Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,586
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BULLSHTR said:

Hey maybe we can finally win the conference every year like our fanbase seems to expect.

Just like now you can just say we won it, no one is going to care or bother to fact check it.

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,058
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Appalachian State, Marshall, Toledo, Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Ohio, Southern Miss, Texas State, Northern Illinois, WKU all would deserve consideration as well.

Exactly! I don’t see how it would be a good move for USF to sign a GOR in a west coast conference. Especially when the other sports would basically be screwed traveling out west too many times. USF waits in the AAc until something bigger comes calling imo 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

The PAC won't get double what we currently get $8 to $10 million. 

The current AAC media contract is $7 mil per team.  The additional money is post season distributions that you will have in any conference.  The line up of proposed teams in the PAC will at least double that to $14 mil.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Just like now you can just say we won it, no one is going to care or bother to fact check it.

Exactly the FAU fans have been trying to fact check USF for the past few years. AAC should bring him in FIU to go after FAU to help keep them distracted until USF bolts..  Im Out He Man GIF

Edited by Bull Matrix

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,142
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How true is that. Run into some random fan and get talking about college football while wearing your USF gear. When they ask "How have they been doing?" you just tell them we won our conference in 2022 and they'll just nod and say "cool".

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,759
  • Days Won:  14

I know it's what we do in this thread, but I suggest we all take a step back and breathe for a moment.

The Nu-PAC:

• Is 2,000 miles away from us
  • Currently has no TV deal, which would hinge in large part on membership
  • Is unlikely to yield more TV money to its schools than the AAC (via ESPN) even when they get a TV deal (are Wazzu and OSU going to make that big of a difference?)
  • Is basically the MWC with two former "power" teams, but that's not enough to guarantee any kind of CFP bid (0 in PAC-2 + 0 in MWC still equals 0)
  • Is likely to require signing onto a significant exit fee and long-term GOR, in exchange for financial help to get out of the AAC

Also note that Memphis and Tulane, if they leave and we stay, would have to pay USF and other AAC schools exit fees.

That's the list of cons. List of pros (as we understand them today)?

• Somewhat better competition?

I suspect USF wouldn't be interested in this arrangement. Most of the X and media stuff we're seeing is actually driven by the PAC-2 and MWC outlets. Always consider the source. Even Canzano is a reporter for OSU if I believe, so he has a vested interest in playing up Nu-PAC prospects. If conditions change (clear TV deal that is beneficial to USF both in terms of exposure and money, without manageable logistics in the form of a true eastern division) then maybe USF could reconsider. I doubt USF would ever be "left behind" this group. Our attractiveness is obvious and secure (market size, alumni base, facility investments, brand, etc.). So much so that we're the obvious choice should FSU leave the ACC as expected, as many national observers have noted.

If Memphis and Tulane are so desperate to move that they're willing to jump into literally the unknown, that's fine. Go ahead. But our leadership is responsible and I suspect has its eyes on bigger and better things (understood by us or not). In fact, if Memphis and Tulane go west, USF becomes an even more logical choice for the ACC or another power conference. We schedule aggressively (Bama, Florida, Miami, etc.) and get great exposure via ESPN under our AAC contract. Why throw that all away in a fit of desperation?

@Bull Matrix you have every reason to be cautiously optimistic, regardless of what happens.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

The current AAC media contract is $7 mil per team.  The additional money is post season distributions that you will have in any conference.  The line up of proposed teams in the PAC will at least double that to $14 mil.

How much does USF get from the exit fees 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly! I don’t see how it would be a good move for USF to sign a GOR in a west coast conference. Especially when the other sports would basically be screwed traveling out west too many times. USF waits in the AAc until something bigger comes calling imo 

The GOR is speculation at this point. We need to remember that Boise State, San Diego State, WSU, and OSU all have Big 12 or ACC aspirations, thus if there is a GOR it will be a weak one, if there is one at all. These teams  are not going to hamstring themselves to the point where it makes it harder to move on when the time  becomes ripe.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,759
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Why? Just the addition of Wazzu and OSU to select MWC teams? Even adding Memphis and Tulane, do you think their addition will bump it 100%?

How do you know this?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,211
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Is that so? 4 schools from a conference making less than us mixed with two schools who were the least valuable in a conference where as a collective their only tv offer was $25MM/yr plus network subscription commissions (AAPL). And you're telling me the 6 of them combined will double us? Which is essentially 3-4x what the 4 were making in the MWC? 

• Like 1