Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  226
  • Days Won:  1

The B1G and subsequently the B12 raided and eliminated the PAC. There’s no realistic scenario where a new version of the PAC is given a seat back at the table. TV money won’t touch what the PAC rejected before implosion and is likely only slightly higher than the AAC.

USF, if invited, would be making a move that ends up being somewhere between a lateral move to a slight upgrade. Any grant of rights or commitment to the PAC  would kill our shot at the ACC or B12. The dust hasn’t settled on realignment, and settling for the PAC and signing any long term commitment shouldn’t be considered. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,209

Really good read, and FWIW, much of this is how USF has and is currently handling itself on an institutional level. For those doomers and gloomers out there (which, albeit, is most of us), this post about FSU (from a USC alumni) and the parallels to USF are somewhat comforting. 

• Content Count:  2,269
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Really good read, and FWIW, much of this is how USF has and is currently handling itself on an institutional level. For those doomers and gloomers out there (which, albeit, is most of us), this post about FSU (from a USC alumni) and the parallels to USF are somewhat comforting. 

I dont know. In any case we want FSU to leave the ACC. FSU remaining in the ACC would be devastating for our chances of getting into the ACC.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,638
  • Days Won:  52

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I dont know. In any case we want FSU to leave the ACC. FSU remaining in the ACC would be devastating for our chances of getting into the ACC.

Well FSU is shatting the bed so they look appropriately ACC tier at the moment.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

I think the issue is that Tulane and Memphis, while still considered "east coast" teams, are in the Central time zone and much further West.  Personally I don't think it makes that much difference but then again not much in college football realignment makes much sense  

Maybe we said thanks but no thanks.

2 hours ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Got to play chess not checkers.  We really can't be worried about travel costs when it is necessary to keep in the realignment game. 

I guess I feel like jumping at this West Coast league and their GOR would be playing checkers.

Does anybody realistically think that would be a power conference?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,709
  • Days Won:  30

20 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Perfect summary.  Sue the acc, goes 0-3 against the acc, and that earns you a no thank you from the sec and b1g.

1 minute ago, MMW said:

Maybe we said thanks but no thanks.

I guess I feel like jumping at this West Coast league and their GOR would be playing checkers.

Does anybody realistically think that would be a power conference?

Nope just another g5 conference like the power6 gimmick aresco tried.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Outlaw said:

Perfect summary.  Sue the acc, goes 0-3 against the acc, and that earns you a no thank you from the sec and b1g.

That was after getting destroyed by 60 by an SEC team and getting the other coach saying something about it.

They look like sad clowns with bipolar disorder.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

If Memphis and Tulane agree to the PAC, then we have to join them. What would the AAC look like with them gone? No thank you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,209

The takeaway is that being a whiney brat and burning bridges can bite you in the ass. USF has been very diligent, very professional, and (hopefully) rubbing elbows with all of the right people. Get some wins, some big crowds, some conference championships, make a few playoffs? We're the perfect partner for any conference to add. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ThisIsAAUsome said:

If Memphis and Tulane agree to the PAC, then we have to join them. What would the AAC look like with them gone? No thank you.

It would look like this:

tumblr_o14hn1BWXn1ugpd04o1_500.gif

• Haha 1