Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

I have seen mention of PAC expanding from 2 to 8 teams. Who jumps to that conference? I guess, I could see some logic in MWC teams moving. I just don’t see that move being worth it for the 6 that jump.

I think current AAC and MWC are in a better position than the potential PAC conference that can be made. Just in terms of stability.

That being said, on an eyeball test, I would say the MWC is a better brand than the AAC right now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

45 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I have seen mention of PAC expanding from 2 to 8 teams. Who jumps to that conference? I guess, I could see some logic in MWC teams moving. I just don’t see that move being worth it for the 6 that jump.

I think current AAC and MWC are in a better position than the potential PAC conference that can be made. Just in terms of stability.

That being said, on an eyeball test, I would say the MWC is a better brand than the AAC right now.

The new PAC would be WSU, OSU and a bunch of other West Coast g5s.  I think the ACC grabs OSU and WSU before the PAC gets s new start.  It only makes sense 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,360
  • Days Won:  490

Yep, ACC looking to kill the Pac/MWC and Big12 trying to kill ACC would make sense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

I think everyone saw the iceberg looming ahead but now it's down to trying to sink each other's lifeboats.

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Division I has never been more fractured, and the split between the haves and have-nots in college athletics is becoming more real than ever.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,239
  • Days Won:  68

7 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I think everyone saw the iceberg looming ahead but now it's down to trying to sink each other's lifeboats.

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Division I has never been more fractured, and the split between the haves and have-nots in college athletics is becoming more real than ever.

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you guys tonight.  I am going to find Rose for a quick romp before this ship breaks in half and sinks like a rock. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you guys tonight.  I am going to find Rose for a quick romp before this ship breaks in half and sinks like a rock. 

Old Rose or young Rose?

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

3. Add Oregon State, Washington State both still have the image of being empower schools and they can use their PAC2 money to add to their lower ESPN pay. The other 2 would be more likely USF and Tulane. I could see SDSU to add more of a Western division and larger market, don’t think UConn leaves BigEast.

I could be wrong, but it's very hard for me to believe the ACC adds either Oregon State or Washington State, just to help Cal and Stanford. Seems like a big reach to me, based solely on their past status as power schools. It's sad for them but they just need to come to terms that they're no longer power schools. They're now MWC schools.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Yep, ACC looking to kill the Pac/MWC and Big12 trying to kill ACC would make sense.

One should eat to live, not live to eat.  🤔

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,360
  • Days Won:  490

You've been remarkably philosophical lately, everything okay? 😂

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

37 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I could be wrong, but it's very hard for me to believe the ACC adds either Oregon State or Washington State, just to help Cal and Stanford. Seems like a big reach to me, based solely on their past status as power schools. It's sad for them but they just need to come to terms that they're no longer power schools. They're now MWC schools.  

It isn’t as much to help Cal/ Stanford as to help the ACC and the Eastern teams.

First while OSU/ WSU are diminished in public eyes. As the P2 they still have that image of recent Power schools and fans from ACC would be more amiable to play them than those with the G5 tag. The fact that they have P2 money means the ACC can get them from cheaper than cal/ Stanford.