Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, jmbull said:

Most of you are delusional. Big 10 is never coming for us. We are not a brand. As much as you want to believe. We are not. No one cares about watching a usf game other than us. If the pac 2 comes calling. We run. Anything to get away from playing Tulsa, rice, Charlotte. If the acc falls apart we just gonna be in the same boat with left overs. Take what is given to us now. But they pac still doesn’t even think of usf.  

We run? We run from Tulsa, Rice, and Charlotte to fly across the country 6 hours to play, *checks notes*, Fresno State? lol sure 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

9 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Good chance they're trying to negotiate with central time zone schools, people like UNT/UTSA and those talks haven't materialized. That conference will essentially be an AAC-West, there would be no reason for USF to banish our conference travel (for all sports!) to the west coast for >50% of the conference schedule. USF will stay. Good for the PAC12 to live. I agree they'll focus on two more western schools, UNLV/Air Force make a lot of sense.

Here is the flaw in that - what if (and only if) this happens. Tulane, Memphis, ECU, North Texas, and UTSA all say yes. What are we staying behind in? That AAC version seems pretty bleak. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  380
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

We run? We run from Tulsa, Rice, and Charlotte to fly across the country 6 hours to play, *checks notes*, Fresno State? lol sure 

Yeah. I’ll take Fresno state over rice. There’s a reason why we are the only team left from the big east to still be at the little kids table. No one cares. We never capitalized on the opportunity thrown at us with the bis east. So yeah. I’ll take any scrap thrown at us now

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,638
  • Days Won:  52

5 minutes ago, jmbull said:

No one cares

Don't slip into USF Doomer mode.  Things are trending up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,241
  • Days Won:  37

9 minutes ago, jmbull said:

Most of you are delusional. Big 10 is never coming for us. We are not a brand. As much as you want to believe. We are not. No one cares about watching a usf game other than us.  

There are 2 words that I typically do my best to avoid since they are pretty absolute; ALWAYS and NEVER. The way realignment has gone over the past decade means anything is on the table. Looking at that new B1G commercial showing all the schools shows 1 region of the country where they have yet to place a footprint. I believe it's inevitable that they will journey to this region in the coming years. Who they take is a matter of opinion at this point. I do know that USF certainly checks off more boxes than most in what the B1G is seeking.

Rutgers and Maryland weren't brands when the B1G invited them. Maybe one could make the case for Maryland.

The USF - Bama game was the 7th most watched game in the country this past weekend. I'm sure the majority of the viewers wanted to see Alabama, but I would not discredit viewership to watch us, especially knowing how close we played them in 2023.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  380

So you’re telling me if this new pac,which is now confirmed, comes calling for Tulane, Memphis, utsa and north Texas and they all say yes. You’d still be for just waiting for a hypothetical call from a diminished acc? 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Days Won:  20

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,673
  • Days Won:  4

I will point out none of the "insiders" and experts said anything about the Pac-2 inviting 4 MWC schools. No mention of it being imminent. 

We don't know what will happen. 

If the Pac-2 forms an Eastern half of the conference, who knows what is possible. They could turn around and invite non-football powerhouses like Gonzaga, St. Mary's and UConn....suddenly the idea wouldn't be so ridiculous. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  213

21 minutes ago, jmbull said:

Yeah. I’ll take Fresno state over rice. There’s a reason why we are the only team left from the big east to still be at the little kids table. No one cares. We never capitalized on the opportunity thrown at us with the bis east. So yeah. I’ll take any scrap thrown at us now

Is this the presentation we'd give to the new PAC12 to "convince" them to send us an invite? I mean it is compelling. "We'll take any scraps thrown our way," doesn't really scream "valuable asset" even to a watered down PAC12

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  226
  • Days Won:  1

At least the new PAC won’t have to deal with idiots from X constantly spreading rumors about the B12 raiding them since the B12 has repeatedly turned all these teams away. 

• Upvote 1