Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,053
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I drew a line in the sand that this is the last time I’m going to care enough about getting left behind just before this, like I think the day before. As I stated I hope to be eating crow about how great of a job Mike Kelly did for the rest of our natural lives but when he inevitably fails (because that’s who he is) no one will be hearing a single I told you so from me. The aac is not fun for me and I’m not going to go from a jaded fan that I at least to find funny to a full on bitter and angry one (which I’m sure I’m straddling the line of). If people want to pretend garbage is great, sucky people are awesome and everything is going to change in 5 years I can’t begrudge them of that but I also can’t pretend along with them.

So are you saying you would be happy if USF was invited to the PAC? I’m just trying to see what would make you satisfied at this point as it sounds like you are just never going to be satisfied imo

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,584
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah but didn’t USF use a search firm for those bad hires? It wasn’t until MK was allowed to exclude the search firms for the home run hires. Remember we must not forget those details. 

You didn't think it was those awesome ACC connections giving him the jump on a sure fire homerun that they could not imagine losing? 

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,053
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, puc86 said:

You didn't think it was those awesome ACC connections giving him the jump on a sure fire homerun that they could not imagine losing? 

No. Go back and dig up the info from when that hire took place. You will see the search firm had a lot to do with it.  

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

So are you saying you would be happy if USF was invited to the PAC? I’m just trying to see what would make you satisfied at this point as it sounds like you are just never going to be satisfied imo

I would not say I would be satisfied, most people enjoy continuously improving but I will be happy that for one we have started to go the right direction. No one is getting better positioned by staying in the same place, while their best people are leaving regularly and they are replacing them with worse people. They AAC has sucked since we got here and it has only amazingly continued to get worse, we have become institutionalized. Like many down on their luck east coasters from years past it maybe time to head west young man. We need to do something different and we cannot whither on this vine forever. VPMK is fine with pushing it to 5 more years because he does not look like someone that is going to be the VP of athletics in 5 years. He will be retired long before then, his plans should be immediate if he ever has a hope of carrying them out and his only five year plan should be to try not to die. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Actually I have been sticking with my prediction that USF gets to the ACC after  FSU leaves. Never did I predict that USF would be invited before. I’m sticking with that as long as MK is still at USF: 

Point being realignment was indeed considered something MK would be uniquely positioned to navigate as AD; that is, it was and is his responsibility. And in the time period he’s served it was his most important one. 

25 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

No. Go back and dig up the info from when that hire took place. You will see the search firm had a lot to do with it.  

Did this change?

IMG_8170.jpeg

Edited by 00Bull
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Point being realignment was indeed considered something MK would be uniquely positioned to navigate as AD; that is, it was and is his responsibility. And in the time period he’s served it was his most important one. 

But don't worry because he is just saving his energy for what he sees as the real realignment in the distant future and he will almost get us there if we just keep paying him to be a bystander just a little longer. The guy really has seemed to have his finger on the pulse thus far, we really should trust him that his plan takes 11 years and endless wrong directions and nonsense that will eventually reveal its mean once he departs. 

2 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Did this change?

IMG_8170.png

Yes it went from something you thought you wanted to own to something anyone would want to distance themselves from as far as possible, surely it must have been the firm that told him to extend the guy though... right?

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes it went from something you thought you wanted to own to something anyone would want to distance themselves from as far as possible, surely it must have been the firm that told him to extend the guy though... right?

Even better…

IMG_8171.jpeg

Edited by 00Bull
  • Haha 1

Just now, 00Bull said:

Even better there was this…

IMG_8171.jpeg

It was all part of the master plan to get us to this special place where we get to wait a little longer, you would think Clemson would try to do us a solid for taking their trash but alas we can't even get a little reciprocity.