Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,082
  • Days Won:  5

59 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Coincidence? He doesn’t post like this every time a recruit commits, does he?

Cant Believe It Bbc GIF by The First Team

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Days Won:  14

July 12th baby 

See Season 1 Episode 5 GIF by Bluff City Law

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, michibull said:

I just don’t see how people believe 6 teams will leave. 4 yes, but ESPN won’t allow 2 others leaving to destroy the profitable ACCN, just have them move to the B12; it would mean a massive loss and ESPN has already had enough financial issues. ESPN owns the SEC, ACC and B12, and letting 2 schools move from the ACC to the B12 would destroy 1/3 of their media revenue. These national people have got to stop with this narrative, not gonna happen unless the SEC wants 4, which they don’t. 

This guy is a quack giving his B12 audience what they want to hear. He needs the clicks and followers

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

image.png

• Go Bulls! 3

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, 09RagingBullAF said:

Do new recruits know something that we don't? 

“I also love the direction the program is going in with them building all brand new facilities, new stadium and going into a new power conference, I feel like it’s a great set up for me to be successful.”

WWW.ON3.COM

Alex Golesh and the USF Bulls have accomplished a big recruiting feat, landing Argyle (Texas) Liberty Christian running back Chase Garnett.

Nah, if a recruit knew something then it would be well known by that point. Realignment stuff is kept very tightly to the chest by a tiny circle at each school right before it happens. 

But it's been a common tactic for the last 20+ years for coaches to talk up potential moves as if they're a done deal as a recruiting pitch. Sometimes they happen (sooner or later), and sometimes they don't. UConn was telling kids they were Big 12 bound. SDSU was telling recruits the PAC invite was coming. Though to be fair to them, it probably was had they not fumbled the TV deal. I'm pretty sure UCF even told recruits we were Big East bound well before we eventually got invited to the Big East/AAC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  1

This young man is a more reliable “source” than mhver and Swaim combined. He’s probably more reliable than TuxedoYoda. I am taking his comment as the gospel and look forward to the SEC vs. B1G bidding war coming our way. 

• Haha 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, aroth said:

This young man is a more reliable “source” than mhver and Swaim combined. He’s probably more reliable than TuxedoYoda. I am taking his comment as the gospel and look forward to the SEC vs. B1G bidding war coming our way. 

Mediate The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

35 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Nah, if a recruit knew something then it would be well known by that point. Realignment stuff is kept very tightly to the chest by a tiny circle at each school right before it happens. 

But it's been a common tactic for the last 20+ years for coaches to talk up potential moves as if they're a done deal as a recruiting pitch. Sometimes they happen (sooner or later), and sometimes they don't. UConn was telling kids they were Big 12 bound. SDSU was telling recruits the PAC invite was coming. Though to be fair to them, it probably was had they not fumbled the TV deal. I'm pretty sure UCF even told recruits we were Big East bound well before we eventually got invited to the Big East/AAC.

Ignore Season 2 GIF by PBS

• Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,001
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, BULLSHTR said:

i wish people would stop trying to speculate their own desires into existence.

I was under the impression that was a major objective of this thread...to whittle together fantasy conferences with your favorite teams and then cost justify it with voodoo economics. If we strip away all of the fantasy concoctions, this page count will plummet. And you know, if you throw enough spaghetti at the wall, there will be one or two noodles that adhere. Like any good internet terrorist, you only have to be right once. :FIREdevil: