Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

With that said. I believe we will know more about ACC situation by February of 2025. So more likely schools like Tulane, Memphis and USF will wait until then to reply to any PAC invites

i think it would be madness if we receive a PAC invite and we refuse because we are waiting out for the ACC without some kind of assurance.

It would be like refusing a date with Rihanna because you are hoping that Jennie Kim will ask you out.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,070
  • Days Won:  5

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The conference must get back to at least eight football-playing members by 2026 to meet the NCAA and FBS requirements.

USF: The Bulls, in Tampa, Fla., are very far away from the Pacific Northwest. But the school has massive facility investments underway, including an on-campus stadium, and the university recently acquired membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU) — key factors in realignment.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,671
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

i think it would be madness if we receive a PAC invite and we refuse because we are waiting out for the ACC without some kind of assurance.

It would be like refusing a date with Rihanna because you are hoping that Jennie Kim will ask you out.

Who’s Jennie Kim?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,776
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think you have those two women switch around in this analogy.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,776
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Who’s Jennie Kim?

K-pop star

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,058
  • Days Won:  45

USF gonna play role of the heartbreak kid when they turn down the PAC for the ACC…

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don’t think is rejecting anything.

The PAC currently has no TV deal for 2026-27 season and on. So none of the AAC schools including USF will take any invite without actual numbers. We will know about ACC by February 2025 so I believe those three will wait to see what both offers look like. That is much difference from the MWC schools because their tv deal runs out next year. So in reality they figure the PAC will have a better deal than what the MWC will get.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,070
  • Days Won:  5

https://flywareagle.com/posts/2-logical-future-sec-targets-conference-realignment-linked-pac-12

Yahoo Sports' Ross Dellenger, the star of the college football world after breaking Boise State, CSU, Fresno State, and San Diego State joining the Pac-12, believes two teams in SEC territory, Tulane and Memphis, are potential targets for the rebuilt west coast conference.

"The AAC has the most attractive members from a TV market, brand value and on-field success perspective, including Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, North Texas, Rice and even one in Florida (South Florida)," Dellenger wrote. "The Texas schools would make strong travel partners with one another. Same goes with Tulane and Rice, two high academic institutions that are in close proximity (though Rice is a hard sell)."

If not the SEC or Pac-12, Tulane and Memphis could be potential ACC expansion candidates. Wazzu, Oregon State, UConn, and USF were listed by PressBox DC's Jim Williams too, but the former two programs are obviously out of the mix. UConn recently didn't receive a Big 12 invite despite rumored interest.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

https://flywareagle.com/posts/2-logical-future-sec-targets-conference-realignment-linked-pac-12

Yahoo Sports' Ross Dellenger, the star of the college football world after breaking Boise State, CSU, Fresno State, and San Diego State joining the Pac-12, believes two teams in SEC territory, Tulane and Memphis, are potential targets for the rebuilt west coast conference.

If this happens in the short-term, I seriously don’t know how you continue with the on campus stadium as proposed. 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

41 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I don’t think is rejecting anything.

The PAC currently has no TV deal for 2026-27 season and on. So none of the AAC schools including USF will take any invite without actual numbers. We will know about ACC by February 2025 so I believe those three will wait to see what both offers look like. That is much difference from the MWC schools because their tv deal runs out next year. So in reality they figure the PAC will have a better deal than what the MWC will get.

What if the PAC offered us alongside of Tulane and Memphis tomorrow, and made it clear they want a decision fast or they would otherwise invite UNLV, UTSA, and Air Force?

What is there to wait for? A Pac conference, which basically would be the creme de la creme of the  MW/AAC +OSU/WSU is always going to make more money and give us more enticing match ups than a depleted AAC conference.

And even if it would be less money it would be more prestige and better access to the playoffs and NCAAT than our current situation

the ACC might never materialize as far was we know.

• Upvote 1