Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

2 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I'm not sure this is P5 material, but I think it would boost our road tripping profile at least...

Road Trip Journey GIF by CBS

I don't see any scenario where UCONN jumps into this conference. The OS Beaver guy has 0 credibility or actual insight. Just another attention-seeking fanboy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't see any scenario where UCONN jumps into this conference. The OS Beaver guy has 0 credibility or actual insight. Just another attention-seeking fanboy. 

So he is the 2pac swaim

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,058
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

So he is the 2pac swaim

lol pretty much. Definitely PAC OSU biased. Of course the Beaver wants the Bulls. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  220
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

I don't know, if Memphis and Tulane were to leave the AAC I think we fall further behind, and we are waiting for someone to save us.   I have yet to see any realignment move have anything to do with facilities.  Optics mean a lot.  If the PAC does not want us, and I am aware of how far Florida is, the optics are not good. 

If Memphis & Tulane go, based on that "alliance", I'm assuming we will go as well. At the end of the day, I'm not gonna sulk or be unhappy if we do move, I just don't think it'll have the impact that others seem to think. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I just can't see it at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  256

1 hour ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Sorry it has been proven.  This is not the way.  You take whatever step up you are given.  And then you win there.  Stadiums don't matter, AAU does not matter, media markets hardly matter any more, winning OOC games does not matter.  Conference championships matter, undefeated seasons matter, stands filled with excited fans no matter who the opponent is matters, branding matters.  Liberty could pass us because we are too proud to admit that their scheduling is smarter than ours.  They win a championship and go undefeated because their OOC games are easy.  Their fans are excited about playing where they do.  They went to an NY6 game.  We crow because we gave Bama a game for 3 quarters and then we lose by more than 3 touchdowns.  Sorry I am just fed up with the passive we are too good attitude. This program needs a revival.  We need to stop sitting on our hands. Right now people are talking of Tulane and Memphis (not us) going to a crappy PAC12 rather than stay in the AAC and somehow we are convinced that we will be lifted up in some sort of devine intervention that recognizes us as being worthy of a B10 invite?   Are you happy with the waiting game?  How has that played out so far? SMU was brilliant.  They took action.  It will cost them, and they have suffered a ration of crap as a result,  but in the long run will pay dividends. 

Sorry, this latest realignment has me more despondent than ever.   

A PAC 12 with USF, Tulane, Memphis and UTSA would be the undisputed top of G6 football, and the winner of this conference would go to the playoff almost as a matter of fact even without an auto bid 

if USF stays behind because it’s too proud waiting for the ACC and doesn’t want to travel (and still end up in Tulsa Oklahoma and Greenville NC for games), kiss any hope for a G6 playoff spot goodbye. We play in a weaker conference with less recruiting appeal, less fan excitement, sitting where we have been for the last decade + watching our peers run laps around us in new, competitive conferences 

I can’t handle the apathy of this fan base sometimes. I mean it with love. But holy lord of Judy Genshaft, you pick up the phone and stick with this now trio of Tulane, Memphis and us no matter what it costs

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

If USF were to leave the AAC, it would likely be able to offset the $10 million exit fee with the money it is owed from the exit fees for SMU, UCF, Cincy, and Houston. USF could probably get out of the league only owing about $5 million or so. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,925
  • Days Won:  436

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The Twitter Realignment Rumor "Intelligentsia" are creaming their jeans with this actual REAL conference news and the opportunity to throw a copious, new amount of ******** against the wall ...

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Days Won:  5

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,058
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The Twitter Realignment Rumor "Intelligentsia" are creaming their jeans with this actual REAL conference news and the opportunity to throw a copious, new amount of ******** against the wall ...

It is now beyond crazy lol 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  256

24 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Leave it to Beaver…..

IMG_7314.png

Haha I remember this guy. He was always really high on USF joining up with OSU in some capacity