Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

8 hours ago, Gismo said:

All of this drama is because the Big10 and SEC laid their **** on the table and snubbed FSU in the playoff. 

All of this is happening because FSU saw what is happening with the P2 and they are one of the top brands outside those conferences and doesn't want to be left out. Don't think it has anything at all to do with the playoff snub.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

10 hours ago, Gismo said:

All of this drama is because the Big10 and SEC laid their **** on the table and snubbed FSU in the playoff. 

I thought that was when UGA beat them by 89 points.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,248
  • Days Won:  68

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

All of this is happening because FSU saw what is happening with the P2 and they are one of the top brands outside those conferences and doesn't want to be left out. Don't think it has anything at all to do with the playoff snub.

Exactly, they were going either way, this gave them a reason to propel them into action, wouldn’t be surprised if this was contrived by the committee to be the catalyst for not only action but securing a much lower exit fee due to this perceived slight. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Days Won:  0

Seems to me ACC without (Clemson and FSU) is preferred destination based solely upon geography and school culture.  I would think games in Atlanta and North Carolina would be attractive.  If they leave do you think that the ACC looks west first?  Now with Cal and Stanford do they add WSU and OSU.  If they lose UNC they will look east coast for replacement if they get one. I think that is where USF fits in most likely. 

If the top 3 leave the ACC the B12 probably athletically has a small advantage due to remaining teams being better across the board in football. Utah, Okie State, KSU and TCU have all been pretty competitive in comparison to Miami, Pitt, NCST and VT.  But maybe not enough to make that big of a difference to trump the convenience and being associated with Duke and WF, Stanford etc. 

Lastly it seems that the trend is for new teams to come in at a discount.   Cal Stanford came in at 30% share, Wash and Oregon at 50% share, SMU no share. UCF/BYU/UC/UCF all went to the B12 at about 45% share.  If USF gets an invite, what kind of discount are we looking at? Obviously anything better than $7M a year seems good.  

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,262
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

Seems to me ACC without (Clemson and FSU) is preferred destination based solely upon geography and school culture.  I would think games in Atlanta and North Carolina would be attractive.  If they leave do you think that the ACC looks west first?  Now with Cal and Stanford do they add WSU and OSU.  If they lose UNC they will look east coast for replacement if they get one. I think that is where USF fits in most likely. 

If the top 3 leave the ACC the B12 probably athletically has a small advantage due to remaining teams being better across the board in football. Utah, Okie State, KSU and TCU have all been pretty competitive in comparison to Miami, Pitt, NCST and VT.  But maybe not enough to make that big of a difference to trump the convenience and being associated with Duke and WF, Stanford etc. 

Lastly it seems that the trend is for new teams to come in at a discount.   Cal Stanford came in at 30% share, Wash and Oregon at 50% share, SMU no share. UCF/BYU/UC/UCF all went to the B12 at about 45% share.  If USF gets an invite, what kind of discount are we looking at? Obviously anything better than $7M a year seems good.  

I would take 0 to get out of this dreadful conference were in. It's a embarrassment to the university 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, CF is NFL Jr said:

What’s the current payout per school in ACC?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,803
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

The P2, SEC and Big10, snubbed them to demonstrate their the power. It was a power move. FSU lost their mind.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The P2, SEC and Big10, snubbed them to demonstrate their the power. It was a power move. FSU lost their mind.

Idk, Chase that paper I guess? Even if they come in at a % and break even with the payout, they are getting more access/exposure in the CFP.

One day it will be 16 team playoff, 8 each coming from the P2 exclusively.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

One day it will be 16 team playoff, 8 each coming from the P2 exclusively

Can't say it's out of the realm of possibility. We could see a P2 playoff and an also-ran playoff of anyone not in the P2. Gotta think in terms of entertainment and marketing. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

As much as some apparently love conspiracy theories, the Committee is not controlled by the P2. They made a perfectly defensible decision when choosing the top 4 football teams in the country at that point in time. It sucked for FSU but was the right one without talking about "power moves" ....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1