Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Our attendance had a minimal rise when we first entered the Big East. The big jump came when we made noise nationally ...

Bottom line, though, we're not going to be trying to fill RayJay and unless we get into a P2, the attendance will be determined primarily by how we're doing, not who we're playing.

Really?

IMG_8152.jpeg

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  256

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,649
  • Days Won:  52

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

Really?

IMG_8152.jpeg

Was that the FSU night game where we kept fumbling snaps but were actually in it for a while? 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  91

28 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Can someone please explain to me how the ACC will implode like the PAC? Some of y'all keep repeating this but I'd just like to know how it came to be a believable theory in your minds. Numbers, facts, geographies - please rationalize your scenario in which that happens. 

I don't think the ACC will go away, but there is a scenario where FSU and Clemson get out.  They cause a general panic with those teams that also have real value like UNC/Miami/UL/NCState.  The B12 with private equity money steps in to leverage the conference to make sure it is firmly the #3 conference.  They think of it as an investment in the future to protect when the breakaway from the NCAA happens. I think in particular Miami, UL, Pitt, VT are looking and being courted by the B12.  With those additions and the loss of Clemson and FSU the B12 is clearly conference #3.   So the ACC loses 6 or more teams and it backfills.  They don't go away but their statis and value is severely diminished. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,182
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Was that the FSU night game where we kept fumbling snaps but were actually in it for a while? 

Yup, I believe so.

9 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I have to say that it's interesting to see the responses that USF is being left behind in this latest installment of conference realignment.

I am pretty sure it was @Jim Johnson who posted earlier about not knowing what this new incarnation of the PAC12 will be receiving in annual tv revenue and that is so accurate. The move for the four MWC schools made sense because they will probably get a slight bump in annual revenue from what their current deal. I'd have a difficult believing this new conference is going to make that much more than the AAC is going to. I'd also have a difficult time thinking Tulane and Memphis would make a move where all of their sports have to jump 2 time zones to play a majority of the league in all sports. The travel expenses alone would have to merit a tv deal that's more than double what the AAC gets at this time.

Critical point…what is the AAC going to be getting when it renews after being raided once and now possibly twice? Not being argumentative but seems AAC is going in the wrong direction for renegotiating a higher payout

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,649
  • Days Won:  52

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

Critical point…what is the AAC going to be getting when it renews after being raided once and now possibly twice? Not being argumentative but seems AAC is going in the wrong direction for renegotiating a higher payout

We're putting the conference on our back doe

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Honestly, I can’t quite remember that game. The 2016 (I believe) FSU game is etched into my memory because of the (1) the heat and (2) the opening play bomb TD followed by the Dalvin Cook next play 80 yard TD run. Biggest collapse of energy/xcitement of all time.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Days Won:  37

4 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

It's a valid question.

This is where the AAC needs to be proactive. Get Air Force and UNLV at this point.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,654
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We're putting the conference on our back doe

But are we? I would say Tulane/Memphis are. We are trying but it's broke our back for 10 years.

Edited by Sk00b