Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

16 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I agree with you on this, but everyone is just trying to loot the corpse before the laws of economics kick in.  

Not to mention playing better teams...

This can be a dangerous game.

Personally I'd like for us to play in a league where money isn't what drives every decision.

a group of like minded schools where academics still matter and schools aren't bankrupted trying to keep up athletically with the joneses.

I hope the top half breaks off and forms their minor leagues and the rest of us come to our senses and put rules in place.

"pay" the players with an education and maybe a stipend, pay coaches and ADs a reasonable salary(something less than the president of the school) and stop trying to bleed every last cent from fans.

maybe kick back some extra cash to the school for their mission which is to educate the public

the spending on athletics has gotten beyond ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

I think a "breakaway" is a bit exaggerated, and that more likely there will be a reinvention of how the NCAA regulates institutions, student athletes, and their economics/distributions. 

...Or the Saudi's come in and make a "LIV collegiate sports", you never know. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

35 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Personally I'd like for us to play in a league where money isn't what drives every decision.

a group of like minded schools where academics still matter and schools aren't bankrupted trying to keep up athletically with the joneses.

I hope the top half breaks off and forms their minor leagues and the rest of us come to our senses and put rules in place.

"pay" the players with an education and maybe a stipend, pay coaches and ADs a reasonable salary(something less than the president of the school) and stop trying to bleed every last cent from fans.

maybe kick back some extra cash to the school for their mission which is to educate the public

This is a nice thought however a tad bit idealistic and unrealistic, the horses are already out the barn, no reason to shut the door now, it solves nothing.  We can’t turn back the clock, damage has been done.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

43 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Bingo! And I do believe that USF is heading in the right direction so I’m not too worried about what everyone is worried about that so called P2. Those huge super leagues will break apart in the long run imo.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

And college football will still be going strong whenever the dust settles. I’m a fan of the G5 conferences too so if they can make it work then the power conferences can make it work after the tv money plateaus.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I think a "breakaway" is a bit exaggerated, and that more likely there will be a reinvention of how the NCAA regulates institutions, student athletes, and their economics/distributions. 

...Or the Saudi's come in and make a "LIV collegiate sports", you never know. 

the ncaa is toothless. there are already different divisions for college sports. no reason why there can't be another.

the revenue disparity in FBS is ridiculous. 

OSU athletic department had $250M in revenue.

JMU had $57M. Of that $57M , $50M came from student fees. each student there pays $2,362 of mandatory fees for their athletic programs.

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This is a nice thought however a tad bit idealistic and unrealistic, the horses are already out the barn, no reason to shut the door now, it solves nothing.  We can’t turn back the clock, damage has been done.

it's not idealistic or unrealistic. and no it's not too late either.

if the p2 wants minor league sports then let them break off.

let the rest of us get back to rational dealings that don't threaten to bankrupt schools.

just think of what will happen when revenue sharing comes into play.

there is a reason why there are different divisions in college athletics. those divisions have different rules and far different costs.

Edited by Bull94
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the ncaa is toothless. there are already different divisions for college sports. no reason why there can't be another.

the revenue disparity in FBS is ridiculous. 

OSU athletic department had $250M in revenue.

JMU had $57M. Of that $57M , $50M came from student fees. each student there pays $2,362 of mandatory fees for their athletic programs.

Do those students choose to attend JMU? 

15 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Do those students choose to attend JMU? 

it's a state school funded by state and federal taxpayers.

60% of their student body gets financial aid.

the taxpayers would pay $50M less if those fees went towards the schools mission which is to educate the public.

So in a sense, you and i are partly paying for them to have a division 1 athletics program.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

4 hours ago, TallyBull said:

No complaints here

Funny how important things like number of students, growth rates, TV DMA ranking, number of living alum, etc are factors 

• Like 1