Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,022
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Would they brand using NWO white, or NWO red?

Good question. Think they can make two divisions for an East/West split and then decide what NWO colors they should be assigned to. I prefer they use Green & Gold for obvious but biased reasons lol 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,802
  • Days Won:  5

If the PAC were somehow to land Tulane, Memphis, USF, App State, Louisiana, and Texas State... That would be an interesting conference on par with the Big 12.

The American just has too many boring programs to ever be relevant.

People are sleeping on programs like Fresno State. They have one of the coolest mid-sized cfb stadiums in the country and their fanbase is solid, when they win (very similar to us).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

If the PAC were somehow to land Tulane, Memphis, USF, App State, Louisiana, and Texas State... That would be an interesting conference on par with the Big 12.

An interesting conference, yes, but on par with the Big 12? Im not too sure about that. But hey it’s better than being in CUSA 2.0

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,638
  • Days Won:  52

12 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

People are sleeping on programs like Fresno State. They have one of the coolest mid-sized cfb stadiums in the country and their fanbase is solid, when they win (very similar to us).

I like Fresno State.  I would stay up to watch their games back in the day.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,876
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I wouldn't want to land in this conference if there is a grant of rights that has to be signed.

This^.  Let's take more TV revenue in the short term but be able to leave whenever we're called up. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,876
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Think they can make two divisions for an East/West split and then decide what NWO colors they should be assigned to. 

I don't think you'll see divisions any longer as everyone now wants their top 2 teams by conference record to play in the championship game.  I believe the Sun Belt and the MAC are the only hold outs now.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,638
  • Days Won:  52

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

I don't think you'll see divisions any longer as everyone now wants their top 2 teams by conference record to play in the championship game.  I believe the Sun Belt and the MAC are the only hold outs now.

It it because it will increase your odds of having a higher ranked team champion for the playoffs?  Vs. playing a dog in the other half for your championship and getting no bump?

15 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

An interesting conference, yes, but on par with the Big 12? Im not too sure about that. But hey it’s better than being in CUSA 2.0

On par, not better. The Big 12 is too diluted and has too many teams. What's the point of having so many teams, when you don't get to play them all? IMO, every conference should have no more than 12 teams. There should be a promotion/relegation model.

ACC <—> AAC

Big 12 <—> CUSA

Big 10 <—> MAC

PAC 12 <—> MWC

SEC <—> SBC

Then move teams around so that everything makes sense geographically and the "Power 5" conferences get 12 spots each. The relegation lower conferense would get the remainder of teams (around 12-17 teams each).

The bottom two teams in the P5 get relegated each year, and the top 2 teams in the Relegation leagues get promoted to take their place.

IMO, this is the only way to make everyone happy and the blue bloods wouldn't have anything to worry about, because even if they had a down year, they should dominate the relegated leagues and immediately get promoted the next season.

fwiw, i do this in the CFB25 game and it makes it infinitely more interesting:

ScreenShot2024-09-15at11_43_19AM.thumb.png.1b9eeffa8f0a2ba7aaec4faf5c9ed60f.png