Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

25 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

One of the more credible ones that doesn't work for an actual media company.

However, the more important part with this account is that it's more like a "third party" with no actual rooting interest for or against USF.  He's objective enough to recognize the value we bring, without having an agenda related to where USF goes.  (At one point he even said USF to B1G is not completely out of the question in the future, if USF can succeed in P4 and raise it's profile.)

FWIW (probably not much), have to disagree with you in part. Earlier in this same thread I pointed out that last year, credible FSU outlets had chastised him on X for plagiarizing their work. I seem to recall (could be wrong, but I don't think I am) only pointing that fact out in this thread, not on X, but he somehow caught wind of my criticism and blocked me in addition to the FSU outlets that pointed out his plagiarism. So I'm currently blocked by him on X. I wonder if he ever lurks on here; we have a pretty well-organized, well-known realignment thread, and publicly-available board here, so he may be fishing for people with similar interests and punishing those (like me) who criticize him.

That said, I'm always happy to see third parties speak favorably of USF, and I agree that he's a third party with no known vested interest in USF. He may end up being correct with respect to many of his assertions. I'm just not sure he's actually credible, despite his near-constant posts on realignment. Seems more like someone who has a significant following, and knows he has to throw us some raw meat now and then to keep that following and his status as a "go-to" X account for realignment news. He also seems willing to plagiarize from credible accounts to keep the content coming, which undermines his credibility in my eyes. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Days Won:  4

You ever listen to Josh Pate? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-q_MDeWQrjizr1VPLEpYg. I listen to his podcast when wheelin' about the peninsula and he mentioned that - according to his sources (guys with the word Esquire appended to their last name) - there is a good probability that there will be news of the pending ACC litigation & reorganization this season. Point being it's 'news about'.  Not execution of the action. The interesting thing about him, and some others, is that they have access to material that they cannot share. Kind of a trust sort of thing...how access fluctuates between off season and in season.  I just tend to embrace that more so than someone making definitive statements. I know, it's fun, but ... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

11 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

we have a pretty well-organized, well-known realignment thread

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Haha 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

18 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

FWIW (probably not much), have to disagree with you in part. Earlier in this same thread I pointed out that last year, credible FSU outlets had chastised him on X for plagiarizing their work. I seem to recall (could be wrong, but I don't think I am) only pointing that fact out in this thread, not on X, but he somehow caught wind of my criticism and blocked me in addition to the FSU outlets that pointed out his plagiarism.

That pretty much seals the deal for me as far as my already shaky opinion of him .....

21 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

we have a pretty well-organized, well-known realignment thread

Known for what?

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That pretty much seals the deal for me as far as my already shaky opinion of him .....

Known for what?

Truth seeking.  Oh no.   That's not it.  A Few Good Men You Cant Handle The Truth GIF by SundanceTV😁 

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,376
  • Days Won:  4

36 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

What credibility?  And for the record we would pound the Beavers!  It would be hard, but we would come up big going balls deep with aggressive penetration in what is sure to be a graphic explosion of enjoyment. 

Idk that game could get hairy. Especially of we go down too early.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,248
  • Days Won:  68

43 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

FWIW (probably not much), have to disagree with you in part. Earlier in this same thread I pointed out that last year, credible FSU outlets had chastised him on X for plagiarizing their work. I seem to recall (could be wrong, but I don't think I am) only pointing that fact out in this thread, not on X, but he somehow caught wind of my criticism and blocked me in addition to the FSU outlets that pointed out his plagiarism. So I'm currently blocked by him on X. I wonder if he ever lurks on here; we have a pretty well-organized, well-known realignment thread, and publicly-available board here, so he may be fishing for people with similar interests and punishing those (like me) who criticize him.

That said, I'm always happy to see third parties speak favorably of USF, and I agree that he's a third party with no known vested interest in USF. He may end up being correct with respect to many of his assertions. I'm just not sure he's actually credible, despite his near-constant posts on realignment. Seems more like someone who has a significant following, and knows he has to throw us some raw meat now and then to keep that following and his status as a "go-to" X account for realignment news. He also seems willing to plagiarize from credible accounts to keep the content coming, which undermines his credibility in my eyes. 

Have you learned nothing Tally?  If they shed us in a positive light then they are credible, if they don’t then they are incompetent hacks with **** for brains.  This was learned in the first 100 pages and was the focal point of realignment discussion 101, please remember your training, we have a a reputation to uphold, it appears we are known as experts in the field of realignment methodology.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Known for what?

Existing and being very, very long... 😉

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Mentioning us and Big10 hurts his credibility. 😀

It was an answer to a question from a USF fan... he even provided his analysis of USF (which he had done for all of the teams that actually have a chance to make the B1G).

• Like 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,248
  • Days Won:  68

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

Existing and being very, very long... 😉

not sure that is saying much, Trips has probably existed the longest, and he not exactly a fan favorite, or even liked in his inner circle.