Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,207
  • Days Won:  68

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Frisco is still bummed the Lightning beat Dallas for the cup.  You have to have empathy.  

I was a lightning season ticket holder prior to the move out west, the series wasn’t that close and it was during Covid, So I have gotten over that but still a little butt hurt about Edmonton this past season, however both times they were beat by the better team which makes the loss easier to swallow.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,668
  • Days Won:  19

Well, this is certainly one of the most mind-blowing internet debates devolving into violence since Sprinkling vs. Raining & You Poked My Heart.

Edited by SilverBull
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,207
  • Days Won:  68

Just now, SilverBull said:

Well, this is certainly one of the most mind-blowing internet debates devolving violence since Sprinkling vs. Raining & You Poked My Heart.

I do love that video and there were many similarities in both of the disagreements, we could probably learn something from those kids. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,551
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

Who is the three? Add them to my new conference below.

I present to you the castaway conference with WSU, OSU, USF, Temple, UCONN

If the ACC fumbles,

you can add Syracuse, Wake Forest, and Boston College to that list. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  464
  • Days Won:  0

I think the second tier ACC programs will flee to the Big 12, just like what happened with the PAC-12. ACC will end up with a handful of third tier programs like BC and ‘Cuse, a mere shell of its former self like the PAC-2. 

I don’t know the conference media rights contract details like others on here but Fox and ESPN are clearly downsizing. The end game is P2.

Big-12 is just an island of misfit toys, a life raft that will eventually lose value and end the same way as the PAC-12. Yormark knows this, hence his seeking of private equity.

Edited by Bob Loblaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,798
  • Days Won:  5

No lie, the castaway conference would be more desirable than whatever the Big 12 is right now.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  464
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

I present to you the castaway conference:

• USF
  • UCONN
  • Tulane
  • Memphis
  • Boston College
  • Georgia Tech
  • Virginia Tech
  • Duke
  • NC State
  • Louisville
  • Pitt
  • SMU
  • Syracuse
  • Wake Forest
  • Oregon State
  • Washington State

FSU (SEC), Clemson (SEC), UNC (SEC), Virginia (SEC), Miami (B1G), Stanford (B1G), Cal (B1G)

This lineup is actually pretty sick, imo.

I wish this would be true. It would be a step up from Rice, UAB, etc. I just don’t see it happening.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  608
  • Content Count:  16,995
  • Days Won:  45

For the record, I’m cool with all of you USF fans. Even some UCiF fans have been cool. All is good. I apologize if offended anyone as I’m just having fun and hoping to get some laughs lol. Try not to take me too seriously as I admit that I have no clue how the conference realignment will end up. I’m biased towards USF so I’m going to keep it positive whenever I can. It is the Big 12 that  have issues with after they basically rejected USF. There I said it lol. Doesn’t mean I won’t be one of the biggest big 12 fans if USF ends up in that conference. However I’m sticking with my prediction that USF is heading to the ACC so that means I’m at war with the big 12 for now lol. I will continue to post more crazy rumors on conference realignment that will even make eggplants cringe lol. Much love & thanks everyone!!!

IMG_7092.png

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think the second tier ACC programs will flee to the Big 12, just like what happened with the PAC-12. ACC will end up with a handful of third tier programs like BC and ‘Cuse, a mere shell of its former self like the PAC-2. 

I don’t know the conference media rights contract details like others on here but Fox and ESPN are clearly downsizing. The end game is P2.

Big-12 is just an island of misfit toys, a life raft that will eventually lose value and end the same way as the PAC-12. Yormark knows this, hence his seeking of private equity.

Why would they go to a conference which makes less money? Don't you think it would be the other way around?