Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We need a $400k level.  😉

I will speak to some people as well, send me a 50k retainer so I can begin the work.  I can get you admitted into the “Lifetime platinum gold card legendary Bull status”with unlimited perks and even a statue out in front of the new OCS.  

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Don’t let Trip think he’s “endowed” or a Professor of anything.  His ego will get even fatter!!!

No need for fat-shaming bud, sheesh

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,166
  • Days Won:  5

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/status/1752097089603948862?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

It's hard to read this one but I think we are just in the top 50% (very bottom of that area).  Not great but could be worse.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I will speak to some people as well, send me a 50k retainer so I can begin the work.  I can get you admitted into the “Lifetime platinum gold card legendary Bull status”with unlimited perks and even a statue out in front of the new OCS.  

Your check is in the Zelle.  

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,166
  • Days Won:  5

Tweet goes on to say:

"I think we all have an obligation to assess the financial realities and make the best decision based on those realities,” Preyer said. “That is what the Board of Governors outlined [on Wednesday]. And if the current financial model of the Atlantic Coast Conference doesn't improve, then it would cause real concern about how Carolina could continue to maintain its excellence in athletics."

But we need action and not just words. This is a starting point, finally, coming from UNC. A lot of people out there are starting to realize the reality of the Power 2 Conferences (Big Ten and SEC) but many still fail to understand the financial differences in the coming years between the Power 2 and the rest of FBS football. Schools who will be earning $30M to $45M annually in less media rights revenue will not be able to compete successfully at the top of college sports. That is one of many reasons why there is serious talk of the Power 2 breaking away on their own. There is zero point in pretending schools that make $200M to eventually over $300M per year should be competing against schools, in football at the very least, with a lot less revenue that the majority of Big 12 and lower end ACC schools earn in revenue.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,761
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Tweet goes on to say:

"I think we all have an obligation to assess the financial realities and make the best decision based on those realities,” Preyer said. “That is what the Board of Governors outlined [on Wednesday]. And if the current financial model of the Atlantic Coast Conference doesn't improve, then it would cause real concern about how Carolina could continue to maintain its excellence in athletics."

But we need action and not just words. This is a starting point, finally, coming from UNC. A lot of people out there are starting to realize the reality of the Power 2 Conferences (Big Ten and SEC) but many still fail to understand the financial differences in the coming years between the Power 2 and the rest of FBS football. Schools who will be earning $30M to $45M annually in less media rights revenue will not be able to compete successfully at the top of college sports. That is one of many reasons why there is serious talk of the Power 2 breaking away on their own. There is zero point in pretending schools that make $200M to eventually over $300M per year should be competing against schools, in football at the very least, with a lot less revenue that the majority of Big 12 and lower end ACC schools earn in revenue.

It's a gold rush out there for sure. Can ghost towns be far behind?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

Understanding the premise of the P2, but exactly what does any school have that makes them attractive? Maybe 3-5 schools have some clout, but the vast majority offer nothing substantial. Will the P2 be willing to pare the Vandy’s or Indiana’s to make room? I mean let’s face it, will the SEC cut Vandy for UNC? Will the B1G cut Indiana for FSU? Will TV make up the difference?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

11 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

It's a gold rush out there for sure. Can ghost towns be far behind?

No.  Right behind.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,761
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Understanding the premise of the P2, but exactly what does any school have that makes them attractive? Maybe 3-5 schools have some clout, but the vast majority offer nothing substantial. Will the P2 be willing to pare the Vandy’s or Indiana’s to make room? I mean let’s face it, will the SEC cut Vandy for UNC? Will the B1G cut Indiana for FSU? Will TV make up the difference?

Yep. These are great questions. There's almost no way that ESPN and other broadcasters aren't asking the same things and trying to figure out how to deal with what they see as the dead weight. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

4 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Yep. These are great questions. There's almost no way that ESPN and other broadcasters aren't asking the same things and trying to figure out how to deal with what they see as the dead weight. 

Yes they will eventually trim those schools and have the biggest brand names only.  It's stupid.  Hopefully whatever is left can form their own league.