Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Rage said:

It kind of makes sense if the Big XII is planning on giving FSU and Clemson an unequal (higher) share of revenue.  The PE money, potential naming rights for the conference, and all these new revenue streams they are discussing could bridge the gap in the short term until the media deal expires in 2031.  

FSU and Clemson wouldn't switch conferences until the end of next season or the end of the 2025 season so they would really only need to float these 2 schools for 5-6 seasons.  Then the Big XII would be set up for a better TV deal in 2031. 

It'd be a swing for the fences gamble but i could see it potentially playing out and paying off if the 2 schools aren't offered a life raft from the B1G or the SEC and can raise the funds.

The Big XII seems to be a little more forward thinking and already had their backs against the wall a few years ago and came out in a pretty comfortable position when everyone was already digging their grave. 

I would have much rather seen the B12 fall apart instead of the PAC.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,233
  • Days Won:  68

1 minute ago, Rage said:

It kind of makes sense if the Big XII is planning on giving FSU and Clemson an unequal (higher) share of revenue.  The PE money, potential naming rights for the conference, and all these new revenue streams they are discussing could bridge the gap in the short term until the media deal expires in 2031.  

FSU and Clemson wouldn't switch conferences until the end of next season or the end of the 2025 season so they would really only need to float these 2 schools for 5-6 seasons.  Then the Big XII would be set up for a better TV deal in 2031. 

It'd be a swing for the fences gamble but i could see it potentially playing out and paying off if the 2 schools aren't offered a life raft from the B1G or the SEC and can raise the funds.

The Big XII seems to be a little more forward thinking and already had their backs against the wall a few years ago and came out in a pretty comfortable position when everyone was already digging their grave. 

All of that makes sense except that FSU and Clemson would never lateral over now if there is even a remote chance of getting a P2 invite.  I like the way the Big 12 is moving(exception of dissing us) however they need to also understand their place as a P3 or 4 but well below the Top 2.  This is simply a PR scheme to enhance their brand.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,233
  • Days Won:  68

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Why?  We were never a part of the PAC’s future however still a possibility of the Big 12, Big Allstate or whatever the hell they will be called 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Why?  We were never a part of the PAC’s future however still a possibility of the Big 12, Big Allstate or whatever the hell they will be called 

I think because Pac12 wouldn't be as significant a threat to the ACC?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly! That is why i believe the only schools that will be able to eventually leave the ACC are FSU & maybe Clemson. And that is showing everyone that it is a pain & hassle with all the legal issues & lawsuits. This is good news for both the ACC & USF as I do believe USF will be joining eventually. Big 12 fans are living in a dreamworld…

Its a pain in the ass and all you get is a lateral move.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

All of that makes sense except that FSU and Clemson would never lateral over now if there is even a remote chance of getting a P2 invite.  I like the way the Big 12 is moving(exception of dissing us) however they need to also understand their place as a P3 or 4 but well below the Top 2.  This is simply a PR scheme to enhance their brand.  

My point is predicated on them not receiving invites to the P2.  If the Big 12 offered them more money and a chance to renegotiate a TV deal sooner, i wouldn't call that a lateral move. 

But yes at the end of the day i do believe it is a PR move, but i don't think the possibility is 0%. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, Rage said:

I just don't see it.  If FSU/C sell their soul to join the B12, even for additional shares, they are committing long term to a league that is not the B10/SEC who are the ultimate winners in this chess game. 

PLUS - all this fuss and lawsuits and exit fees for what?  They need to come out of this as clear winners not some swing for the fences gamble.  (I agree with your take, I just don't think they will gamble)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

No way.  The dominos that fall because the B12 is strong is much better for usf IMO.   

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  52

7 minutes ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

No way.  The dominos that fall because the B12 is strong is much better for usf IMO.   

How do you see that playing out?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  52

55 minutes ago, Rage said:

This is true but whatever they don't get goes to SEC and B10, then they are still not in the P2.  So I don't know why FSU would do that except that it kicks the can down the road so to speak.  And they would be playing some real stinkers in the conference with no cultural relevance to their large fanbase.  Maybe I am making more of a big deal about this, but I don't see the customers enjoying that move.  Yes it would be incrementally better, but I don't know if burning everything down for an incrementally better (financially only - worse in other ways) position is worth it.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1