Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Well not necessarily. Remember the ACC can make a play to get Utah in since they didn’t sign a GOR with big 12. However after that i believe USF is right there with UConn. Hearing Tulane is having facilities issues now so that may set a them back 

Utah did sign the grant of rights with the B12.  They had a temporary out for a year so if the B10 came knocking they could leave, but once this season started they are on the GOR subject to the payment to get out.  So Utah would have to pay to leave the B12 like any other team 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,879
  • Days Won:  6

I know just rumors, but that's this thread.  They are pretty confident on Ye Olde Green Wave, one post...

Re: Pac 12 Realignment

Unread post by speckled trout » Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 am

Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire

Rumors that the board meeting went well, Tulane receptive to making the move.

Nothing is done until it’s done, but it looks promising that we could get some good news soon

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,763
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, Gismo said:

PAC-12 delusion is why all of their members ended up having to face the music and leave. 

Looks like they’re still delusional about their worth. 

I really hope Memphis, Tulane, USF hold out in the AAC, until one or more gets invites to a conference with much more funding (SEC, Big10, ACC, Big12). 

Going to the PAC is just a lateral, arguably a backwards move but now with insane travel expenses and horrible game times accross 3 time zones. 

If one of us does leave, then it kind of changes the AAC competitiveness, but until then, stick together and make sure the AAC is better than the PAC. 

This is where I am on this. I doubt Memphis or Tulane leave (based on what we know right now), but even if they do, USF just needs to stick to the plan and avoid the new shiny object (PAC). If competition in the AAC takes a nosedive (I think we need to beat UAB and FAU before we complain too much), then maybe we can finally string together a few conference championships. That along with continuing to schedule aggressively OOC, plus all of the other pluses already discussed ad nauseum (new IPF, OCS, NIL funding, market size and location, recruiting advantages, alumni size, academics and AAU membership) will likely get us a call up into the ACC over either Memphis or Tulane. At least, we'll be as well positioned as possible.  

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,660
  • Days Won:  52

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Cherry on the ice cream.  

My new saying.  Book it.  

Why does she want just one cherry on the ice cream.  I put like 8 on there.

Edited by Rocky Style

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

This is where I am on this. I doubt Memphis or Tulane leave (based on what we know right now), but even if they do, USF just needs to stick to the plan and avoid the new shiny object (PAC). If competition in the AAC takes a nosedive (I think we need to beat UAB and FAU before we complain too much), then maybe we can finally string together a few conference championships. That along with continuing to schedule aggressively OOC, plus all of the other pluses already discussed ad nauseum (new IPF, OCS, NIL funding, market size and location, recruiting advantages, alumni size, academics and AAU membership) will likely get us a call up into the ACC over either Memphis or Tulane. At least, we'll be as well positioned as possible.  

This definitely what's keeping the leaders up at night.  Going PAC could be a huge mistake potentially.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I know just rumors, but that's this thread.  They are pretty confident on Ye Olde Green Wave, one post...

Re: Pac 12 Realignment

Unread post by speckled trout » Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 am

Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire

Rumors that the board meeting went well, Tulane receptive to making the move.

Nothing is done until it’s done, but it looks promising that we could get some good news soon

Nobody ever wants to address (even as a rumor) what the terms of the deal are. Because really nobody has any idea. And they just want to throw stuff out there for clicks and engagement.

I'm confident that if it makes financial and logistical sense for USF (the money is there and travel is mitigated via some kind of division break up), it'll get an invite to the PAC and join. If it doesn't, it won't. I'm really not worried about getting "Left Behind" Kirk Cameron-style because USF is arguably the best non-P4 school available; that doesn't cease to be the case because of what Memphis or Tulane do or don't do.

Boring but true.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,555
  • Days Won:  19

This season, we need to beat Memphis and Tulane. Doesn't matter if it is close. 

Clear out the rest of the conference teams on the schedule. Fans will show up this year if we keep winning. 

And if we win the conference championship; we will absolutely be at the front of every line for all G5 realignment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bear said:

This season, we need to beat Memphis and Tulane. Doesn't matter if it is close. 

Clear out the rest of the conference teams on the schedule. Fans will show up this year if we keep winning. 

And if we win the conference championship; we will absolutely be at the front of every line for all G5 realignment. 

It's possible we still lose to Tulane, Memphis, UAB, FAU.

• Crying 1

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Those programs thought "win the conference" first. Every one of them achieved that.  Every one of those programs (except maybe Houston) showed up at conference games in a big way.  Be the best of where you are.  That's what got them attention.  Not beating P4 teams, not thumping their chests about SOS. That is where we need to focus.  I sometimes think that some of you guys still live in the 1990s or early 2000s.  SOS was and is a scam dedicated to promoting the P4 conferences.  And I hate to bring it up but our recent record in those games in the last 10 years has not been good.  We need to move to whatever is the next best conference.  If that is the PAC for the moment so be it.  And we need to dominate that conference, and as fans we need to get excited for all games, even Tulsa or Rice or SDSU if that is next, not just the Miami and Bama games.  That is the way.  Markets are dead, academics matter very little, facilities matter very little.  Brand, Program ID, fanbase support and winning championships. usf needs to embrace wherever they are at the moment and run with it.  Not send out tweets to the AAC X account saying "you don't represent us". Who thinks that is productive? 

I don't think I've seen a single post in these almost 4500 pages that I agree with more completely than this. Top to bottom.

Edited by LeavittAlone