would need to be great to be worth the effort.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

11 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Blow the whole thing up and start over again. This ain’t it.

We apparently are in the money grab stage of our societal and economic collapse where everything is for sale to the highest bidder.

Only with this they can't just raise the retirement age after all the pigs pig out.

3 minutes ago, M50_BULL said:

Well here's the thing it's not so much those 2 schools it's more about what they have. OSU and WSU were left holding on to the keys to a now vacant pac 12 conference where essentially the best of the rest can be hand plucked to join. Every handful of years Cusa, AAC, SBC, etc. have standout programs that end up moving up to a better conference to make more money. The hope is that this reloaded conference can garner enough interest to get a decent media deal worth the move.

In other words, now is an unbelievable opportunity to build a new conference with the best of the rest and trim the fat and rid yourself of programs that remain stagnant.

Again the media deal would need to be great to be worth the effort.

I understand what’s happening from a financial standpoint. But the fans are always the ones who lose. We could be in a conference with Fresno State, Boise State, etc.? Ridiculous by any measure.

I know this won’t land well with some but I saw an X post today from a UCF fan bemoaning the loss of the War on I4. Rivalries matter. 

I wonder exactly how much money we’ve made since the breakup of the Big East by sitting put and collecting our share of exit and entry fees from teams?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

2 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I know this won’t land well with some but I saw an X post today from a UCF fan bemoaning the loss of the War on I4. Rivalries matter. 

They have the Khaos in Kansas now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I wonder exactly how much money we’ve made since the breakup of the Big East by sitting put and collecting exit and entry fees from teams?

Yeah do we have a war chest we can sacrifice to the elden Big 10 lords?