Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,482
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

I could see the ACC grabbing WVU, Cinci, and ucf, + USF.

We all know that WVU, Cinci, and ucf would prefer to be in the ACC.

Those teams don't make up for losing FSU and Clemson. The they would have to pay exit fees to move horizontally to another conference? Doesnt make sense.

Also, you have to think about what ND is looking at with the changes. They might leave their deal with the ACC.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,081
  • Days Won:  5

GLORYCOLORADO.COM

Four ACC schools are reportedly finalizing a deal to join FSU and Clemson in the Big 12 according to long-time college football radio host Greg Swaim -- who cla

Warning incoming B12 propaganda!  

• Haha 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,935
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

blowing a little smoke at the kid to get him here ......?

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

And is there anything wrong with that? 'Cause when I was seventeen years old, I stopped by the U.S. Military Recruiting Station, Monroe, North Carolina. Lemme tell you 'bout 'blowing smoke'. 

Difference there is, though, you swallow that Marine recruiter's smoke and you can't just walk away a year or two later ...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,935
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I think it’s commonplace for coaches to sell the future  (as they see it) more than the past. I certainly believe that Jim Leavitt had a vision far beyond being a I-AA independent and shared that with the players that he brought to South Florida in the beginning.  We have no recent past to sell. We must sell the future now, too.

That vision, save the BE invite, was pretty much a given from the start, just a matter of the time frame. There are no "givens" right now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,218
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Those teams don't make up for losing FSU and Clemson. The they would have to pay exit fees to move horizontally to another conference? Doesnt make sense.

Also, you have to think about what ND is looking at with the changes. They might leave their deal with the ACC.

If the B12 members are willing to pay FSU/Clemson $100MM/year each, then FSU/Clemson will go. But, that's literally 3 shares of the current TV deal, each. Not a single instance of unequal revenue sharing in any conference, ever, has had a happy ending. B12/UT/LHN has already failed. The Big East failed with the football/basketball schools divided. It wont work in the B12 either, and will not even become reality. Not even SMU agreed to unequal TV revenue in perpetuity, and their boosters could easily afford $23MM/year. 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

IMG_7015.png

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,482

42 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

If the B12 members are willing to pay FSU/Clemson $100MM/year each, then FSU/Clemson will go. But, that's literally 3 shares of the current TV deal, each. Not a single instance of unequal revenue sharing in any conference, ever, has had a happy ending. B12/UT/LHN has already failed. The Big East failed with the football/basketball schools divided. It wont work in the B12 either, and will not even become reality. Not even SMU agreed to unequal TV revenue in perpetuity, and their boosters could easily afford $23MM/year. 

SMU gave up a decade(200+ million) in TV revenue to join the ACC. Whatever deal the Big12 gives to FSU\Clemson is irreverent.

None of the teams you mentioned would pay to leave a better conference to join a worse one. Us USF fans might be confused on how things should work.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93

22 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

In reality most of the info that we are receiving from big 12 fans have been BS.  I’m going to keep my thinking simple & say ACC picks up USF & UConn after FSU & Clemson reach a settlement with that ACC to exit.  No other teams are leaving the ACC imo. USF will end up in the #3 power conference behind SEC & Big Ten. 

The best thing for college football if Clemson/FSU ;leave is an ACC that exists and a B12 that exists. If Clemson and FSU leave there is not much difference between the two.  I don't think either conference could claim superiority.  But I am curious who the power brokers will be in the ACC in your scenario. Miami if they get their act together.  UNC is a good program but has not been much of a football power.  I think you match Utah and KSU or OSU against those two match for match.  It is hard to say having been an east coast fan for so long I don't know the B12 as well as I should.   After that it is just middle range teams on both sides.  

57 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

The B12 has been down this road before without good results 

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I agree with this point, although I am not sure c would "prefer" to be in the ACC, as the B12 gave them their first shot - I think there is some precedent/emotional attachment there now. I am not sure if c fans would "prefer" to be aligned with schools like Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, etc. like USF would. I think those four additions to the ACC make a lot of sense, but there is still an elephant in the room - Calford. For Calford to be sustainable long term, they either have to go to the B1G, or the ACC will need to add some neighbors. That's why I think the ACC will target Utah + Arizona St. first, and those two schools may "prefer" to be in the ACC more than Cinci/c. I do think the ACC made a mistake not adding WVU when it had the chance. 

If I were drawing the puppet strings - a settlement is finalized next summer for 2026 exit for FSU/Clemson. SEC adds them both. USF wins the conference either this year (I'd say <25% chance rn, but definitely non-zero), or next year (25%+ chance) and we make the playoff next season. Coincidentally, c potentially wins the B12 next season as well and we face them in the CFP playoff first round... and win 64-12. 

All type B12 teams have a GOR to deal with for the same reason I don't see FSU Clemson going to the B12, the ACC is not taking any B12 teams.  Right now stability means a great deal to B12 teams.  None of the B12 teams except maybe Utah have academics as a motivator.  Really only the B10 seems to have this as a major priority.  Arizona and Utah also have some financial issues as I recall and the travel in the B12 is closer.  

I see an equal ACC and B12 and that would be the best thing for college football 

On 7/12/2024 at 5:11 PM, Da_Bulls said:

B1G wants into Florida. 

I hear this from FSU fans, but has there ever been any real reporting on this?  Florida is a great market no doubt but I wonder how much of this is trying to wish it into existence.  Maybe I am just jaded and the the whole B10 vibe wanting to expand seems a bit one sided.  Is tha because they are scared to say anything? 

• Upvote 2