Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

What if the PAC offered us alongside of Tulane and Memphis tomorrow, and made it clear they want a decision fast or they would otherwise invite UNLV, UTSA, and Air Force?

What is there to wait for? A Pac conference, which basically would be the creme de la creme of the  MW/AAC +OSU/WSU is always going to make more money and give us more enticing match ups than a depleted AAC conference.

And even if it would be less money it would be more prestige and better access to the playoffs and NCAAT than our current situation

the ACC might never materialize as far was we know.

They won’t do that because none of those three are jumping without tv Contract numbers and information. The PAC doesn’t have that yet. 
look I’m one that I’m for going if the numbers are worthwhile to go there. We can always move if the ACC or anyone else comes with a better deal.

Edited by Cubanbull

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

What if the PAC offered us alongside of Tulane and Memphis tomorrow, and made it clear they want a decision fast or they would otherwise invite UNLV, UTSA, and Air Force?

What is there to wait for? A Pac conference, which basically would be the creme de la creme of the  MW/AAC +OSU/WSU is always going to make more money and give us more enticing match ups than a depleted AAC conference.

And even if it would be less money it would be more prestige and better access to the playoffs and NCAAT than our current situation

the ACC might never materialize as far was we know.

I would think we are going to be getting a big pay cut by sticking around the AAC. How in the world will they be able to even maintain the current payouts into the future when they’ve lost Cincy, Houston, UCF and SMU. Now there’s the potential for Tulane and Memphis to bolt as well. No bueno.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

They won’t do that because none of those three are jumping without tv Contract numbers and information. The PAC doesn’t have that yet. 
look I’m one that I’m for going if the numbers are worthwhile to go there. We can always move if the ACC or anyone else comes with a better deal.

But Boise State, San Diego State, CSU, and Fresno State already accepted the invite suggesting that the numbers would be better than staying in the MW. There is no doubt in my mind that if UNLV had been invited they would have accepted. Only four were invited since the PAC wants to explore other options besides the MW. Also very little doubt that UTSA and Memphis would fit since neither is too far East

The question is whether they want to create a national conference or whether they want to keep the Pac regional.

Edited by belgianbull

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I think you have those two women switch around in this analogy.

Not even close. Jennie Kim all the way! But I would be fine dating either one since right now we are dating Rosie o Donnell (AAC)

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,586
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

If this happens in the short-term, I seriously don’t know how you continue with the on campus stadium as proposed. 

Since we moved forward with the plan it has never made sense, it was always meant to serve as a distraction that our leadership is nonexistent and no one on campus has any idea of how to do what every person passing us seems to figure out. The money would have been better spent on anything else. OCS has never and will never have anything to do with expansion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,648
  • Days Won:  52

34 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

If this happens in the short-term, I seriously don’t know how you continue with the on campus stadium as proposed. 

Why?  We want it.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Since we moved forward with the plan it has never made sense, it was always meant to serve as a distraction that our leadership is nonexistent and no one on campus has any idea of how to do what every person passing us seems to figure out. The money would have been better spent on anything else. OCS has never and will never have anything to do with expansion.

I dont see what the PAC realignment has to do with the OCS. If anything if we are going to be in the PAC we might need a slightly larger stadium since there will be an up tick in attendance when the games against Tulsa, North Texas, and Charlotte are replaced with OSU, Boise State, and San Diego State.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Days Won:  22

22 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

But Boise State, San Diego State, CSU, and Fresno State already accepted the invite suggesting that the numbers would be better than staying in the MW. There is no doubt in my mind that if UNLV had been invited they would have accepted. Only four were invited since the PAC wants to explore other options besides the MW. Also very little doubt that UTSA and Memphis would fit since neither is too far East

The question is whether they want to create a national conference or whether they want to keep the Pac regional.

Correct but as I said earlier the MWC schools were earning about 4 million on their tv deal. The AAC is at 7 million. The MWC deal is over after next year, it’s a given that the new PAC would earn more than MWC. That is not the case for the AAC schools. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yeah figured it was a Hail Mary and that the recent year delay was purposeful to buy time, but man, I don’t know how you justify spending 1/3 billion dollars unless you have something ironclad. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,586
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

Yeah figured it was a Hail Mary and that the recent year delay was purposeful to buy time, but man, I don’t know how you justify spending 1/3 billion dollars unless you have something ironclad. 

Because it gets you another decade of getting paid handsomely for otherwise failing miserably and best of all none of it is coming out of your grifting pocket.