Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Soooooo, the 7/12 conference realignment doesn't involve FSU?

The tweet said by 08/15, so it could.

Not really buying the 07/12 thing.

• Topic Count:  420
  • Content Count:  9,778
  • Days Won:  8

43 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Does anyone know why the FSU has been so hostile towards the ACC? Clemson as well. OUT left the B12 with grace, didn't bad-mouth the conference, worked with them until the end, came up with a deal to leave, and stuck to it (all of that is as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong). Clemson, and primarily FSU, have been throwing a hissy fit. It's like, the opposite of how this stuff should be done. I guess trying to drum up public pressure and rhetoric is important when you're fighting a 12 year exit versus a 2/3 like OUT? I don't know. 

Anyways, does anyone know if the B12 has similar ESPN+ arrangement for their sports like the AAC (and ACCN)? I love being able to pull up all of our home sports and in-conference games to watch anywhere on my phone. I think that's huge. Volleyball, basketball, softball, baseball, even the T&F and golf post-season. If we can't do that with the B12, I think that's a clear advantage for the ACC. But if the B12 also has it, then I guess it's a push in that regard. 

It’s really stupid. 
ACC got FSU into the playoffs, and a national championship, except this year they go undefeated and the Big10 and SEC snubbed them to assert their P2 status. FSU takes it out on the ACC and wants in the P2 club. The playoff is expanding so staying in the ACC and winning should be good for exposure even if you have less money, you can still make the playoff and get the media attention. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

3 minutes ago, Gismo said:

It’s really stupid. 
ACC got FSU into the playoffs, and a national championship, except this year they go undefeated and the Big10 and SEC snubbed them to assert their P2 status. FSU takes it out on the ACC and wants in the P2 club. The playoff is expanding so staying in the ACC and winning should be good for exposure even if you have less money, you can still make the playoff and get the media attention. 

True all of this is very risky for a team like FSU.  We shall see!

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

Fiutak, our biggest fan, now says B12...

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

Starting to think both the ACC & Big 12 will eventually merge and there will be a P3 with SEC, Big Ten, and whatever the Big12/ACC will be called.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Fiutak, our biggest fan, now says B12...

Message to Pete: "If you're truly our biggest fan ...

image.gif.311ea2fc69b0feb9766ac9a370ec2213.gif

Edited by Triple B
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

26 minutes ago, Gismo said:

It’s really stupid. 

I guess it is all about the money & stability even if they end up finishing in the middle of the pack in the SEC every year. At least they won’t be having a competitive disadvantage with UF by joining the same conference imo:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Message to Pete: "If you're truly our biggest fan ... image.gif.311ea2fc69b0feb9766ac9a370ec2213.gif

Fuitak response

Ricky Bobby Sony GIF by Talladega Nights

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I guess it is all about the money & stability even if they end up finishing in the middle of the pack in the SEC every year. At least they won’t be having a competitive disadvantage with UF by joining the same conference imo:

It is about money and we have the same issue here.  "We need the money" is what I keep reading.  Money doesn't make the fans happy.  I know, I know we will lose bidding wars for players if we don't have money.  Guess what?  We will lose those wars anyway.  

FSU is making a mistake but I understand it.  I am just frustrated, like many, over how money is ruining college football.  It is stripping away tradition and rivalries and laying waste to what was good about college football.

The only way out for us is to consistently win where we are.  It will make our fans happy and fill the seats, it will make players want to come here, it will make us more attractive(and ready) for expansion.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

Posted (edited)

I think everyone is waiting for the FSU/Clemson and ACC situation to be settled. Once that happens we will see moves happening.

Pretty much what has been discussed on this board and other places.

1. Does the P2 take FSU/ Clemson?

2. Does P2 take anyone else?

3. Does the ACC retain ESPN media deal with value for remaining members/ What’s the exit fee to leave it

everything else: ACC additions,B12 expansion, PAC2 adding schools will all wait until those three questions are answered. I feel pretty certain that once those 3 get answered, USF will be leaving the American.

Edited by Cubanbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Does anyone know why the FSU has been so hostile towards the ACC? Clemson as well. OUT left the B12 with grace, didn't bad-mouth the conference, worked with them until the end, came up with a deal to leave, and stuck to it (all of that is as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong). Clemson, and primarily FSU, have been throwing a hissy fit. It's like, the opposite of how this stuff should be done. I guess trying to drum up public pressure and rhetoric is important when you're fighting a 12 year exit versus a 2/3 like OUT? I don't know. 

Anyways, does anyone know if the B12 has similar ESPN+ arrangement for their sports like the AAC (and ACCN)? I love being able to pull up all of our home sports and in-conference games to watch anywhere on my phone. I think that's huge. Volleyball, basketball, softball, baseball, even the T&F and golf post-season. If we can't do that with the B12, I think that's a clear advantage for the ACC. But if the B12 also has it, then I guess it's a push in that regard. 

Because OUT left only a couple of years early.  ACC has FSU and Clemson wrapped up until 2036.  They have to cry foul or pay the hefty exit fee.  They have to have some leverage to reduce the cost of the exit.   

The ESPN had the Longhorn Network which was a financial disaster for ESPN and the B12 in general . There are some secondary arrangements for no revenue sports but nothing like the ACCN

• Upvote 3