Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Soooooo, the 7/12 conference realignment doesn't involve FSU?

Until they achieve the lofty goal of being an Hispanic leading institution there is no way anyone will touch them, they are staying put,  at least that is what my sources are telling me. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Would an official announcement be:

Hey y'all...we're leaving the ACC.

or

Hey y'all we're leaving the ACC five years from now, instead of the decades we were locked into. AND we're not the only ones fed up with the way this place is run.  You'll see! 🤨

'Cause a lot of people, not naming names or pointing fingers, are interested in getting your cubicle..

image.jpeg.a565c3bd5404048d0152a670578e6d83.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

9 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

or

Official announcement would be like thiseric staal hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

BJ. Not double letters. Plus who doesn’t love a BJ? 

Yeah I just wanted to use the gif lol

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

or

Hey y'all we're leaving the ACC five years from now, instead of the decades we were locked into. AND we're not the only ones fed up with the way this place is run.  You'll see! 🤨

'Cause a lot of people, not naming names or pointing fingers, are interested in getting your cubicle..

Office Space Side Eye GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

4 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The ACC Network is immensely profitable for ESPN, so they are not going to let the conference disintegrate like the Pac 12.  And while ACCN is available in the Bay Area, losing FSU would diminish viewership considerably.  Adding viewers in the 11th largest cable market will protect those profits.  Heck, USF and FSU likely have similar viewership in the Bay Area.

This is sound logic.  I am already celebrating.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,882
  • Days Won:  6

Fiutak, our biggest fan, now says B12...

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

Does anyone know why the FSU has been so hostile towards the ACC? Clemson as well. OUT left the B12 with grace, didn't bad-mouth the conference, worked with them until the end, came up with a deal to leave, and stuck to it (all of that is as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong). Clemson, and primarily FSU, have been throwing a hissy fit. It's like, the opposite of how this stuff should be done. I guess trying to drum up public pressure and rhetoric is important when you're fighting a 12 year exit versus a 2/3 like OUT? I don't know. 

Anyways, does anyone know if the B12 has similar ESPN+ arrangement for their sports like the AAC (and ACCN)? I love being able to pull up all of our home sports and in-conference games to watch anywhere on my phone. I think that's huge. Volleyball, basketball, softball, baseball, even the T&F and golf post-season. If we can't do that with the B12, I think that's a clear advantage for the ACC. But if the B12 also has it, then I guess it's a push in that regard. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Fiutak, our biggest fan, now says B12...

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

These articles crack me up. 

"XYZ conference should/will grab A, B, C, D, E, and F schools" 

That will dilute the per school conference payout by how much? You want to ask the networks for pro-rata on HOW many schools, even when you have none left contractually? They're ALL G5 schools, not even a P5 addition? I agree that it makes sense for the B12 to add SDSU, USF, Memphis, and UNLV, but at what cost? FOX wouldn't pay for Stanford and Cal, and ESPN is fighting a couple of lawsuits from two of it's larger brands currently. 

Until FSU/Clemson officially leave, there is a near zero chance of any conference doing anything before the next round of tv contract negotiations in 28/29 (except the "PAC2"). They have all recently added new members, and have to work out all of the scheduling and whatever goes on the non-sports side of things. We have 2-3 years to make waves; show up for 5 years straight and we might have more than one door open to us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

28 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

These articles crack me up. 

"XYZ conference should/will grab A, B, C, D, E, and F schools" 

That will dilute the per school conference payout by how much? You want to ask the networks for pro-rata on HOW many schools, even when you have none left contractually? They're ALL G5 schools, not even a P5 addition? I agree that it makes sense for the B12 to add SDSU, USF, Memphis, and UNLV, but at what cost? FOX wouldn't pay for Stanford and Cal, and ESPN is fighting a couple of lawsuits from two of it's larger brands currently. 

Until FSU/Clemson officially leave, there is a near zero chance of any conference doing anything before the next round of tv contract negotiations in 28/29 (except the "PAC2"). They have all recently added new members, and have to work out all of the scheduling and whatever goes on the non-sports side of things. We have 2-3 years to make waves; show up for 5 years straight and we might have more than one door open to us. 

I don't disagree but I think it is cool that we always seem to be on the top of everyone's list for expansion these days.  It has been suggested that the B12, ACC and yes, even the B10 scoop up USF. 

Obviously we are not getting an invite to the B10 but it is cool that we are so popular from an expansion perspective.

• Upvote 1