Who had G Spot talk on page 4,053??? 

@Triple B?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Trip, if discussing whether the G5 spot is a thing - and no one really questions it - then why not question the G4 or the G3 or the G2 spots? In fact why not even ask if there’s a G spot at all? 

The system failed me.  

image.gif.8cdb7524f98ae694c447de4d98b4a889.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

8 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Who had G Spot talk on page 4,053??? 

8 hours ago, Brad said:

I actually did, but we're going to need a ruling ......... it's on my page 4,118.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  53

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Societal effect.  

I read this as a thank you.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

G Spot talk

That's my new podcast.  Like and subscribe!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

I did not know they did away with the G5 spot.   The NCAA site says top 4 ranked conference champs.   So I guess there is a chance if the AAC champ is ranked higher than say the B12 or ACC champ 

Yes and no. Technically there is no spot specifically assigned to the P4 or G5 in the new 12 team format. Just 5 spots locked for the highest ranked conference champs. And then of those 5, the top 4 get a first round bye and ranked as 1-4 for the bracket, regardless of what their CFP poll rank was. Conference champ #5 gets seeded alongside the 7 at large so they can even be seeded as #12.

While that's the rules on paper and it technically means you can have all 5 G5 champs as your autobids, we all know what the realistic application will be. It means 99% of the time your 5 autobids will be the P4 champs plus the best G5 champ. If the Big 12 or ACC champ has a down year and there's 2 really good G5 champs we may see 2 G5 autobids. But that would be extremely rare. So far that only would have happened in the anomaly 2020 season. In normal years, the 2nd highest ranked G5 champ hasn't come anywhere close to being above the lowest P5 champ. 

But this realistic application of the autobids is also how you can see the PAC is no longer a power conference. Again, it's only on paper that the autobids are equally available for each conference. But before the PAC died we had 6 autobids, i.e 1 for every P5 and 1 for the G5. It was voted down to 5 earlier this year. Still keep the same core concept of 1 per P conference and 1 shared for the G conferences. Just with 1 less P conference you need 1 less autobid.

• Crying 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

USF is going to get that G5 spot for the playoffs this upcoming season Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Like 3

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF is going to get that G5 spot for the playoffs this upcoming season Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

12 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

We definitely can.  We actually have a schedule that would raise eyebrows if it clicks this year.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

33 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Yes and no. Technically there is no spot specifically assigned to the P4 or G5 in the new 12 team format. Just 5 spots locked for the highest ranked conference champs. And then of those 5, the top 4 get a first round bye and ranked as 1-4 for the bracket, regardless of what their CFP poll rank was. Conference champ #5 gets seeded alongside the 7 at large so they can even be seeded as #12.

While that's the rules on paper and it technically means you can have all 5 G5 champs as your autobids, we all know what the realistic application will be. It means 99% of the time your 5 autobids will be the P4 champs plus the best G5 champ. If the Big 12 or ACC champ has a down year and there's 2 really good G5 champs we may see 2 G5 autobids. But that would be extremely rare. So far that only would have happened in the anomaly 2020 season. In normal years, the 2nd highest ranked G5 champ hasn't come anywhere close to being above the lowest P5 champ. 

But this realistic application of the autobids is also how you can see the PAC is no longer a power conference. Again, it's only on paper that the autobids are equally available for each conference. But before the PAC died we had 6 autobids, i.e 1 for every P5 and 1 for the G5. It was voted down to 5 earlier this year. Still keep the same core concept of 1 per P conference and 1 shared for the G conferences. Just with 1 less P conference you need 1 less autobid.

I just do NOT trust the CFP committee to produce the rankings correctly. 

Ya'll remember in 2016 and 2017 -- how the AP and Coaches polls had USF end the season in the top 25; but the CFP did not?

Yeah, being G5 is garbage. Straight up. 

• Like 1