Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

That will change over time. The more alumni that graduate from USF (many are likely to stay in Tampa as opposed to graduates from UF and FSU staying in their respective cities), the more we take of the Tampa market. We win games, we get into the Big12 and become semi-successful...its a wrap.

Yes and the more usf alum who went to the school with a football team. Too many old folks with USF degrees who like the Bulls, but are bigger fans of the school they rooted for in the 70s when USF didn't play football

That will change over time. The more alumni that graduate from USF (many are likely to stay in Tampa as opposed to graduates from UF and FSU staying in their respective cities), the more we take of the Tampa market. We win games, we get into the Big12 and become semi-successful...its a wrap.

Yes and the more usf alum who went to the school with a football team. Too many old folks with USF degrees who like the Bulls, but are bigger fans of the school they rooted for in the 70s when USF didn't play football

Wash your mouth out with soap. I rooted for those teams for years But when I became a man(we got FB) I put away childish things...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Changing of the guard.

As you old timers fade away, there won't be a "back before 97". You are being replaced by alumni/fans who have always cheered for USF, live in Tampa, will go to school at USF, and work in the area after graduation. Over time USF will dominate this market.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

We need everyone on board. Marginally attached or die hard. 

Yes this! and for them to buy a ticket. We need to be inviting as many people as we can to come to our home games. I am offering my friends to jump on my donation level and just buy the tickets, maybe throw a hundred or two towards the donation. But more importantly just to get them in the stadium and enjoy the games!

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

We need everyone on board. Marginally attached or die hard. 

Yes this! and for them to buy a ticket. We need to be inviting as many people as we can to come to our home games. I am offering my friends to jump on my donation level and just buy the tickets, maybe throw a hundred or two towards the donation. But more importantly just to get them in the stadium and enjoy the games!

AMEN!

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Here's the image.

Only problem is that 28 of that 30% roots for the Gators, Noles, or Canes... :(

Actually, a lot of folks follow both USF and one of those that you mention. I find it incredibly stupid, especially if the person attended and obtained their degree from USF. But I always hear the "I've been following [x school] prior to USF having football, and my [insert consanguine family member] attended there as well." Those types of answers are common with our fanbase, and they rub me the wrong way. :angry:

You can't legislate someones fandom.  It isn't real logical to hate them for it, either.  

The answer is that when USF plays more games on a big state, USF will get more fans.  And the current generation of students is seeing USF play in big games, and more of them will grow up to be fans.

Programs take generations to build, which is why it is folly of us to demand inclusion into some conference or another.  It takes time, but we are headed in the right direction.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

I would hope that a local  Noles or a Gator fan, would turn the TV on to a USF/Texas game.  College Football fans will tuned in if the marquee looks good.  Even at its worst,  ISU/USF is mucho better than Temple/USF.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Days Won:  51

Jeez, I am so ready for CFB to start, I would watch Bethune Cookman vs Elon if it was on **** TV right now. 2 months can't go by fast enough with nothing but stupid baseball on.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Here's the image.

Only problem is that 28 of that 30% roots for the Gators, Noles, or Canes... :(

Actually, a lot of folks follow both USF and one of those that you mention. I find it incredibly stupid, especially if the person attended and obtained their degree from USF. But I always hear the "I've been following [x school] prior to USF having football, and my [insert consanguine family member] attended there as well." Those types of answers are common with our fanbase, and they rub me the wrong way. :angry:

You can't legislate someones fandom.  It isn't real logical to hate them for it, either.  

The answer is that when USF plays more games on a big state, USF will get more fans.  And the current generation of students is seeing USF play in big games, and more of them will grow up to be fans.

Programs take generations to build, which is why it is folly of us to demand inclusion into some conference or another.  It takes time, but we are headed in the right direction.

It'd be rediculous of me to try and legislate someone's fandom. It can still rub the wrong way, however, when they provide excuses for not following USF as strongly as another program. Just sharing how I feel with the board, not trying to force others to exclusively root for the green and gold.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,012
  • Days Won:  4

Changing of the guard.

As you old timers fade away, there won't be a "back before 97". You are being replaced by alumni/fans who have always cheered for USF, live in Tampa, will go to school at USF, and work in the area after graduation. Over time USF will dominate this market.

Which is pretty much the way the evolution is expected to go. Now, twenty years hence - if it's not this way - then there are real issues. 

And to clarify...USF is still numero uno, but not the only item on the menu. By a long shot. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

Yoda is at it again...I don't have twitter or I would've responded to him.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda

If the networks do force the Big 12 to take Cinci and one Florida school, UCF makes the most sense.

7:39am - 14 Jul 13