Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

17 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

UNLV is a must. Appalachian State has great fan support and is good most years for a bowl game. At the same time it would weaken other group of five conferences. Also I wouldn't mind adding Ohio from the Mac. Coastal Carolina and  Liberty would also be better adds than Tulsa and North Texas. There is no doubt in the world that whatever team would come out of this conference would make it to the playoffs and possibly even provide at larges

And also provide 3 to 4 NCAAT births

As a University, I wouldn't want to be associated with Liberty in any way. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Days Won:  22

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm very late to the New PAC-? conversation but what a crappy conglomeration of teams.  AVOID!  

Warning Red Flag GIF

About as far as I would go.   (Maybe) Join the PAC-? but be able to get out immediately at no cost.  :roflmao:

Getting stuck in a gutted AAC without Memphis, Tulane, UTSA waiting for that P4 invite would put us in an even worse spot than we are now. The PAC champion would be getting that 5th automatic CFP spot, locking us out of CFP.

You join the best one if a P4 comes calling would be no different and paying 10-20 million isn’t stopping anyone 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,715
  • Days Won:  30

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm very late to the New PAC-? conversation but what a crappy conglomeration of teams.  AVOID!  

Warning Red Flag GIF

About as far as I would go.   (Maybe) Join the PAC-? but be able to get out immediately at no cost.  :roflmao:

New pac  team  conferences are slightly above most aac teams , but unless drastically more money is promised it is better to try to earn our ticket to a power conference. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,055
  • Days Won:  20

Ok, THIS time we'll be taken for sure.

image.png.45f4592f8c04784d73537b0e3441ce07.png

• Haha 2
  • Crying 1

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

New pac  team  conferences are slightly above most aac teams , but unless drastically more money is promised it is better to try to earn our ticket to a power conference. 

The analysis cannot be based on just looking at the current PAC6, you have to look at the other chips that may fall. If Tulane and Memphis are going to leave the AAC, we have to follow suit. We cannot be stuck in a conference with Charlotte, Temple, FAU, and their ilk. A nightmare scenario would be UTSA, UNT, Memphis, and Tulane to the PAC, with two of those teams becoming more attractive options than USF to the ACC over the next few years. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,715
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The analysis cannot be based on just looking at the current PAC6, you have to look at the other chips that may fall. If Tulane and Memphis are going to leave the AAC, we have to follow suit. We cannot be stuck in a conference with Charlotte, Temple, FAU, and their ilk. A nightmare scenario would be UTSA, UNT, Memphis, and Tulane to the PAC, with two of those teams becoming more attractive options than USF to the ACC over the next few years. 

I don't disagree with what your saying. Usf theoretically moving to west coast time zone conference comes with a lot travel expenses.  If Memphis, utsa,unt,and Tulane leave then obviously get the hell out, but unless there no/low buyout clause from pac2/6 and more money coming tv and conference deal I am not sure it will be that much better  . I wouldn't mind bringing in AF and unlv to the aac if possible.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,259
  • Days Won:  0

Any combination of pac schools is good for us to disconnect from this group of complete **** we are associated with now. Cannot take any school seriously that is tied to Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, San Antonio, north Texas etc. Need to get out with as few aac coming as possible. Every aac school besides Memphis, tulane and navy are anchors. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Outlaw said:

I don't disagree with what your saying, but moving to west coast time zone conference comes with a lot travel expenses.  If Memphis, utsa,unt,and Tulane leave then obviously get the hell out, but unless there no/low buyout clause from pac2/6 and more money coming tv and conference deal I am not sure it will be that much better  .

The PAC is going to be a temporary thing. Every single team is going to be consistently on the lookout for a better opportunity. That is why I think they have to expand beyond 8 to 10 and go to 14-16 for continuity's sake. 

• Topic Count:  420
  • Content Count:  9,761
  • Days Won:  8

AAC and PAC12 are small brands we’ve already surpassed and out grown. 

Our peers all left us behind. 

UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, USF, actually all similar new brands but all really growing in popularity. 

USF got left behind when the other 3 went to the Big12. 

From the west, the only three that stands out to me is SDSU, WSU, and Oregon State, but we see WSU and Oregon State are being rejected, I’d say it’s a strong signal their brands are smaller with lower ceiling than USFs. 

I think the Arizona universities are also similar to USF. 

USF is clearly the top brand not in the top 4 revenue conferences, but it’s because of our location, and being the 4th or 5th brand in Florida, where the conferences already have the top regional brand.

Despite being the best brand outside of a power conference, Florida is saturated, so we’re left out until one of them decides they need more Florida presence. 

We should hold out for Big12, Big10, or ACC. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  7,455
  • Days Won:  14

ACC/Calford lost their opportunity to shore up their west coast footprint.