Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,142
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

In the AAC we are already travelling to Tulsa, North Texas, and UTSA. At least  in men's basketball playing San Diego State and  Colorado State would help our sos.

Can always play a few games on a neutral court, or combine games when going out West.  Its something we are already doing.

Olympic sports are important but football and men's basketball are king. 

Joining the Pac makes them the closest conference mates, not the furthest.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,053
  • Days Won:  45

Many of you are short changing USF thinking that we need to follow Memphis or something. No, USF does not need to follow Memphis. USF just needs to continue doing what they have been doing during the past few years. Things have been improving and I’m sorry that some of you haters can’t see it….

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Joining the Pac makes them the closest conference mates, not the furthest.

Yes, but if you are already flying and in the air how much longer are we talking about, perhaps an hour? Plus you will have Memphis and Tulane in the conference as well

Also we don't get anything out of playing and travelling to Tulsa and North Texas.  But you go on the road and beat Boise state and San Diego State at their place and you more than likely have a quality win that brings up your sos in both football and men's basketball. North Texas and Tulsa are a drag on us. Not to mention Rice and Charlotte who are dragging us down as well

In the PAC we no longer would have to play those teams, and every team would be an improvement compared to 80 percent of the AAC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,142
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, belgianbull said:

Yes, but if you are already flying and in the air how much longer are we talking about, perhaps an hour? Plus you will have Memphis and Tulane in the conference as well

Also we don't get anything out of playing and travelling to Tulsa and North Texas.  But you go on the road and beat Boise state and San Diego State at their place and you more than likely have a quality win that brings up your sos in both football and men's basketball. North Texas and Tulsa are a drag on us. Not to mention Rice and Charlotte who are dragging us down as well

In the PAC we no longer would have to play those teams, and every team would be an improvement compared to 80 percent of the AAC

Maybe an hour or so BUT then you increase the time zone changes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Many of you are short changing USF thinking that we need to follow Memphis or something. No, USF does not need to follow Memphis. USF just needs to continue doing what they have been doing during the past few years. Things have been improving and I’m sorry that some of you haters can’t see it….

There you go again calling  people that disagree with you haters.

If Memphis goes, Tulane goes as well. Our chances of going to the playoffs would become virtually null in the AAC. 

Again: AAC would be USF, ECU, Army, Navy, Temple, Charlotte, North Texas, Rice, FAU, UAB

The PAC would be Memphis, Tulane, OSU, WSU, Fresno State, Boise State, UTSA, Colorado State, and San Diego State

Which conference champion is likely to go to the playoffs, or have multiple NCAAT teams?

6 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

There you go again calling  people that disagree with you haters.

If Memphis goes, Tulane goes as well. Our chances of going to the playoffs would become virtually null in the AAC. 

Again: AAC would be USF, ECU, Army, Navy, Temple, Charlotte, North Texas, Rice, FAU, UAB

The PAC would be Memphis, Tulane, OSU, WSU, Fresno State, Boise State, UTSA, Colorado State, and San Diego State

Which conference champion is likely to go to the playoffs, or have multiple NCAAT teams?

How can you assume that the AAC is not going to add more teams? You are assuming that Memphis & Tulane are leaving for less money & tv exposure. They are trying to follow USF to the ACC not the other way around. For once you got to stop being a hater and give USF some credit for what they have been doing the past few years. They had to clean up a serious dumpster fire and now are one of the top candidates for a power conference. But you want USF to piss all that away and sign a GOR deal with the MWC 2.0? Do me a favor and research who was the best G5 conference over the past 10 years? The answer is AAC. 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

How can you assume that the AAC is not going to add more teams? You are assuming that Memphis & Tulane are leaving for less money & tv exposure. They are trying to follow USF to the ACC not the other way around. For once you got to stop being a hater and give USF some credit for what they have been doing the past few years. They had to clean up a serious dumpster fire and now are one of the top candidates for a power conference. But you want USF to piss all that away and sign a GOR deal with the MWC 2.0? Do me a favor and research who was the best G5 conference over the past 10 years? The answer is AAC. 

If I am an hater than you are an ostrich with your head in the sand. 

Saying that USF would be better off in The PAC is not hating on USF or Kelly. Criticizing the AAC is not the same as criticizing USF

i think I probably need break from this board since I hate people making assumptions about me. I have nothing but love for USF, and wish nothing but the best for USF. I just happen to believe that the PAC would be great for us.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Saying that USF would be better off in The PAC is not hating on USF or Kelly. Criticizing the AAC is not the same as criticizing USF

i think I probably need break from this board since I hate people making assumptions about me. I have nothing but love for USF, and wish nothing but the best for USF. I just happen to believe that the PAC would be great for us.

Hey man. Hope you know that I’m just having some fun. Try not to let name calling upset you too much. Ain’t nothing wrong with being called a hater just kidding. But seriously I know you want what is best with USF.  And no you are not a hater. Puc may be a hater but I’m sure he wears that as a badge of honor. Just have some faith that USF is going to be fine. If these past few years has not shown you progress then I don’t know what to say about your outlook but that is not what is important. The important thing is seeing USF beat Miami this weekend!! Go Bulls! And please don’t take my posts too seriously. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

They will certainly bring in more teams…the ones that have been too undesirable up until now to bring in. That means the conference is getting worse not maintaining. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,219
  • Days Won:  68

40 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

You can use the block function for the intellectually lazy, it works wonders.