Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  4

Why aren’t they showing interest in the ACC’s top brands?

Because any hint of interest could lead to the ACC taking legal action — to the SEC and/or Big Ten becoming entangled in litigation.

Officially, the heavyweight leagues have zero interest in expansion.

Unofficially, they have zero interest in expansion until schools are available and the threat of tortious interference has subsided.

And that's how the movie ends. So, until such time as the heavy-handed threat of litigious infliction of pecuniary pain is removed, the relentless 'my sources say...' from x-tweet is, ultimately, an entertaining keyboarding exercise. Fun, just not the sort of thing you want to wager on.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  13,704
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Oh, they have those in Nashville my son raves about them. 

People go crazy for them. I have never been, but dont each much fast food myself. My wife wants to go the next time we go to Georiga because we pass them.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

People go crazy for them. I have never been, but don't each much fast food myself. My wife wants to go the next time we go to Georgia because we pass them.

They are very good. My niece in Monroe worked at the local rendition in high school. That being said, "good" means that if you're passing by, or on the road, or just happen to be in your automobile, a very good choice, better than some similar offerings. Remember kids, there's a finite amount you can do with a chunk of ground beef and a bun. But - the corporation did buy two properties here in TPA, one up near Gaither High School and the other on Fowler near 56th (is there a shortage of fast-food restaurants out that way?)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,134
  • Days Won:  109

16 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

image.jpeg.ec3b66aba714681494a77cb2f149d3e2.jpeg

That's the one.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,668
  • Days Won:  19

20 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Thought she like that burger chain that's coming to Tampa from up there. (Can't recall the name)

Yes, Cookout.   You'll soon be seeing the drive-through traffic from the Hickory location in your neighborhood....

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,668
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:
10 hours ago, Outlaw said:

People go crazy for them. I have never been, but don't each much fast food myself. My wife wants to go the next time we go to Georgia because we pass them.

They are very good. My niece in Monroe worked at the local rendition in high school. That being said, "good" means that if you're passing by, or on the road, or just happen to be in your automobile, a very good choice, better than some similar offerings. Remember kids, there's a finite amount you can do with a chunk of ground beef and a bun. But - the corporation did buy two properties here in TPA, one up near Gaither High School and the other on Fowler near 56th (is there a shortage of fast-food restaurants out that way?)

Personally, I don't get the attraction, especially not enough to celebrate a couple of birthdays sitting in the drive-through and none afterward.

However, there is new excitement in Hickory: Whataburger is taking over the old PDQ location.  Remains to be seen if it will break the 24-hour food barrier in these parts. If so, we know it will always be RIGHT THERE!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  1

As we haven't seen the actual network agreements between conferences, this is unconfirmed, but here is a bit of information that has been mentioned and I think is relatively accurate. Buckle up - 

1. The ACCN charges .25 cents per month to out-of-market carriers, $1.30 for in-market, and the markets are considered the entire state for negotiating purposes. I.e. adding SMU and Calford added the two largest states in their entirety, not just their DMAs, as in-market. 

2. The B1G Network charges 0.10 cents for out-of-market, and $1.50 for in-market. But, this is added by DMA, not entire state. 

What can we make of this? With Miami retained in the ACC after FSU leaves, then the ACCN would still be in-network for the entire state of Florida. Adding USF might not actually increase revenue for the ACC even with FSU gone. Schools like Tulane, Kansas, Oklahoma St, and Cincinnati might actually be more valuable than USF due to the ACCN revenue potential. However, on the B1G front, a school like USF when compared to FSU with regards to their DMA is far more attractive. USF/Miami/GaTech/UNC (assuming TAMU is out) might be the next play for DMA's. 

USCLA - assuming only the LA market was added as in-market (cases can be made for San Diego + LV + other LA surrounding areas)

LA DMA: 5.8MM TV homes x 1.40/mo increase (assuming they were being charged out of network already, if not it would be the full 1.50 increase) = $97MM/yr revenue to BTN

+SD 1.1MM + LV 870k = an additional $33MM/yr, total of those three metros, if added, would be $130MM/year BTN revenue increase

USF/Miami - assuming only Tampa/Miami DMAs are added, and they were already paying out of market rate of 0.10/mo

TPA/SP/S DMA: 2MM, Miami/FtL: 1.7MM - $62MM/yr

+Orlando @ 1.8MM and West Palm @ 900k is an additional $45MM/year

Total for USF/Miami for the BTN might be in the range of $107MM/year, and roughly in the same ballpark as USCLA @ $130MM/year. 

Take the Oregon/Washington route - at half of pro-rata shares for T1 conference distribution, let's estimate those at $30MM/year (B1G does not break out BTN revenue from T1 revenue in their reportings, so it's hard to know what their actual T1 TV contract pays), and you can see how USF/Miami would more than carry their own weight financially. Adding Georgia Tech and UNC and the B1G get's in-network rates for the largest non-Texas DMAs in the South (Tampa/Miami/Atlanta/Charotte + maybe Raleigh?), builds a bridge to their active and retired alumni located in those markets, and (easily) brings their northern teams south a couple times per year. A lot to like about that financially and for the future. That would bring them to 22, which is not a round number, so 2 more might bring them to their endgame. ND + Stanford? TAMU? Duke? 

*insert 3-5 years of maximum effort, show up, support, donate to NIL + athletics, etc.*

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,621
  • Days Won:  52

15 hours ago, Cat941 said:

He foresees a future where the strongest programs will consolidate into two major leagues, effectively reshaping the sport's competitive landscape.

I believe we are mainly trying to position with an eye toward this future vs. the minor hops along the way.  Being an established pro market with all the plusses for the university helps as well.  

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,621
  • Days Won:  52

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

Let's just hope that one their most prominant alumni doesn't get involved ....

image.thumb.jpeg.433c014938ebd4571cc5e721d06048a9.jpeg

Whoa!  It's Vincent Price!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,798
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/27/2024 at 10:59 AM, USFBULL_08 said:

a&m doing everything they can to get away from texas.

A&M: If ya can't beat 'em... RUN AWAAAAAAYYYYYYY!