Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Even better article showing that the Big12 will have trouble poaching from ACC.

Yormack announces that for 2023-24 the Big12 will pay out the four newcomers 18 million and the original 10= 39.8 that’s lower than the payout in 22-23 when they were 10 teams and lower than ACC

APNEWS.COM

Big 12 schools will share in a record $470 million in revenue distribution. That figure was revealed Friday when the conference wrapped up its first spring...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

If we can remove rivalries for the good of the corporation then we can add, at random as well.

True it is the global trend to ruin everything in favor of a couple percentage points for The Corporation (tm).

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Even better article showing that the Big12 will have trouble poaching from ACC.

Yormack announces that for 2023-24 the Big12 will pay out the four newcomers 18 million and the original 10= 39.8 that’s lower than the payout in 22-23 when they were 10 teams and lower than ACC

APNEWS.COM

Big 12 schools will share in a record $470 million in revenue distribution. That figure was revealed Friday when the conference wrapped up its first spring...

I think it will all depend on how many ACC teams are desirable pick ups for the SEC and Big 10. Also depends on whether Kansas and Oklahoma State are desirable to the Big 10 and SEC as well. If its more than 4 ACC teams than I believe the remaining ACC teams will panic, and jump on a Big 12 offer. Teams like Pitt and Louisville. I doubt teams like Boston college, Syracuse, Duke, Cal, and Wake Forrest would even be invited

Frankly i am hoping for it to be more than 4, since that would increase our chances to get a call up.

Although this is just mindless speculation on my part. Probably no different from all these tweets ( is it still called a Tweet?, I am getting older)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Although this is just mindless speculation on my part. Probably no different from all these tweets ( is it still called a Tweet?, I am getting older)

I think your speculation is as accurate as these insiders who know someone who knows stuff (allegedly).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,803
  • Days Won:  30

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cat941 said:

UNC and Notre Dame the most likely SEC additions, FSU and Clemson could be Big Ten bound

CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd believes that the SEC will be most interested in adding UNC and Notre Dame of the potential additions during the next round of conference realignment.

"SEC is done for now," Dodd said on his Inside ND Sports: Notre Dame football podcast. "If the SEC does anything, it will be ND or UNC is what I'm told."

Meanwhile, college football insider Brett McMurphy sees the SEC being interested in several schools from North Carolina and Virginia but has no interest in doubling up in schools from Florida and South Carolina, meaning FSU and Clemson may be Big Ten-bound.

Keyshawn couldn't believe Jayden Daniels’ training regime: “What the H*** is VR?” | All Facts No Brakes

Next

Stay

FLYWAREAGLE.COM

According to Clemson Wire's Alex Turri, Stanford, Cal, and SMU have a 0% chance of landing in the Big Ten or SEC when the ACC inevitably implodes...

According to Clemson Wire's Alex Turri, Stanford, Cal, and SMU have a 0% chance of landing in the Big Ten or SEC when the ACC inevitably implodes due to the exits of, at a minimum, FSU, Clemson, and UNC.

"... the final three programs, the newest to the ACC, are programs I see having a 0% chance of joining the SEC or Big Ten," Turri prefaced before saying, "While the two top conferences continue to expand, the Big 12 will do everything in their power to do the same. They’d consider a program like Stanford with their backs against the wall."

Turri would go on to say that Cal and SMU would also likely have Big 12 invites if/when the ACC falls, particularly the Mustangs, who would have four built-in in-state rivals and could reignite the DFW rivalry with TCU.

Meanwhile, Stanford and Cal would corner the Bay Area market for the Big 12; something the ACC accomplished but won't be able to maintain for long if the conference doesn't survive its top members abandoning ship.

UNC and Notre Dame the most likely SEC additions, FSU and Clemson could be Big Ten bound

CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd believes that the SEC will be most interested in adding UNC and Notre Dame of the potential additions during the next round of conference realignment.

"SEC is done for now," Dodd said on his Inside ND Sports: Notre Dame football podcast. "If the SEC does anything, it will be ND or UNC is what I'm told."

Meanwhile, college football insider Brett McMurphy sees the SEC being interested in several schools from North Carolina and Virginia but has no interest in doubling up in schools from Florida and South Carolina, meaning FSU and Clemson may be Big Ten-bound.

"The North Carolina schools, the Virginia schools," McMurphy prefaced before saying, "Certainly the SEC would have interest. I don’t think they have interest in Florida State or Clemson because they’ve already got Florida and South Carolina.”

Realignment rumors pop up every day, but most credible rumors point to the ACC not existing in due time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't USC by far the most popular college teams in Cali?

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,803
  • Days Won:  30

6 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Southern Baptists and Roman Catholics.  Maybe they could all go to church together! 😄

Sounds like  good way to avoid some taxes on a mega football center I mean church.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I think it will all depend on how many ACC teams are desirable pick ups for the SEC and Big 10. Also depends on whether Kansas and Oklahoma State are desirable to the Big 10 and SEC as well. If its more than 4 ACC teams than I believe the remaining ACC teams will panic, and jump on a Big 12 offer. Teams like Pitt and Louisville. I doubt teams like Boston college, Syracuse, Duke, Cal, and Wake Forrest would even be invited

Frankly i am hoping for it to be more than 4, since that would increase our chances to get a call up.

I think the problem is that you are seeing all the latest additions to conferences have not led to increase payouts but schools taking a fraction of league payouts to join. 
the new Big12 tv contract will pay the schools an avg of 29 million per year over a 6 year period. Adding Utah, ASU,Colorado and Arizona didn’t increase per team payouts 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I think your speculation is as accurate as these insiders who know someone who knows stuff (allegedly).

We are all exceptionally well informed and hold phenomenal insider information in the eyes of the interwebs. This will all change the day they institute an entrance exam for internet access.  And in the year 2024, being accurate is a luxury we cannot afford. We must be first, subject to later editing...permission versus forgiveness.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I think the problem is that you are seeing all the latest additions to conferences have not led to increase payouts but schools taking a fraction of league payouts to join. 
the new Big12 tv contract will pay the schools an avg of 29 million per year over a 6 year period. Adding Utah, ASU,Colorado and Arizona didn’t increase per team payouts 

It's not about increase, it's about staying afloat when your own ship is already sinking too fast. Again, I personally think the ACC is significantly less likely to implode like the PAC did. But if it were to happen, it'd probably have similarities. A perfect storm of the top leaving, a weak media deal situation, and offers out to some teams to be able to at least keep lateral pay. 

Where the PAC really sealed their fate was not accepting the $31M a year offer they had from ESPN. The Big 12 took it instead, economic situation caused the TV market to freeze up, and their best offer was a streaming first deal in the mid $20M range. If that's the best they could do WITH Oregon and Washington, the AZ schools and Utah knew that right after they left all they could do was accept the Big 12 for lateral money. 

All in all I agree with you. It's gonna take a perfect storm of things to move somewhere you're not actually getting a raise. But you take that lateral move when the alternative is drowning.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

My “sources” say the ACC GOR will keep schools from leaving to the B12 but not the B10/SEC. FSU/Clemson/whoever pay huge settlements to get out, but it’s worth it for them. The remaining ACC teams will have settlement money to roll around in for a few years.

If any ACC teams leave for the B12 there will be more than a couple ACC teams without a landing spot. The leftovers will be forced to try to keep the ACC afloat through expansion. 

For us, an invite would be an upgrade over the AAC, but the networks and powers that be will downgrade the conference and money won’t be on par with B12. We’d be moving up, but still sitting at the children’s table. 

You must believe all of this because I said I have “sources” just like the X prognosticators. 

• Upvote 1