Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,876
  • Days Won:  6

Again, I will say that Pernetti needs to be talking to Air Force NOW.  Help them pay their exit fee and get them in the AAC, either football only or full member.  I see no negative in making this move now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,182
  • Days Won:  1

As someone who said earlier, Florida and Texas are the states the Big Ten lacks in its footprint.  if they're smart they'll target those areas.  You also have to consider that the Big Ten is the only P4 conference without a presence in Florida and Texas.

The sleeper for the Big Ten that I am watching is Texas A&M.  They're AAU and I know they bolted the Big XII to get away from Texas, so I'm not sure if they're thrilled to have them in the SEC.  The of course there's USF and Miami in Florida.

Until they do, I will always see the Big Ten as a possible home for the Bulls.  

USF is setting up for P4 caliber success and I would only take the move to the Pac6 if theres an out clause to move if someone else comes calling soon.

Edited by bull2saintleo
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,641
  • Days Won:  52

3 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

Until they do, I will always see the Big Ten as a possible home for the Bulls.  

USF is setting up for P4 caliber success and I would only take the move to the Pac6 if theres an out clause to move if someone else comes calling soon

This is a great argument. We need hella escape clauses.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Does Power and Group even have meaning anymore?  Where is it defined, only in the CFP for the 4 teams that get a bye?  Strip away these ridiculous labels and just let the market determine who schedules who and who gets paid what money.  You simply put together the best conference you can to maximize tv, nil and post-season revenues.  What am I missing here?  That being said, I think we take the first offer that will increase our media revenues (without an equal increase in expenses) and go from there.

GO BULLS!

Officially, the new CFP format got rid of the NY6 tie-ins to specific conferences. But that's only part of the full package of what makes the power conferences who they are. The money and bias advantages are both still there. The 5 conference champion autobids will consistently be the P4 and just one G5/6. The committee knows where the lines are still.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,876
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Officially, the new CFP format got rid of the NY6 tie-ins to specific conferences. But that's only part of the full package of what makes the power conferences who they are. The money and bias advantages are both still there. The 5 conference champion autobids will consistently be the P4 and just one G5/6. The committee knows where the lines are still.

That's exactly my point.  If the "committee knows where the lines are still", then just do away with the Px and Gx designations.  It simply makes it too easy for a conference to one day say their teams will no longer be scheduling Gx teams or Gx teams are crap when we know that's not true for the top 3rd of the "G" teams now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  7,455
  • Days Won:  14

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,023
  • Days Won:  45

15 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

That's exactly my point.  If the "committee knows where the lines are still", then just do away with the Px and Gx designations.  It simply makes it too easy for a conference to one day say their teams will no longer be scheduling Gx teams or Gx teams are crap when we know that's not true for the top 3rd of the "G" teams now.

Basically it is now nonexistent. You will continue to hear the media use it and others for recruiting. But the CFP expanded to more teams is good for college football. 

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,023
  • Days Won:  45

IMG_7311.png

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Basically it is now nonexistent. You will continue to hear the media use it and others for recruiting. But the CFP expanded to more teams is good for college football. 

To Bull Matrix's point, it's a media term. Not NCAA official and now it's not even CFP official. But the media will continue to use it because they want to prop up their more valuable properties. The sports media would have to be the ones to retire the terminology but they benefit from continuing to use it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't know if we are the hot chick at the party.  We might be Rachel Leigh Cook before her glow up.

Shes All That 90S GIF

Rachel Leigh Cook was already hot. I think we're Rachel Leigh Cook hot. We may not be Alexandra Daddario hot...yet. That's probably more appropriate.