Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Let's just hope that one their most prominant alumni doesn't get involved ....

image.thumb.jpeg.433c014938ebd4571cc5e721d06048a9.jpeg

Sad Vince Mcmahon GIF by Justin

• Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  6,998
  • Days Won:  4

40 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Courting colleges is apparently not necessarily logical nor an exact science.   For example, my daughter is a rising North Carolina high school senior who, after touring Tobacco Road, seems to have fallen in love with the Wolfpack.  When we were back in Florida, although she basically grew up on the USF campus and the Bulls athletic department, she used to be enamored with UF.  So, it could be worse.

I've had a number of my dirt road relations graduate from NCSU. On the plus side, it's but a three-hour drive from the dorm to your house, so she'll never want for freshly washed clothes.  Are we diving into the NCSU experience at full tilt, pursuing a degree from the Wilson College of Textiles or the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences? I had a cousin graduate from there who, I ain't making this up, spent a career in textiles. Know what he did? He traveled the globe for some manufacturer, and his job was quality control on the tags in the back of shirts. Serious. The one thing he's responsible for is the one thing I took scissors to at the first opportunity. 

Googlemap 202 South Rocky River Road, Monroe, NC 28110 and take a peek at the old homestead! Within walking distance of the Circle K & Grace Baptist Church. 😎

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,768
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Let's just hope that one their most prominant alumni doesn't get involved ....

image.thumb.jpeg.433c014938ebd4571cc5e721d06048a9.jpeg

Vince Mcmahon Money GIF

10 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Vince Mcmahon Money GIF

Hulk Hogan Rnc GIF by PBS News

• Haha 2

NEVADASPORTSNET.COM

Nobody knows what will happen to the Pac-2 over the next 18 to 24 months. Not even Oregon State and Washington State, the two remaining members of the once-prou

Given the huge cost of doing business, I still believe the most likely outcome is a full merger. Are San Diego State, Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State and UNLV really going to pay $17 million to leave the MW so it could play with Oregon State and Washington State in a watered-down Pac-2 that does have Autonomous 5 status? That doesn't make sense since there would be no major TV pot of gold on the other end.

Outgoing Washington State president Kirk Schulz told Canzano early 2025 is a likely target for making a decision on what the Pac-2 will do for the next half-decade, so the Beavers and Cougars have less than a year to figure things out if that timeline holds. That also gives MW schools that are potentially under consideration for the new Pac-12 a year to make their athletic departments as attractive as possible to Oregon State and Washington State.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  6,998
  • Days Won:  4

What is the difference between the Pac Deux (a non "P is for Power" conference) inviting a bevy of Mountain West teams to come play in their yard, as opposed to the Pac 12 flotsam just joining the Mountain West?  Is this simply a case of which logo one finds most appealing? 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,666
  • Days Won:  19

51 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I've had a number of my dirt road relations graduate from NCSU. On the plus side, it's but a three-hour drive from the dorm to your house, so she'll never want for freshly washed clothes.  Are we diving into the NCSU experience at full tilt, pursuing a degree from the Wilson College of Textiles or the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences? I had a cousin graduate from there who, I ain't making this up, spent a career in textiles. Know what he did? He traveled the globe for some manufacturer, and his job was quality control on the tags in the back of shirts. Serious. The one thing he's responsible for is the one thing I took scissors to at the first opportunity. 

Googlemap 202 South Rocky River Road, Monroe, NC 28110 and take a peek at the old homestead! Within walking distance of the Circle K & Grace Baptist Church. 😎

Unlike me, she is a math, science and computer whiz.  That said, I don't know if she was more impressed by the Centennial Engineering Campus or the Dairy Education and Ice Creamery.  I think we spent more time at the latter during our tour.

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,112
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Unlike me, she is a math, science and computer whiz.  That said, I don't know if she was more impressed by the Centennial Engineering Campus or the Dairy Education and Ice Creamery.  I think we spent more time at the latter during our tour.

Thought she like that burger chain that's coming to Tampa from up there. (Can't recall the name)

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Cat941 said:
NEVADASPORTSNET.COM

Nobody knows what will happen to the Pac-2 over the next 18 to 24 months. Not even Oregon State and Washington State, the two remaining members of the once-prou

Given the huge cost of doing business, I still believe the most likely outcome is a full merger. Are San Diego State, Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State and UNLV really going to pay $17 million to leave the MW so it could play with Oregon State and Washington State in a watered-down Pac-2 that does have Autonomous 5 status? That doesn't make sense since there would be no major TV pot of gold on the other end.

Outgoing Washington State president Kirk Schulz told Canzano early 2025 is a likely target for making a decision on what the Pac-2 will do for the next half-decade, so the Beavers and Cougars have less than a year to figure things out if that timeline holds. That also gives MW schools that are potentially under consideration for the new Pac-12 a year to make their athletic departments as attractive as possible to Oregon State and Washington State.

Welcome to the P5 thunder-dome. Home of the crappy budgets, attendance and recruiting.

It will be fun watching them this season and seeing how the fans react.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,622
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Welcome to the P5 thunder-dome. Home of the crappy budgets, attendance and recruiting.

It will be fun watching them this season and seeing how the fans react.

rethinkingHell.jpg.06bd1440b92575b3541d65ee10da60c2.jpg