Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Oh that's a bummer!  One more thing gone.

They're not fully gone though. If I remember correctly, winning a CFP semifinal hosted by a NY6 bowl still meant you got the trophy for that bowl game and the stats indicating you won a NY6 bowl. I'm sure they'll still award the bowl trophies but not sure it'll be worth keeping track of specifically NY6 bowl wins vs playoff wins in the new 12 team era and beyond.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

15 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

They're not fully gone though. If I remember correctly, winning a CFP semifinal hosted by a NY6 bowl still meant you got the trophy for that bowl game and the stats indicating you won a NY6 bowl. I'm sure they'll still award the bowl trophies but not sure it'll be worth keeping track of specifically NY6 bowl wins vs playoff wins in the new 12 team era and beyond.

Yes, this is true... but the G5 champion doesn't automatically make it to the semifinals... The G5 champion will (more than likely) have to win on the road at at a Top 5-10 P4 program.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I personally think this will be all over by Thanksgiving for us. (meaning we are invited to a new home)

I agree.  I think we are past the "win our way in" phase.  It wouldn't hurt and would only make it more obvious choice. 

That's just my opinion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

13 minutes ago, MMW said:

I agree.  I think we are past the "win our way in" phase.  It wouldn't hurt and would only make it more obvious choice. 

That's just my opinion.

I think the only "win our way in" phase of any of the recent realignments was when the B12 raided the AAC. All the other moves involved a smorgasbord of criteria  ..... but like you said, winning couldn't hurt.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, MMW said:

They are also the top dog in all of this (or co-top dog).  

If this were a chess game it would be over, the B10/SEC have already won.

For reasons you stated AAU status to them goes much deeper than a snobby preference.  They are an academic alliance first and foremost that is foundational.  They don't have to reach for programs that don't fit their profile.

This is all true, but none of it would change if they added FSU and Clemson.  That is the snobbery to which I am referring .  They would still have the same network for research and all the academic background.  To be frank neither FSU or Clemson are slacker institutions, not is not like they are adding Memphis.   

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

38 minutes ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

This is all true, but none of it would change if they added FSU and Clemson.  That is the snobbery to which I am referring .  They would still have the same network for research and all the academic background.  To be frank neither FSU or Clemson are slacker institutions, not is not like they are adding Memphis.   

I think they are great schools.  They just don't have AAU and that is the criteria.

I see your point, yes they are snobby

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,830
  • Days Won:  5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bear said:

and the viewcount is embarrasingly low!! How!? We have 400,000 alumni! 

Look up USF anything... and compare the number of views (or comments, like, shares) to videos on Cincy, ucf, Memphis, Tulane, etc...

I don't think you can really compare our alumni to graduates of c. The knats are the only game in town for Orlando. So, their fans will naturally be more invested overall, because they have the spare capacity for fandom.

That said, we don't have a problem filling a stadium, when we win. Name more than 10 schools that fill up their stadium, when they suck.

P.S. I wonder if WVU fans pine for the USF rivalry, because that is also the last time they were relevant.

Edited by BULLSHTR
typo
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  232
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/30/2024 at 1:52 PM, TallyBull said:

Beavis And Butthead Idk GIF by Paramount+

This was in response to Zae Thomas committing to FSU. He is the first member of the Seminole Tribe of Florida to earn a scholarship and commit to FSU.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

P.S. I wonder if WVU fans pine for the USF rivalry, because that is also the last time they were relevant.

I think WVU fans would be a huge proponent of playing USF again. Nostalgia is real between our two programs. I also think WVU and USF, more than any of the other former Big East schools, miss the BE. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,830
  • Days Won:  5

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I think WVU fans would be a huge proponent of playing USF again. Nostalgia is real between our two programs. I also think WVU and USF, more than any of the other former Big East schools, miss the BE. 

As embarassing as it was to lose to them, UCONN and Pitt seemed like they would have turned into real rivalries if we had kept playing them. Louisville always seemed too high on themselves to have a rivalry with "florida's 4th best team" (at the time).

Edited by BULLSHTR