Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I actually think having a g5 playoffs where the top 5 teams get moved up to power conference every  year and bottom team in every power conference would be the only saving grace at this point. There will be no chance you compete with power conferences without regulation  when the ncaa is going to pay them. 

Even after USF gets into to a Power conference I will still hope to see the G5 get an opportunity to move up too. I guess being a USF fan and dealing with what we have been going through has made me a fan of the other G5 schools too.  I am always going to root for the G5 in the playoffs. I just won’t put money on them as like you said the gap is growing. When all is said and done USF should have a spot in the rumored NFL minor league structure. The fan support for USF is too hard to pass up imo 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Even after USF gets into to a Power conference I will still hope to see the G5 get an opportunity to move up too. I guess being a USF fan and dealing with what we have been going through has made me a fan of the other G5 schools too.  I am always going to root for the G5 in the playoffs. I just won’t put money on them as like you said the gap is growing. When all is said and done USF should have a spot in the rumored NFL minor league structure. The fan support for USF is too hard to pass up imo 

Agreed; to me, it is absolutely criminal that USF and UCONN (and by proxy - Washington State and Oregon State) are not P4 right now. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

If we don't get in a power conference in 5 years or less we will be as good as dead for football. 

To some, I guess .....

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I actually think having a g5 playoffs where the top 5 teams get moved up to power conference every  year and bottom team in every power conference would be the only saving grace at this point. There will be no chance you compete with power conferences without regulation  when the ncaa is going to pay them. 

Whatever the answer is, if there is one, there's no way that promotion/relegation in college sports is even remotely in the ballpark ....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To some, I guess .....

Yea, by this logic FCS football shouldn’t exist or is some sort of zombie.

USF after they don’t get into a Power conference:

Disappear Call Of Duty GIF by G2 Esports

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To some, I guess .....

We are already officially 2nd class within what is supposed to be the same division of football.  It's weird that it all coexists.

1 hour ago, Bear said:

Agreed; to me, it is absolutely criminal that USF and UCONN (and by proxy - Washington State and Oregon State) are not P4 right now. 

Well the people that pull the strings tend to be criminals so maybe these are related. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To some, I guess .....

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We are already officially 2nd class within what is supposed to be the same division of football.  It's weird that it all coexists.

We have been for a decade. May be 3 classes in the same division before this is all done. It is what it is .... hokey as it sounds, just give me the home schedule and I'll try to make as many games as possible. The Internet/media has done a number on some when it comes to caring about their team and "relevancy".

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Well the people that pull the strings tend to be criminals so maybe these are related. 

Here is how I see this upcoming season. Sure USF is not in a power conference yet. And to be honest the performance on the field before CAG got here was embarrassing. No way does a power conference want to back lash if they were to invite USF. USF now has to continue winning on the field imo. Going into this season I’m glad USF is in the AAC as the school should be manageable to sneak in the CFP door with the new format. USF has a window of opportunity to show they can compete at a higher level. I’m predicting USF wins the AAC and grabs that playoff spot. Not sure how they will do with whoever they match up against as it will be a road game. Going to be a very interesting season imo 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

52 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m predicting USF wins the AAC and grabs that playoff spot.

We'll see. Don't know that I'd "predict it". I lean more towards "it would be nice if".  On the plus side, only Tulane & Memphis finished the '23 season with winning records, and the remaining six teams on the '24 slate finished the '23 season with <= .500 records. So, there's that. And since nothing ever happens in a bubble, we have to ask ourselves how much the competition improved over the off season. Who is expected to be worse off? Add to that the four other conference winners - who could be ranked higher than USF overall - and I'm not ready to slide all of my chips onto the USF Playoff square, effective May 24th, 2024. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Whatever the answer is, if there is one, there's no way that promotion/relegation in college sports is even remotely in the ballpark 

So the g5 is falling further behind and the divide grows. The ruling allows the pac12 to pay players. I wonder if they are going to try to expand.