Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,803
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Aac members probably aspire to go back to cusa or sun belt. The Aac is a complete embarrassment. 

I feel like the AAC would be better with fewer members. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  5

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

The PAC got an offer of 30 million per team from ESPN that they stupidly turned down. The B12 realized only one was getting that deal and jumped ahead and took it.

Cal and Stanford took a reduce rate from the Tier 1 ESPN contract, That pays about 22 million per team. They still get the ACC Network payout around 10 million. SMU will also have access to ACC network payout.

What people confuse is whether that cut Cal/ Stanford are taking is being kept by ESPN or the ACC. Since those contracts are secret, no one really knows. We know for example thatBYU and the three AAC schools aren’t getting full rate of B12 deal

I am still not sure how the PAC 12 was not worth 30M even after the B12 got their deal, unless the landscape changed.  The B12 is a combo of ESPN and Fox and they paid 8 mediocre programs and 4 G5 programs $30M dollars.  So I think they both needed secondary content.  The PAC 12 would have been even better content than the B12 was at the time. It almost seemed like the TV networks all of a sudden saw major realignment happening and put on the brakes after the B12. Have they put it back on the gas?   Or are they now seeing the P2 as their "baby" and the others as filler.  

As for Cal/Stanford at the time I saw their addition as a panic by the ACC to help keep there from being a vote to dissolve the GOR or to keep enough teams for their contracts.  But that is wild speculation.  As Cal has reported athletic department deficits over the last few years I would have to think there was some incentive to be with the ACC (I guess better than being an orphan with WSU and OSU).  Again if ESPN can somehow save $$ by killing the ACC they will (do I sound a bit jaded? yes I am).

CF realignment is the perfect feeding ground for social media clicks and conversations.  So much mis/dis information, conjecture and downright wishful thinking.  

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Again if ESPN can somehow save $$ by killing the ACC they will (do I sound a bit jaded? yes I am).

This is true.  What we call college traditions they look at like a manufacturer just switching out a raw material to save some cash.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

“Many of the current Group of Five conferences are probably right on the fault line, and all the rest are probably on the other side of it. For USF, while it is an urgent time, I look at it as a time of immense opportunity, and we are looking to seize that opportunity with all of the investments and aggressive we have been making.”

He pointed to USF’s major investments in a $340 million on-campus football stadium, scheduled to open in 2027. That’s on top of a $22 million indoor performance center — paid for with donations, including a $5.1 million gift from J.D. Porter and family. Kelly believes those factors, plus other major upgrades, will put USF facilities on par with the power schools.

“USF should not be left out just because we weren’t born yet, back when some schools were invited as charter members of a conference in the back room of some country club in the 1950s or something,” he said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

“Many of the current Group of Five conferences are probably right on the fault line, and all the rest are probably on the other side of it. For USF, while it is an urgent time, I look at it as a time of immense opportunity, and we are looking to seize that opportunity with all of the investments and aggressive we have been making.”

He pointed to USF’s major investments in a $340 million on-campus football stadium, scheduled to open in 2027. That’s on top of a $22 million indoor performance center — paid for with donations, including a $5.1 million gift from J.D. Porter and family. Kelly believes those factors, plus other major upgrades, will put USF facilities on par with the power schools.

“USF should not be left out just because we weren’t born yet, back when some schools were invited as charter members of a conference in the back room of some country club in the 1950s or something,” he said.

Imagine if power conferences were made with Yale, Harvard, Cornell, Rutgers being the biggest brands because they were some of the original adopters of football.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

I agree with it all!

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

“We are excited about this new permissive era emerging in college sports and are ready to be bold. It is our time to step up and seize any possible opportunities in this seismic landscape.”

Anyone who says at this point they know for certain what will happen with college realignment is just guessing. This much is undeniable, though. Schools left out of the Power 4 conferences will have a much tougher time maintaining the levels of athletics many of them have now.

• Upvote 1

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

LHN became a catalyst in conference realignment upon its original launch. Now it will take a new form as Texas joins the SEC.

The Longhorn Network, the 24-hour television channel that has covered University of Texas athletics since 2011, will relaunch as a reimagined free streaming service on July 1, the university announced Monday.