Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,909
  • Days Won:  436

52 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

image.png.ca8d50708d16ba005028271aa1ca7f28.png

Just reporting what shows up on the radar.  More unredacted intelligence summaries to follow. 

I guess it goes without saying that the ""'s that bracket that word are implied ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, SpikeBull said:

Here you go Bull Matrix:

"Whataburger is planning its expansion into Manatee County, according to a report from the Bradenton Herald."

It will be located at I-75 and SR 64 near the Costco in Bradenton.

Not Tampa but sorta close.

They are building one in Trinity (SR 54 and LIttle Road) as well.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,642
  • Days Won:  52

4 hours ago, Cat941 said:
WWW.SPORTSKEEDA.COM

The Big East has created a niche as one of the nation's premier basketball conferences, notably home to the back-to-back national champion, the UConn...

Per Swaim:  The B12 is likely to poach between four and six ACC schools, as with their two elite programs leaving, the media money will barely be barely enough to survive. #CardNation, #NCState, #VT, #TheU, #GT and #Pitt are the six schools we continue to hear after #Clemson, but #Wazzu and the #Beavers will likely join by 2026-27, and the B12 will not go past 24, so not everyone will get a seat.

This guy is a great propagandist.  Top tier.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,553
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

More on how App State & ECU believe that it is the UNC-NCSU cabal that thwarts their entry into the ACC. Unfortunately, it's the numbers. Only numbers. Conference expansion is about footprint expansion into states you don't already occupy, and as such, the alarmingly top heavy North Carolina footprint of the ACC, it would be psycho-nut-job to think in terms of adding more Tobacco Road teams.

image.png.5b96b0459b488ff216f3b46b10ad7d3b.png

While this is abysmal.. Is this due to ECU's performance OR is their media footprint just weak?

I say this, because I would be interested to see where we fall...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Bear said:

ECU's performance OR is their media footprint just weak?

Well, we could say that the two issues are joined at the hip. Nobody, alumni excluded, wants to watch a small, to-a-degree unheard-of-outside-of-the-state, school play football when the "I've heard of them" schools are playing (where have I seen these words before???). I'm just thinking in terms of Michigan, with the "U of" and State. NC has four big (in the vernacular of our subject) schools, and Florida has three. It reeks of me-too-ism. This isn't disparaging ECU or App State, it's just how the spreadsheet looks. I often think in terms of Ohio. There's Ohio State and ...uh, hang on...it'll come to me...oh, yes! The MAC. Akron, Ohio, Bowling Green, Kent State, Toledo, and Miami (not to be confused with Miami). 

I think the fallout from P-Deux segregation is going to have seismic impact on football across the board. We're all going to feel the effects. And I am really interested, from an entertainment perspective, on the line of thinking from schools other than U of SF who have inclusive aspirations. But, there are some who embrace stability...

"

The remarkable thing to me is that there are no rumors swirling around the MAC the way they are around the AAC, Conference USA, the Sun Belt, or even the Mountain West. Part of that has to be the fact that most MAC schools are in the Big Ten footprint, which is one of the two most stable P5 conferences. Another aspect is the TV contract. The 12 schools of the MAC are splitting $10MM/year until the end of the contract in 2027, netting $833,000 per school. That's way ahead of Conference USA ($200K per school), the Sun Belt ($100K), and the Mountain West ($636K split unevenly). The AAC gets more money ($1.5 million per school), but might be the least stable of the G5 conferences due to its overlap with three P5 conferences, lack of historical ties, and makeup of schools from former power conferences. The MAC deal is also longer than any other G5 contract.

Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up #MACtion. While the whole thing seems like a meme today, MACtion really did change the way that we watch college football today. Midweek games were new and virtually unprecedented, and the MAC made it work with entertaining, well-played football that captivated a much larger audience than just MAC fans and alumni. Nowadays you see PAC 12 games on Friday nights, the ACC will play a Thursday or Friday night game virtually every week this season, and even the Big Ten and SEC started off the year with weeknight games. The fact that the MAC often has teams capable of beating P5 opponents (WMU and CMU this season, Toledo and Bowling Green last season, and NIU for the past few years) gives the midweek games legitimacy that they might otherwise lack.

While expansion and realignment rumors swirl around the rest of the G5, the MAC is just here in the Midwest doing its thing. Who knows what the AAC, CUSA, or Sun Belt look like in three years time? I'm willing to bet that the MAC will look very much the same."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,642
  • Days Won:  52

12 hours ago, Brad said:

image.png

Is that true?  😂

In this age of information firehose (the post factual era) you can spam things on the internet enough to the point where no one is willing to verify it.  Like USF being #1 in the realignment search.  Let's go, counterinformation team!

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,182
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Cat941 said:
WWW.SPORTSKEEDA.COM

The Big East has created a niche as one of the nation's premier basketball conferences, notably home to the back-to-back national champion, the UConn...

Per Swaim:  The B12 is likely to poach between four and six ACC schools, as with their two elite programs leaving, the media money will barely be barely enough to survive. #CardNation, #NCState, #VT, #TheU, #GT and #Pitt are the six schools we continue to hear after #Clemson, but #Wazzu and the #Beavers will likely join by 2026-27, and the B12 will not go past 24, so not everyone will get a seat.

I know Swaim is a pot-stirrer, but is he saying that remaining football schools will go to a current non-football conference?  What happens to football?  I'm confused.....

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,579
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Wish Tampa would bring back a Whataburger. Hopefully they build one by the OCS

They tried one in Tampa before and the food was horrible.  Not sure it lasted a year before closing up.  I've eaten at countless Whataburger's in Texas and that food was night and day from what they were serving in Tampa.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Days Won:  1

Speaking of Whataburger - had In-N-Out for the first time a couple months ago and it was lovely. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2