Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

10 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Guys, I think I found Sources! He’s been a bull all along!

I am not bothered, I just feel like my brain gets twisted into a pretzel when we have multiple prognosticators screaming about how their unique scenario is the correct one.

And by prognosticators, I am talking about CW Lambert and the Such. I think for the most part, the fan base is aligned in where we would like to see our program (out of the G5, at the least).

Well don’t let your brain get twisted. Eventually something will happen all the “experts” Will claim some parts they were right on, ignore the wrong ones and life goes on.

As I said before I give my opinion on what I hear, have read and makes some sense and never said that I’m right. If I knew exactly what was going to happen I wouldn’t be a poster on this board.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

7 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Just listened to some random guy on YouTube talk about conference expansion.

June 30th is when will know about FSU/Clemson, apparently.

Sidenote: does reading/listening to all this conference realignment stuff make anyone else feel dumber afterwards?

Kelly Slater Surf GIF

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  5

FLYWAREAGLE.COM

USA Today's Blake Toppmeyer doesn't see Notre Dame and Miami as fits for the SEC; instead slotting the former in as a Big Ten shoo-in and the latter as a party

Miami, meanwhile, is a college team that plays 30 miles from its campus and requires big city traffic to get from where tailgating should take place to the stadium. In recent years, fan attendance has been down, and the 2024 spring game was clowned on for its small crowds.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Just funny as hell seeing how crazy the greed level has risen when you look at the past 20 years. 

24 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Just funny as hell seeing how crazy the greed level has risen when you look at the past 20 years. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/the-problem-with-college-sports-isn-t-the-athletes-it-s-the-schools/ar-BB1ntzYy?ocid=BingNews

A nonprofit’s goal is to deliver on its mission, which in this case is education. But these nonprofits are locked in bitter competition. The median Football Bowl Subdivision school experienced a 67 percent mushroom cloud increase in revenue between 2006 and 2015 — far outstripping any other purported “nonprofit” sector. But that only forced more pressure to “compete” financially. The massive revenue raked in by schools was diverted from any clear connection to the actual education and welfare of the athlete-students. Instead, the money flowed into absurdly escalating luxuries and the pockets of coaches and athletic directors who could help “win.”

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  479
  • Days Won:  0

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't think they have met any UVA grads.

Exactly. I went to UVa for grad school. It has nothing in common with the SEC schools. Literally nothing. UVa is East Coast elite culture. SEC is well, jorts and mullets culture. 

Edited by Bob Loblaw
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,808
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Exactly. I went to UVa for grad school. It has nothing in common with the SEC schools. Literally nothing. UVa is East Coast elite culture. SEC is well, jorts and mullets culture. 

Vt is probably a better culture fit for the SEC. I don't see the SEC wanting either though. I really think the SEC wants UNC and maybe FSU and Clemson as a bonus if they would get more money from the tv deals

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

8 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I actually see UNC and UVA as the best two targets for BigTen and even though I agree that culturally UVA might not fit in SEC, those two are the flagships of two growing states that neither league has schools in, so they would be attractive.

The big question mark is whether any addition from ACC schools actually increases money deals for SEC and BigTen. The fact that adding Oregon and Washington did not increase BT deal and that both of those schools took half payouts says a lot.

It will be interesting when FSU and Clemson settle with ACC, how much they have to payout to exit and what they get from joining SEC or BigTen. If they take similar to what Oregon and Washington did, you really have to question the move.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I actually see UNC and UVA as the best two targets for BigTen and even though I agree that culturally UVA might not fit in SEC, those two are the flagships of two growing states that neither league has schools in, so they would be attractive.

The big question mark is whether any addition from ACC schools actually increases money deals for SEC and BigTen. The fact that adding Oregon and Washington did not increase BT deal and that both of those schools took half payouts says a lot.

It will be interesting when FSU and Clemson settle with ACC, how much they have to payout to exit and what they get from joining SEC or BigTen. If they take similar to what Oregon and Washington did, you really have to question the move.

But wouldn’t that simply be a long term investment? The ACC is never going to get the what the SEC and BigTen pay. Of course that’s assuming the whole thing doesn’t blowup in 10 years.