Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Days Won:  30

10 hours ago, hm101 said:

isnt this the same guy who said lets all chill and just play the games on the schedule?

8/31 cannot get here soon enough

Bored Kill Me GIF by reactionseditor

The Tampa Bay times must be really desperate for people to subscribe in the local area because they have written more positive pieces than I can recall in a long time.  I'm not falling for it,  but thank you for the positive coverage. I hope they dont forget about usf  ans go back to fsu,uf,ucf, and Miami on front of sports section or front page once the season  starts .

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,649
  • Days Won:  52

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I hope they dont forget about usf  ans go back to fsu,uf,ucf, and Miami on front of sports section or front page once the season  starts .

dont you forget about me high school GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:
11 hours ago, hm101 said:

isnt this the same guy who said lets all chill and just play the games on the schedule?

8/31 cannot get here soon enough

Bored Kill Me GIF by reactionseditor

Expand  

The Tampa Bay times must be really desperate for people to subscribe in the local area because they have written more positive pieces than I can recall in a long time.  I'm not falling for it,  but thank you for the positive coverage. I hope they dont forget about usf  ans go back to fsu,uf,ucf, and Miami on front of sports section or front page once the season  starts .

It likely won't be for too long.  I used to work as a reporter and editor back in the days when there were five significant daily newspapers and lots of strong community newspapers in the Tampa Bay area.  I got out of the newspaper business going on 36 years ago when I saw the race to the bottom occurring simultaneously with sea change in technology and media.  It's been a long sad decline since.

WWW.TAMPABAY.COM

Layoffs will occur later this month if targeted savings aren’t met.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

It likely won't be for too long.  I used to work as a reporter and editor back in the days when there were five significant daily newspapers and lots of strong community newspapers in the Tampa Bay area.  I got out of the newspaper business going on 36 years ago when I saw the race to the bottom occurring simultaneously with sea change in technology and media.  It's been a long sad decline since.

WWW.TAMPABAY.COM

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,933
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

The Tampa Bay times must be really desperate for people to subscribe in the local area because they have written more positive pieces than I can recall in a long time.

Desperate or USF has finally given them more positive stuff to write about ...

I hope they dont forget about usf  ans go back to fsu,uf,ucf, and Miami on front of sports section or front page once the season  starts .

eyeroll.gif.84fd0ddd553075600f00fe19ee579042.gif

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,229
  • Days Won:  68

37 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

WWW.TAMPABAY.COM

bart simpson drain GIF

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,759
  • Days Won:  14

Mediations are often a waste of time, but sometimes not:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Days Won:  14

13 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Mediations are often a waste of time, but sometimes not:

seems like a good idea. with the two sides so radically far apart (FSU - no exit fees at all / ACC - no settlement at all) might help clear some of the rubble if litigation is necessary at the very least. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  4

But print advertising and circulation have declined steadily and digital revenue growth hasn’t made up for the shortfall.

I think it's just a matter of time before the print versions are scrapped altogether. It will probably default to a Sunday print only for a while before even that is scrapped. If you can read it online for five days a week, no reason you can't do the same for seven days. Unfortunately, it doesn't take me long to read the paper. If there's something local, I might bite. But anything national I've probably already been made aware of it before the paper arrives. 

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  5

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

• Haha 1