Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,584
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, belgianbull said:

I think that's unfair. Everyone on this board hopes that Kelly is successful. 

I mean in all fairness it’s probably my second choice now behind just being gone so that someone else can be successful. If I had any faith in him whatsoever it would be my first choice but every year just demonstrates people can only talk about his hope of success but that never actually comes and there is no reason to believe it ever will. An endless stream of 5 year plans and development projects that only result in a ballooned debt service and a new crowd of people everyone has to Google, again.

2 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

You sure? 

Not 💯 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

You sure? 

yes.

I criticize Kelly when he deserves to be criticized ( in my opinion) and have given him credit for the things he is doing well including hiring Golesh and Rahim and building the OCS.

In the end every person on this board wants USF to be in the best conference possible, and win majorly in football and basketball, and other sports as well.

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,052
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think that's unfair. Everyone on this board hopes that Kelly is successful. 

It is not unfair if you actually knew what MK’s job responsibilities are you would understand that your conference take is terrible to use against him. Last time i checked, MK gets a bonus if he gets USF to a power conference. USF attendance is doing good and will continue to improve. Donors are increasing. Interests has increased. USF is now one of the top candidates for conference realignment. Are you all living under some rock or something,?  Seriously?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,584
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

It is not unfair if you actually knew what MK’s job responsibilities are you would understand that your conference take is terrible to use against him. Last time i checked, MK gets a bonus if he gets USF to a power conference. USF attendance is doing good and will continue to improve. Donors are increasing. Interests has increased. USF is now one of the top candidates for conference realignment. Are you all living under some rock or something,?  Seriously?

That’s like saying the captain of the titanic did a good job because they left on time, dinners were served on time, the food was to temperature and every post was manned. We are lost at sea and the only thing everyone cares about is the job of not hitting icebergs, getting safely to the new world or at least having a lifeboat for us that other people seem to be enjoying. This is a crisis no one cares about the chairs on the deck or the band playing they want to survive. He isn’t a captain he is the cruise director and if he asks who wants to play the newlywed game when we just want off this boat that’s not going to make people happier, think he is doing a good job or endear himself to anyone. In 5 years we will have drowned.

• Crying 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That’s like saying the captain of the titanic did a good job because they left on time, dinners were served on time, the food was to temperature and every post was manned. We are lost at sea and the only thing everyone cares about is the job of not hitting icebergs, getting safely to the new world or at least having a lifeboat for us that other people seem to be enjoying. This is a crisis no one cares about the chairs on the deck or the band playing they want to survive. He isn’t a captain he is the cruise director and if he asks who wants to play the newlywed game when we just want off this boat that’s not going to make people happier, think he is doing a good job or endear himself to anyone. In 5 years we will have drowned.

Can you tell us what is really going on regarding the conference realignment? I been hearing rumors that USF is tagging along with Tulane & Memphis. Not sure what you are hearing but it sounds devastating. So please enlighten us how you know the doomsday outcome….

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Your suggestion that criticizing Kelly is the equivalency of hating and hoping that he fails is in my opinion unfair. If Kelly fails USF fails. No one wants that. That's the type of dogma you find in politics or religion . Kelly is our AD, just a person, My loyalty lies with USF. No person is beyond criticism

I couldn't care less who the AD is as long as we are successful. Flavor Flave could be our Ad and if we are successfulI I would be happy

And like i said Kelly deserves credit for Golesh and Rahim and the OCS, and other things

but he deserves criticism for the additions of Charlotte, North Texas  and Rice

Time will tell if he is able to get us into another conference or not, and I will reserve judgment on that point

And in the mean time I will call a spade a spade.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

See now you are just nit picking. You must be hoping for the AD job to open up or something lol. No AD is going to give the other bulletin board material by saying Bulls by 50 lol. Sounds like you want him to fall for those gotcha questions or traps. MK is too savvy for that which is why USF is blessed to have him imo. 

Yeah. I am.

Also, true.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  272
  • Days Won:  0

Respectfully to MK- crediting him for the recent MBB and Football hires is rich as it would force one to forget all of the admonishment deserved over the preceding deplorable clown car hires that some of us conveniently have forgotten or undeserved extensions therein.

I have to say, I am more on the ‘MK needs to deliver on realignment’ as the remaining body of work is average at the very best.  I have not been overly impressed as the university and state he works in lends itself to success. I can equally understand one’s opinion that we’ve been successful in spite of him.

Edited by dclenden

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Your suggestion that criticizing Kelly is the equivalency of hating and hoping that he fails is in my opinion unfair. If Kelly fails USF fails. No one wants that. That's the type of dogma you find in politics or religion . Kelly is our AD, just a person, My loyalty lies with USF. No person is beyond criticism

I couldn't care less who the AD is as long as we are successful. Flavor Flave could be our Ad and if we are successfulI I would be happy

And like i said Kelly deserves credit for Golesh and Rahim and the OCS, and other things

but he deserves criticism for the additions of Charlotte, North Texas  and Rice

Time will tell if he is able to get us into another conference or not, and I will reserve judgment on that point

And in the mean time I will call a spade a spade.

To be fair, I don’t think you have been a big hater/critic of MK. Puc pretty much takes the cake. But you do need to understand that MK has no control over FSU leaving the ACC which would have opened up a spot for USF imo. Anyone blaming MK for conference realignment just doesn’t understand their job responsibilities. Now if the revenue sports struggle and attendance struggle that is on the AD. If the facilities get outdated that is on the AD. If the scheduling struggles then that is on the AD. If the donors go down then that is on the AD. Anyone blaming the AD on conference realignment are just hating or borderline insane imo lol

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,211
  • Days Won:  1

This week's activity numbers must be pretty good @Brad