Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  220
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, ThisIsAAUsome said:

If the ACC implodes, like the PAC, the conference will still want to maintain the name with the remnants. I cant see GT, Duke, BC, etc joining a west coast league. They dont need to. They can backfill with the same quality, regionally level of teams. That should he our move if it happens. Some worthy brands to bond with and gives us a chance to build ourselves up without the sky miles.

Football is King, but I wouldn't mind basketball season with games against Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, NC State and Louisville. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  468

7 minutes ago, ThisIsAAUsome said:

If the ACC implodes, like the PAC, the conference will still want to maintain the name with the remnants. I cant see GT, Duke, BC, etc joining a west coast league. They dont need to. They can backfill with the same quality, regionally level of teams. That should he our move if it happens. Some worthy brands to bond with and gives us a chance to build ourselves up with the sky miles.

This is the likely scenario. All signs are pointing towards an ACC implosion a la the Big East and PAC 12. A rebuilt ACC with just Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, GT, and BC plus a handful of regional G5 schools is more attractive than MW 2.0. 

Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  256

12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The market has spoken at every round of realignment and says USF’s place is in the third tier of FBS. I just don’t see that changing. 

for how frequently this program has been burned by realignment in a 10-year span, you'd think we'd have enough of it and take whatever forward momentum we can get

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  846
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

for how frequently this program has been burned by realignment in a 10-year span, you'd think we'd have enough of it and take whatever forward momentum we can get

Sad Friends Tv GIF

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,586
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, sparkybull said:

I think Newton’s first law would tell us that we will continue to get burned forever until something changes in our formula. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Days Won:  1

Can someone please explain to me how the ACC will implode like the PAC? Some of y'all keep repeating this but I'd just like to know how it came to be a believable theory in your minds. Numbers, facts, geographies - please rationalize your scenario in which that happens. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,648
  • Days Won:  52

27 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You take what you get can get and for the last 10 years of this realignment crap, it’s been squat for USF. Big Ten isn’t calling us up (this is absolute fanboy fantasy) and the ACC is the next conference to implode like the PAC-12. The market has spoken at every round of realignment and says USF’s place is in the third tier of FBS. I just don’t see that changing. 

It's less about the market speaking and more about who is already in FL.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, M50_BULL said:

Sad Friends Tv GIF

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Days Won:  37

I have to say that it's interesting to see the responses that USF is being left behind in this latest installment of conference realignment.

I am pretty sure it was @Jim Johnson who posted earlier about not knowing what this new incarnation of the PAC12 will be receiving in annual tv revenue and that is so accurate. The move for the four MWC schools made sense because they will probably get a slight bump in annual revenue from what their current deal. I'd have a difficult believing this new conference is going to make that much more than the AAC is going to. I'd also have a difficult time thinking Tulane and Memphis would make a move where all of their sports have to jump 2 time zones to play a majority of the league in all sports. The travel expenses alone would have to merit a tv deal that's more than double what the AAC gets at this time.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  91

12 hours ago, michibull said:

The PAC2 added the best 4 schools that were no brainers. I believe they stopped there because it would be progressively more expensive for teams that didn’t add a lot. They would stop at 6 with the future in consideration. IF the ACC only loses FSU and Clemson, then adds USF and Memphis (or Tulane, UCONN, whoever the 2nd team is), they would pivot to the best of the AAC; if the ACC loses more and adds a group of 4-6 AAC teams, the PAC6 would take what’s leftover of the AAC west of the Mississippi, and UNLV. It is smart of the PAC 2 to take their time and make adjustments I. Accordance to the 2026 timeframe, no need to be hasty like the B12 was. 

That hasty action saved the B12.  It allowed them to go to the media and ink a deal before the PAC12.  The new PAC 12 is looking to save itself from the AAC and the Sunbelt at this point, and to some extent set itself up to compete with the ACC if the ACC loses a bunch of members.   I see the PAC now being aggressive and the ACC as passive.  We can wait and hope the ACC fairy godmother gets us an ACC invite or we can get aggressive too, but only if the PAC is aggressive in adding East Coast teams    

• Upvote 1