Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,240
  • Days Won:  36

15 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Those votes aren't coming as long as the Big XII wants to postpone UConn Football from entering the league. None of those western schools want another long flight for their olympic sports to a school on an island.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Does anyone really believe this?  From everything I see the B12 seems to be waiting to see if the ACC implodes.  They have 16 teams including that team to the east which gets them some of the Florida market.   Not sure why they would expand now of consider usf or Memphis until they see what FSU and Clemson do.  

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  210

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see the Big XII as an attractive option moving forward. I think it's a "hodge-podge" of schools and they're going after quantity to try and seem like a "power conference". ACC would be nice, if it doesn't get picked apart and then backfilled and then it just becomes the best of the G5 conferences. I think our eyes should be focused solely on the B1G. I feel like that is the safest landing spot for the future of our athletics department. Otherwise, it feels like with everyone scrambling it might just be more of the same with a new name and conference patch on the jerseys. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,240
  • Days Won:  36

10 minutes ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Does anyone really believe this?  From everything I see the B12 seems to be waiting to see if the ACC implodes.  They have 16 teams including that team to the east which gets them some of the Florida market.   Not sure why they would expand now of consider usf or Memphis until they see what FSU and Clemson do.  

It makes more sense than adding UConn if the Big XII is so inclined to expand.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see the Big XII as an attractive option moving forward. I think it's a "hodge-podge" of schools and they're going after quantity to try and seem like a "power conference". ACC would be nice, if it doesn't get picked apart and then backfilled and then it just becomes the best of the G5 conferences. I think our eyes should be focused solely on the B1G. I feel like that is the safest landing spot for the future of our athletics department. Otherwise, it feels like with everyone scrambling it might just be more of the same with a new name and conference patch on the jerseys. 

The Big 12 and ACC, even after losing some teams, are still much better and profitable options than staying in the AAC for USF. Everyone wants to be in the P2, but that's not a realistic plan. The vast majority of the ACC and Big 12 have little to no shot of ever moving up, I can't see it being anything other than zero for a team currently in the G5. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  210

5 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The Big 12 and ACC, even after losing some teams, are still much better and profitable options than staying in the AAC for USF. Everyone wants to be in the P2, but that's not a realistic plan. The vast majority of the ACC and Big 12 have little to no shot of ever moving up, I can't see it being anything other than zero for a team currently in the G5. 

I don't mean that it wouldn't be better than the AAC, I just feel like it's not going to get us to where we ultimately want to go and I fear that the doors will be closing on those options in the next 5-7 years because the P2 is gonna break from the NCAA and they'll start negotiating their own broadcast deals/rights and the money will be HUGE. I just want USF in on that and I think there has to be some urgency to get it done fast, cause I don't think there's going to be more than 1 more round of realignment happening. Once the B1G and SEC have taken what they want, I think the doors will be closed for a awhile. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

I don't mean that it wouldn't be better than the AAC, I just feel like it's not going to get us to where we ultimately want to go and I fear that the doors will be closing on those options in the next 5-7 years because the P2 is gonna break from the NCAA and they'll start negotiating their own broadcast deals/rights and the money will be HUGE. I just want USF in on that and I think there has to be some urgency to get it done fast, cause I don't think there's going to be more than 1 more round of realignment happening. Once the B1G and SEC have taken what they want, I think the doors will be closed for a awhile. 

Definitely get that fear, I feel the same way. But if they do break away it all depends on how. If they only go with a small breakaway of 30 some odd teams, there's no hope. It's pretty much the current B1G and SEC teams plus ND and 2 to 4 of the top ACC schools. Not much anyone can really do, the lines are already drawn and it's too late to change our value at this point. In fact I feel the top teams in the P2 would probably shed a few of their own if they could. But if they break away as the P4 and not just P2, then that's completely doable. USF just needs to get into either the ACC or Big 12.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,868
  • Days Won:  25

Rather play Cal & Stanford than Rice & FAU or Okie State & TCU. ACC even without Clemson and FSU is better for us in may regards. BXII does little for us, but put us in a league with schools that have little prestige in flyover country. Double yuck

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  7

15 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Yet Calford is in the ACC.  Academics are really the most important factor?

Make It Happen Makes Sense GIF by WE tv

Academics are only at the forefront in the sense that if they're not top notch, they don't really care about your FB/brand. Like assume that San Diego State was elite, just crushing the MWC, making the NY6 and now the CFP every year, huge national draw in a big market. They're not getting into the Big Ten because they don't pass the academic test. Elite academics alone will not get you in.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  7

2 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

It is definitely a bit of a hodgepodge, but it's still light years better than the AAC. For one thing, it pays at least triple what the AAC pays. ACC might be better, but no one on the BoT is turning down the Big 12 in hopes of getting into the ACC or higher. 

Also, as someone living in Oklahoma, I'd love to have the Bulls playing drivable games for me.