• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,057
  • Days Won:  5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  17,023
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

Somebody better tell Dennis that the AAC is the best G6. Tho would think these so called professionals would do their homework 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,640
  • Days Won:  52

1 hour ago, TheUpperHand said:

I like this little conference.  They need a couple more teams though.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I like this little conference.  They need a couple more teams though.

Hopefully they add Hawaii 

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Days Won:  22

Here is my take on the new PAC and USF.

#1 USF cannot afford to be caught stuck in a depleted AAC waiting for an ACC, Big12, BigTen invite.

#2 You take First offer that improves your situation and move up if a better offer comes. Just like TCU did with Big East/ Big12

#3 If the PAC can get a better TV deal that pays more and has more exposure than AAC and is going to add AAC schools, then USF needs to be in there.

#4 A PAC with a Western Wing of WSU,OSU, Boise, Fresno, SDSU, Colorado St and an Eastern Wing of: UTSA, North Texas, Memphis, USF, UAB or ECU. Will be at the very least #5 sand have better access at CFP.

So hope Kelly is looking at all the options and remembers a bird at hand is better than one in the bush.

• Upvote 1

• Go Bulls! 2

FLYWAREAGLE.COM

The SEC and the Big Ten are likely to break away from the rest of college football at some point in the future according to CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd -- who stres

The absurd, unlikely upsets. It was refreshing to watch a school with the 143rd largest athletic department (Northern Illinois) beat a school with more money than God. OK, maybe not. But considering its Catholic underpinnings, Notre Dame has the ability to know for sure. 

"But if the winds continue to blow as they have, these wonderful upsets will become more rare than table manners in a frat house. If the FBS subdivides where only the power schools play, there is less need for them to play the rest of the Group of Five and the FCS."

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,241
  • Days Won:  37

52 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

It is frustrating watching all these schools with less to offer than USF get invited into major conferences. Obviously, "major" is a debatable term to describe the PAC-12 in its current configuration, but it still has lots of history, branding, and money. I suspect this may relegate the MWC to a reduced likelihood of getting a champion into the playoff each year, though it may elevate the PAC-12 as its replacement for competing with the AAC every year for the "outside P4" champion slot. The most recent Big 12 expansion appeared to value recent football success over all else. Geography would certainly limit candidacy for a Florida school to the PAC-12, nor would we likely have interest to join it. ACC and reach B1G are our hopes for landing pads, but one has to wonder how much more room there can be among the top tier of conferences before the structure becomes unwieldy and a "watering down" effect is risked. Here's to hoping everything USF is doing positions us to get in before the door closes! 

I think "major" is certainly debatable in the new PAC 12 alignment. I'm not sure how they would be bringing in more TV revenue than the AAC currently does. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

This is the reality of it imo. USF is setting themselves up into a great position. They have been putting in a lot of great work. With that said, I am very confident in the direction that USF is heading.

• Like 1