Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,776
  • Days Won:  3

Has anyone noticed that it seems like some posts are duplicated? Or am I just scrolling through the same page twice?

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,058
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

You are using a strawman argument here. The fact of the matter is that the best programs from the AAC have all moved on. If Memphis and Tulane were to leave as well the new PAC isn't the MWC 2.0. If you want to disparage it to make yourself feel better if USF gets left behind, have at it. Taking the top teams from two leagues does not leave the remnants in a better position. There is no amount of rationalizing or mental gymnastics that changes that fact. I will say that losing Tulane, Memphis, and UTSA won't be as painful as losing SMU, Houston, Cincy, UCF, and UCONN, but it would still put USF in a worse position than we currently are, which seems to be the only constant in all of this conference realignment. 

I can agree with that. However I’m just confident that USF is not going to get left out this time around. This is a much better era in USF athletics these past few years than in previous years past. The combination of Prez Rhea, WW, MK pretty much have been ahead of the game imo. Look at the NIL set up and tell me that USF is not positioned themselves for being part of the power schools. It is time to have faith in USF and that is we don’t have to follow Memphis or Tulane. If anything they will be following us imo 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Days Won:  37

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Has anyone noticed that it seems like some posts are duplicated? Or am I just scrolling through the same page twice?

I have noticed this

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

4 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

are you saying trip is padding the page count? :stirpot:

i've thought i was just going nuts thinking the same thing.

Edited by 2000bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

I can agree with that. However I’m just confident that USF is not going to get left out this time around. This is a much better era in USF athletics these past few years than in previous years past. The combination of Prez Rhea, WW, MK pretty much have been ahead of the game imo. Look at the NIL set up and tell me that USF is not positioned themselves for being part of the power schools. It is time to have faith in USF and that is we don’t have to follow Memphis or Tulane. If anything they will be following us imo 

If we all walk I don't care who is out the door first, just that we aren't the ones closing the door and cleaning up the mess that would be left of the AAC. I am all for USF improving our position. I believe that the leadership has tried their best the last 3 years to put USF into a better position. However, until our position actually improves, I will continue to be skeptical. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,776
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

If we all walk I don't care who is out the door first, just that we aren't the ones closing the door and cleaning up the mess that would be left of the AAC. I am all for USF improving our position. I believe that the leadership has tried their best the last 3 years to put USF into a better position. However, until our position actually improves, I will continue to be skeptical. 

playing episode 12 GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,648
  • Days Won:  52

5 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Nah Puc is just on loop.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,648
  • Days Won:  52

49 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Think sometimes we get caught up in the Power conference talk but In reality USF is doing what it takes to stay afloat to be on the right side up the upcoming changes to the college football landscape 

IMG_7356.png

This is what I said many pages back. The whole sport is probably going to fracture.  Not sure how they will work out the new contracts and kick out the Marylands of the world, but I am sure we are in these think tanks.  And no we would not be blabbing about it in public. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,058
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

That is fair and yes i agree that I don’t want to see USF being left out once again but I’m hoping for something with more power. Maybe the PAC & AAC will merge as I believe ESPN has an option in 2026 to update the tv deal for AAC. Would make sense to get the PAC on board to potentially increase the tv deal imo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587

48 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

That is fair and yes i agree that I don’t want to see USF being left out once again but I’m hoping for something with more power. Maybe the PAC & AAC will merge as I believe ESPN has an option in 2026 to update the tv deal for AAC. Would make sense to get the PAC on board to potentially increase the tv deal imo

If the PAC takes Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, and/or USF there would be no benefit to them merging with the AAC whatsoever.