Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Sorry it has been proven.  This is not the way.  You take whatever step up you are given.  And then you win there.  Stadiums don't matter, AAU does not matter, media markets hardly matter any more, winning OOC games does not matter.  Conference championships matter, undefeated seasons matter, stands filled with excited fans no matter who the opponent is matters, branding matters.  Liberty could pass us because we are too proud to admit that their scheduling is smarter than ours.  They win a championship and go undefeated because their OOC games are easy.  Their fans are excited about playing where they do.  They went to an NY6 game.  We crow because we gave Bama a game for 3 quarters and then we lose by more than 3 touchdowns.  Sorry I am just fed up with the passive we are too good attitude. This program needs a revival.  We need to stop sitting on our hands. Right now people are talking of Tulane and Memphis (not us) going to a crappy PAC12 rather than stay in the AAC and somehow we are convinced that we will be lifted up in some sort of devine intervention that recognizes us as being worthy of a B10 invite?   Are you happy with the waiting game?  How has that played out so far? SMU was brilliant.  They took action.  It will cost them, and they have suffered a ration of crap as a result,  but in the long run will pay dividends. 

Sorry, this latest realignment has me more despondent than ever.   

We should be helping to fund FSUs ACC buyout on the contingency that we are talking their place. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  596

7 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

We should be helping to fund FSUs ACC buyout on the contingency that we are talking their place. 

Unfortunately we will have to nix the on campus stadium plans but we can form a partnership with the Bucs for the newly built state of the art NFL stadium to serve both teams needs. 

ACC + Off Campus Stadium > AAC + On Campus Stadium

Edited by 00Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,925
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Sorry it has been proven.  This is not the way.  You take whatever step up you are given.  And then you win there.  Stadiums don't matter, AAU does not matter, media markets hardly matter any more, winning OOC games does not matter.  Conference championships matter, undefeated seasons matter, stands filled with excited fans no matter who the opponent is matters, branding matters.  Liberty could pass us because we are too proud to admit that their scheduling is smarter than ours.  They win a championship and go undefeated because their OOC games are easy.  Their fans are excited about playing where they do.  They went to an NY6 game.  We crow because we gave Bama a game for 3 quarters and then we lose by more than 3 touchdowns.  Sorry I am just fed up with the passive we are too good attitude. This program needs a revival.  We need to stop sitting on our hands. Right now people are talking of Tulane and Memphis (not us) going to a crappy PAC12 rather than stay in the AAC and somehow we are convinced that we will be lifted up in some sort of devine intervention that recognizes us as being worthy of a B10 invite?   Are you happy with the waiting game?  How has that played out so far? SMU was brilliant.  They took action.  It will cost them, and they have suffered a ration of crap as a result,  but in the long run will pay dividends. 

Sorry, this latest realignment has me more despondent than ever.   

You're kidding, right? ... I'm writing that whole soliloquy off to your despondency is fogging up your mind.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Lists USF, Memphis, Tulane and UTSA I believe.  

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,262
  • Days Won:  490

45 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

There would likely be more television money in this rebuilt conference as well.

I don't see why that would be.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I don't see why that would be.

3 time zones and the biggest remaining names/brands in the G5. Do you think SJSU, UAB and Charlotte are worth as much to a provider as USF, Memphis, and Boise State? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,262
  • Days Won:  490

I haven't spent any time on this and I posted my agreement with @Cubanbull in his post ten pages ago....we should go only if we can leave at a moment's notice for free.  Not sure that would be the offer.   And even so, it seems like we're leaving the wreck of the AAC for a PAC lifeboat with holes in it, hoping to leap to a potential Titanic in the form of the decimated ACC.  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  256

13 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Lists USF, Memphis, Tulane and UTSA I believe.  

since this has probably been baking for the last several months, if not greater than a year, im sure there is a positive/negative signal from a hypothetical media partner encompassing these markets or some combination of them.

the PAC is at 6, and there could be a media outlet responding positively, but not committed, to these teams (or a combination of them). If the hypothetical numbers dont make sense for the AAC members (i.e. little to no difference to existing payout) the PAC can resume with plan B, staying out west reaching 8 members that way.

i'd like to think there is intention behind stopping at 6, and this would be a smart way to do it with those teams mentioned in the speculation stuff

Edited by sparkybull

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Days Won:  5

Not sure what this means or if it's even related.  Anyone know?