Or when they start winning (see USF football 2024). 🙂🤘

Hell yeah! Looking forward to seeing USF improving to 3-1 after this weekend 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

26 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

The biggest (really, the only positive) payoff I see for USF pursuing a PAC membership is the media exposure. Even if there is a 5-6 year GoR, the media exposure of USF in the news might be worth it. It's not a better conference now. It wont be unless they also get Memphis/Tulane/USF, and the money and travel will be horrendous for the student athletes and alumni, and both conferences have the same access to the CFP, nobody has a "leg up" there. But, what is the value of the media including USF in a new conference? I'm not talking about TV rights/contracts, I'm talking about ESPN talking about USF. We have Boise at home on the schedule next year - is there any chance that some sort of "move" will ignite people to say "this future conference game may be cool" and we draw 50k+ to that game? If so, it MIGHT be worth it. I think there's a small chance that the Boise game will draw significantly different from what we average next year. 

If it will get more people talking about USF, then that's a huge positive. If it forces other conferences hands to give us a bit more attention than they are currently, that's obviously a point of leverage we should explore. 

Great post. I agree with 99 percent of it except that if Tulane and Memphis move to the PAC and we remain in the AAC, not only will the PAC have a leg up but it would almost be an automatic spot. Even if Memphis and Tulane stay the Pac still has a leg up on the AAC, since right now the AAC and Mountain West are at best about even, so with an OSU and WSU their chances would increase. Lets not forget that yes the AAC did for a while do better than other conferences getting to the BCS game, that was with SMU, Cincy, Houston, and UCF in the mix. Only Tulane was able to get to that BCS game; all others were accomplished by members that already left.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,477
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Great post. I agree with 99 percent of it except that if Tulane and Memphis move to the PAC and we remain in the AAC, not only will the PAC have a leg up but it would almost be an automatic spot. Even if Memphis and Tulane stay the Pac still has a leg up on the AAC, since right now the AAC and Mountain West at best are about even so with an OSU and WSU their chances would increase. Lets not forget that yes the AAC did for a while do better than other conferences getting to the BCS game, that was with SMU, Cincy, Houston, and UCF in the mix. Only Tulane was able to get to that BCS game; all others were accomplished by members that already left.

This.

With Memphis, Tulane, UTSA and USF added to the PAC it will basically be an auto bid to the playoff if you win the conference.

Also, if the ACC does collapse this new PAC will be a better conference to join than the AAC. If the PAC gets raided by the ACC then you just pull in whatever top AAC, CUSA, SBC team and continue to have the top G5 conference.

• Content Count:  5

16 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Only Tulane was able to get to that BCS game; all others were accomplished by members that already left.

Memphis did it once too

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,058
  • Days Won:  45

Memphis fan pretty much nails it regarding the AAC

IMG_7345.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  272

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

USF should be in the business of upgrading conferences not downgrading like we've been for last decade or so. If Memphis and Tulane leave we need to as well.

USF cant just sit on their hands and wait for this fictional ACC invite with who knows whos left in the conference.

Agreed. If ACC reconciliation occurs and PAC calls, we have no choice.  Suggesting to wait till the ‘next round’ is a fools game resulting in us being out recruited. Furthermore this generates additional distance between us and other schools that gets further solidified over those years generating a further relevance uphill battle over time.  If the ACC offer is dead there’s only one route (PAC) notwithstanding another conference stepping up immediately.

Edited by dclenden

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,648
  • Days Won:  52

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Memphis fan pretty much nails it regarding the AAC

IMG_7345.png

When you put it that way, okay yeah this commish is turrible let's join PAC NATION.

Also I agree with the comment about the terrible additions.  Should have gone for cool football brands over city size.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This.

With Memphis, Tulane, UTSA and USF added to the PAC it will basically be an auto bid to the playoff if you win the conference.

Also, if the ACC does collapse this new PAC will be a better conference to join than the AAC. If the PAC gets raided by the ACC then you just pull in whatever top AAC, CUSA, SBC team and continue to have the top G5 conference.

a 100 percent agree. Also I believe that when its time for the ACC to expand or find new members it will not only look to Memphis, Tulane, and USF but also at WSU,OSU, San Diego State, and Boise State. The ACC landscape changed with the additions of Cal, Stanford, and SMU. They are as likely to look West as they are East at this point. What better way to distinguish yourself in the new PAC versus being in even weakened AAC in front of tiny crowds. Also the new PAC would not have a weak bottom half like we have now with Tulsa, North Texas, Charlotte ,.. Every conference game would be against a team that over the decades has earned national respect

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Agreed. If ACC reconciliation occurs and PAC calls, we have no choice.  Suggesting to wait till the ‘next round’ is a fools game resulting in us being out recruited. Furthermore this generates additional distance between us and other schools that gets further solidified.  If the ACC offer is dead there’s only one route (PAC) notwithstanding another conference stepping up immediately.

Agreed. If ACC reconciliation occurs and PAC calls, we have no choice.  Suggesting to wait till the ‘next round’ is a fools game resulting in us being out recruited. Furthermore this generates additional distance between us and other schools that gets further solidified over those years generating a further relevance uphill battle over time.  If the ACC offer is dead there’s only one route (PAC) notwithstanding another conference stepping up immediately.

Wow. You really mean it.

• Topic Count:  420
  • Content Count:  9,761
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

As I've earlier said, I think going to the new PAC is a positive, especially if Memphis and Tulane are there.  Just realized, though, that probably means many of our home games will be at noon.  The media partners would need at least one conference game per week in the noon slot and it would have to come from home games at Memphis, Tulane and USF.

Edited by Gismo